Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)

Go down 
+4
SteelersYak
SteelCityMom
JonM229
Wallace108
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:18 am

I'll keep this short and (not so) sweet.

The Good
Fantastic game from Brown and Cotchery.
James Harrison looked awesome in his first game back.
The O-line didn't look like absolute crap against the Ravens D.

The Bad
NO MORE SCREEN PASSES. At least for one game. Then we can catch them off guard.

The Ugly
Hey Bruce, when you have a lead and the clock is on your side, RUN THE FUCKING BALL AND KILL THE CLOCK!!!! Then kick a field goal and win the game. That's all.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:57 am

Also, don't let Joe Flacco look like an elite quarterback.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:58 am

The good - Offense (minus the Int and the screens) looked pretty good. They were playing the Ravens after all...so I didn't expect astronomical numbers. Harrison and Foote had pretty decent games tonight as well.

The bad - Passing D on third downs. Those were some of the most predictable play calls from the Ravens, and the D had no answers. We're extremely lucky the margin wasn't larger.

The ugly - Intentional delay of game on the FG attempt. WTF? Seriously?

The super ugly - Steelers Fever board right after the game. Sometimes I really think I wish the Steelers would just win so I didn't have to deal with the giant clusterfuck over there.

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:00 am

THE GOOD:
Antonio Brown and Ben Roethlisberger. Yes, he threw one silly pick, but it wouldn't have happened if Heath woulda popped Suggs. Sure Faggo FINALLY did something in the 4th quarter, but if they would have given Ben the ball with a minute left, he would have drove them down.
Troy- he seemed to be all over the place
Harrison- He was in beast mode tonight. Could you imagine if we had him AND Woodley. Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) 3337014354
Kapinos- Sep who?
Suisham- When you don't miss a field goal, I give you props.

THE BAD:
Our blitzing- other than Harrison, it didn't seem like we were getting much pressure Faggo. It seemed like the Ravens were driving us 2 to 4 yards off the ball every time.
Our DBs- At times, they made plays. On the whole, not a great game for Ike and Co.

THE UGLY:
The refereeing. I FULLY expect there to be a fine on Mr. Lewis' locker tomorrow. I was getting so sick of the bullshit calls the Ravens were getting. It's a division game with a lot on the line- let them play football. Ryan Clark's hit was not helmet to helmet (yet get's called) and Killer Ray nails Hines in the helmet and knocks him out of the game and nothing? Seriously? Why wasn't Buddha pissing all over the refs at that point?

I don't care that we are now in 3rd in the division (come on, the Bengals?!), it just makes each game mean a lot more. This isn't about keeping pace with the Ravens, it's about putting up a great record so that we can solidify a spot in the playoffs. It doesn't matter if we played the Ravens in Pitt or in Bal, the team had better be hunting for blood that game- especially after what they did to Hines. We just need to get into the playoffs to give ourselves the chance to play the Ratbirds again.
Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) 3056903510

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:03 am

JonM229 wrote:
Also, don't let Joe Flacco look like an elite quarterback.

Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) 3562723908

The only thing Joe Faggo is "elite" at is ball sucking. He put up decent numbers but in no way is he in the conversation of "elite". I'm actually surprised he didn't cripple under the pressure and blow it for once.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:10 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I'm actually surprised he didn't cripple under the pressure and blow it for once.

He's called Joe Cool for a reason. And if anyone was going to blow this game it was the receivers. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some gloating to do.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:16 am

It pains me to say it, but Flacco was clutch tonight. His receivers let him down until the very end.
I've cooled off a little now. So congrats to the Ratbirds. Hopefully we'll meet again in January.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:17 am

It's odd that the road to AFC North supremacy currently goes through Cincy. Though it'll be interesting to see how they fare the next two weeks against actually good teams.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:19 am

JonM229 wrote:
BGSU A Dub wrote:
I'm actually surprised he didn't cripple under the pressure and blow it for once.

He's called Joe Cool for a reason. And if anyone was going to blow this game it was the receivers. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some gloating to do.

So who blew it during the Jacksonville game?

The Ratbirds may have won the battle, but we will win the war.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:21 am

Gotta make it to the playoffs first. Here's a tip: try unleashing hell

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:21 am

JonM229 wrote:
It's odd that the road to AFC North supremacy currently goes through Cincy. Though it'll be interesting to see how they fare the next two weeks against actually good teams.
Nah, Cincy is a paper team. Dalton has been kicking ass, but let's see what he does against the Ravens and Steelers.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:45 am

JonM229 wrote:
Gotta make it to the playoffs first. Here's a tip: try unleashing hell

You don't want us to make it to the playoffs, Jon. The Steelers scare the living piss out of the Ravens in the post season.

That's why this game was so big, because the Ravens are hoping it was enough to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs so they wouldn't have to suffer another loss to the Steelers in the post season.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:47 am

Actually, Suggs said after the game that he expects to see the Steelers again in January. Only this time, it will be in Baltimore.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:51 am

JonM229 wrote:
Actually, Suggs said after the game that he expects to see the Steelers again in January. Only this time, it will be in Baltimore.

That's awful chummy of him to watch the Steelers playoff games.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:55 am

Roethlisberger can't beat Torrey Smith

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:06 am

piss off jon Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) 3798349058

the good: silverback

the bad : that goddamned prevent defense

the ugly: those ugly fuggin uniforms

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:37 pm

the good-----the steaks,wine,beer and tequila we hadSteelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) 755331329

the bad-------i couldn't finish my steakSteelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) 294855916

the ugly------today's hangover Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) 2744185472

and i fucking hate bruce ariansSteelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) 2913999526
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Here's why I'm over the Ravens loss:

What do you get for winning the AFC North? A pat on the back.
What do you get for being the one or two seed? A bye week. This can be good or bad.
What do you get for being in the playoffs? A chance to win the Super Bowl- now we're talking.

The circumstance of what this team needs to do hasn't changed between Saturday and today. Irregardless if they won or lost, they will still have to strap it up and win as many games as possible to make the playoffs. What has changed now? We don't hold one tiebreaker- for now. Who knows, this loss may mean nothing if the Ravens lose 4 more games.

A playoff win means a HELL of a lot more than 2 regular season wins.

With that being said, it's Bungles week. I bet this man is sleeping with a pacifier all week:
Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) Bengals-andy-dalton

Let the ginger jokes fly!

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:54 pm

The Good: Harrison
The Bad: Hines Ward being concussed
The Ugly: Watching the ratbirds celebrate on our field

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:54 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Roethlisberger can't beat Torrey Smith

In the post season, Torrey Smith is going to have to catch the TD pass the FIRST time it's thrown to him.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)   Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers-Ravens ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Week 9)
Page 1 of 1