Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable”

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” Empty
PostSubject: Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable”   Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:04 pm

October 27, 2011 2:32 PM

PITTSBURGH (93-7 THE FAN) — Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Lawrence Timmons joined Vinnie & Cook on Sportsradio 93-7 The Fan to look ahead to this Sunday’s matchup against the New England Patriots.

Timmons gives us the Steeler defense’s keys to success against New England, talks about the defense’s turnaround from the season opener and tells us how he is fitting in at James Harrison’s spot.

He also tells us if this week has been business as usual or if there’s been an extra pep in everyone’s step.

(Listen To Interview:) http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/10/27/steelers-timmons-we-must-make-tom-brady-uncomfortable/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can only imagine that this would involve forcing him to strap on a set of prosthetic balls and penis, hang out at a straight bar, and act like a man. Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” 3798349058

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable”   Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:20 pm

thats the problem, i have read a lot of "pressure brady and he will fold" but we can never get to him. i dont know why but i sure hope the steelers figure it out sunday

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable”   Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:27 pm

vasteeler wrote:
thats the problem, i have read a lot of "pressure brady and he will fold" but we can never get to him. i dont know why but i sure hope the steelers figure it out sunday

The worst part is that Deebo won't be there to help either. We'll mainly be relying on Woodley and Timmons (if he can get it together at OLB) for pressure. The good news is that Woodley picked a good time to finally go into "beast mode".

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable”   Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:33 pm

vasteeler wrote:
You're right, va.

The Patriots know the way to beat the Steelers defense is to spread them out. And the Steelers know the best way to stop the Patriots' offense is to pressure Brady. Unfortunately, only one team has been successful in recent memory of executing their game plan. Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” 1505004552

I've got a gut feeling things will be different Sunday.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable”   Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Typically, the patriots* run a protect style offense. Meaning at least one TE and one RB is staying in to block the pass rush.

This might be the year to change things up and mix up a little man-zone, and then tell the front 3 to go 110% every play to get to Brady. Even if he hands the ball off...at least tap him on the shoulder pads to let him know.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable”   Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:42 pm

vasteeler wrote:

Everyone says the key to beating the Pats is pressuring Brady, but the results say something completely different. Trying to beat their timing routes with the pass rush is just playing too Brady's strengths. If you watch Brady he gets rid of the ball with a quickness which all but negates any blitz or pass rush. Even if Woodley comes off the line clean all it takes is a little chip block by the RB to give Brady enough time. The teams that have beaten them in the last few years or have come close have done the exact opposite. Remember the Jets last year in the playoffs they were rushing 3 linemen even 2 at times just to keep the receivers covered up and throw off those timing routes. In doing so it led to mistakes(INTS) by Brady and coverage sacks. IF DL is smart, which he is we'll see a lot of Dime and Dollar defense this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable”   Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:24 am

supytalpeht wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Everyone says the key to beating the Pats is pressuring Brady, but the results say something completely different. Trying to beat their timing routes with the pass rush is just playing too Brady's strengths. If you watch Brady he gets rid of the ball with a quickness which all but negates any blitz or pass rush. Even if Woodley comes off the line clean all it takes is a little chip block by the RB to give Brady enough time. The teams that have beaten them in the last few years or have come close have done the exact opposite. Remember the Jets last year in the playoffs they were rushing 3 linemen even 2 at times just to keep the receivers covered up and throw off those timing routes. In doing so it led to mistakes(INTS) by Brady and coverage sacks. IF DL is smart, which he is we'll see a lot of Dime and Dollar defense this weekend.

Hmmm, that's an interesting analysis. There's certainly something to be said for having more bodies in the secondary and playing tight coverage. Brady doesn't beat us deap ... he dinks and dunks us. And you're right, it's hard to get to him.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable”   Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:42 am

The defensive rush was making marsha do his best audition for 'DWTS'.

Other than the late drive in the 4th quarter, marsha didn't do much!

Great game guys!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable”   Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:54 pm

supytalpeht wrote:

It's easy to recognize something and comment on it after the fact. Supy posted this days before the game. The defense employed this kind of strategy, and it worked to perfection. Kudos for the analysis, supy. Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” 2335737994

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable”   Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

It's easy to recognize something and comment on it after the fact. Supy posted this days before the game. The defense employed this kind of strategy, and it worked to perfection. Kudos for the analysis, supy. Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” 2335737994

agreed Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” 1647293567

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable”   Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:19 pm

Thanks y'all, that gives me the warm and fuzzies.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable”   Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:13 pm

Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” 2276209185 , Supy!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable”   Steelers’ Timmons: We Must Make Tom Brady “Uncomfortable” Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1