Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back Empty
PostSubject: Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back   Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:46 pm

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Last updated: 10:14 am

The Steelers could welcome back two offensive line starters this week as Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey and right tackle Marcus Gilbert said they expect to play against the Browns.

Pouncey, named a Pro Bowl starter Tuesday, has missed the last two games with a high-ankle sprain. He went through a full practice Wednesday. Pouncey had said earlier in the day that he is "pain-free," and the timing of his return couldn't be better for the Steelers. Doug Legursky, who has filled in at center for Pouncey, is expected to miss Sunday's regular-season finale in Cleveland because of a shoulder injury.

Gilbert dealt with a different kind of pain last Saturday: watching most of the Steelers' 27-0 win over St. Louis after landing in coach Mike Tomlin's doghouse. Gilbert had missed a team meeting prior to the Rams' game, and Tomlin benched the rookie.

"I got the message," Gilbert said.

Gilbert said he will be back at right tackle after watching Jonathan Scott play there for most of the game last Saturday.

"It was the worst feeling ever," Gilbert said. "You're used to playing a game you love every week, and you screw up one week, and then you're sitting down, and you kind of feel like you let your teammates down."

Read more: Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_774094.html#ixzz1hx0IjXmD

--------------------------------------

If these guys can come back and stay healthy, and if Ben (if he plays, even partially, against the Browns) is relatively healthy, there's not much stopping us in the playoffs!

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back   Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:06 pm

I hope this was a valuable lesson for Gilbert. Don't take anything for granted, young man. In fact, look no further than Antonio Brown and see how a young player should be conducting himself and working to improve his game.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back   Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:17 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I hope this was a valuable lesson for Gilbert. Don't take anything for granted, young man. In fact, look no further than Antonio Brown and see how a young player should be conducting himself and working to improve his game.

Absofreakinlutely!!! Now get back to work and punch some holes for Mendy AND Redman & maybe even our newest hero. JOHN CLAY!!!! Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back 1647293567
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back   Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:20 pm

solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Absofreakinlutely!!! Now get back to work and punch some holes for Mendy AND Redman & maybe even our newest hero. JOHN CLAY!!!! Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back 1647293567

"Big" John Clay and Redman in the same backfield inside the 5 yard line, I can see it now.

Where's the beef? It'll be hitting you in a second. Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back 1549491426

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back   Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:23 pm

effyou515 wrote:
solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

"Big" John Clay and Redman in the same backfield inside the 5 yard line, I can see it now.

Where's the beef? It'll be hitting you in a second. Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back 1549491426

Sorry I forgot with Airans we be runnin' 5 wide inside the 5. Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back 2605341373

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back   Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 2:49 am

effyou515 wrote:
solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

AKA the thundering herd!!! Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back   Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:40 am

effyou515 wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Sorry I forgot with Airans we be runnin' 5 wide inside the 5. Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back 2605341373

For a minute there I thought you'd lost your mind. Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back   Steelers expect to get Pouncey, Gilbert back Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1