Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call Empty
PostSubject: NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call   NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:56 pm

By Mike Bires mbires@timesonline.com

The cell phone call that Troy Polamalu made during this past Sunday's game cost him $10,000.

That's the penalty the NFL slapped on the Steelers' strong safety for violating the league rule regarding cell phones. Use of cell phones are not permitted on the field before or during games.

Polamalu spoke to his wife on a cell phone of one the Steelers' team doctors after he experienced concussion-like symptoms in the fourth quarter of a 17-13 win over Jacksonville.

It's the second time Polamalu has been fined this season. He was fined $15,000 for a horse-collar tackle he made in the season opener in Baltimore.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/nfl-fines-polamalu-for-cell-phone-call/article_b1ff67ce-fc20-11e0-9aff-0019bb30f31a.html
-----------------------------------------------

Since cell phones can possibly cause cancer, I guess this is just more player safety from Goodell. NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call 2087824411

NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call 2800024739

Seriously, WTF??? Troy suffered a head injury and was talking to his wife. Just when you think Goodell can't be any more of a douche, he reaches down deep and goes above and beyond. NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call 929792854

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call   NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 1:49 pm

NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call 2913999526 NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call 2913999526 NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call 2913999526 NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call 2913999526 NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call 2913999526 NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call 2913999526 NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call 2913999526

MY KINGDOM FOR A USURPER TO THE NFL THRONE!!!!!!!!! NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call 2306309830

Back to top Go down
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call   NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:51 pm

yep i am ok with the fine. he new the rules and got busted . sorry taz u r still the best
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call   NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:35 am

blastfurness wrote:
yep i am ok with the fine. he new the rules and got busted . sorry taz u r still the best
But he had a concussion. He could have pleaded temporary insanity. NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call 1797695198

I'm not sure I understand the rule and how it's enforced. I know the league doesn't want players Tweeting and crap during games. That's understandable. But in this situation, Troy got hurt, and a team doctor handed the phone to Troy so he could talk to his wife and tell her that he was OK. Perfectly understandable. The NFL rule mentions "possession" of cell phones. It's not like Troy brought the cell phone with him. It was handed to him. The league has reduced fines and let players off before. I think this was a situation where Troy should have been let off. I could understand the fine if he was Tweeting or something, but the NFL frowns upon players talking to their wives after they get injured and assuring them they're OK? That's bullshit.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call   NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:34 am

Goodell VIOLATED HIS 1st AMENDMENT RIGHTS! NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call 2573146105 NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call 2573146105
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call   NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call Empty

Back to top Go down

NFL fines Polamalu for cell phone call
Page 1 of 1