Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJaguars fire coach Del Rio after eight-plus seasons, team sold. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Jaguars fire coach Del Rio after eight-plus seasons, team sold.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Jaguars fire coach Del Rio after eight-plus seasons, team sold. Empty
PostSubject: Jaguars fire coach Del Rio after eight-plus seasons, team sold.   Jaguars fire coach Del Rio after eight-plus seasons, team sold. EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:13 pm

Jaguars fire coach Del Rio after eight-plus seasons
NFL.com Wire Reports
Published: Nov. 29, 2011 at 08:55 a.m. Updated: Nov. 29, 2011 at 01:00 p.m.

The Jacksonville Jaguars have fired longtime head coach Jack Del Rio, a team source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.

Del Rio informed his coaching staff of the decision on Tuesday, according to the source.

A source told NFL Network's Albert Breer that defensive coordinator Mel Tucker will take over as interim head coach. Tucker joined the Jaguars in 2009 following four seasons as an assistant with the Cleveland Browns.

Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver also confirmed Tuesday that he would be selling the team to Pakistani-born entrepreneur and auto-parts mogul Shahid Khan.

Kahn told Sports Illustrated he intends to keep the Jaguars in Jacksonville. Kahn lost out on an attempt to buy the St. Louis Rams when Stan Kroenke bought the team in 2010.

In a press conference Tuesday, Weaver said Kahn was not involved in the decision to fire Del Rio, but that the decision on who would replace him will likely be a "joint effort" between the two men.

"I think I'll play a major role in influencing that decision based on conversations that Shahid and I have had," Weaver said. "He trusts my experience."

Weaver said the unusually active day was "bittersweet."

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82493c0b/article/jaguars-fire-coach-del-rio-after-eightplus-seasons-?module=HP11_headline_stack

Back to top Go down

Jaguars fire coach Del Rio after eight-plus seasons, team sold.
Page 1 of 1