Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeEx-Raiders coach Jackson, Cardinals discuss QBs coach post Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ex-Raiders coach Jackson, Cardinals discuss QBs coach post

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Ex-Raiders coach Jackson, Cardinals discuss QBs coach post Empty
PostSubject: Ex-Raiders coach Jackson, Cardinals discuss QBs coach post   Ex-Raiders coach Jackson, Cardinals discuss QBs coach post EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:50 am

By Jason La Canfora NFL Network
NFL Network Insider
Published: Jan. 22, 2012 at 08:51 p.m. Updated: Jan. 22, 2012 at 11:38 p.m.

Former Oakland Raiders coach Hue Jackson is in conversations with the Arizona Cardinals about their vacant quarterbacks coach job, league sources said Sunday.

Former Kansas City Chiefs coach Todd Haley, who was the Cardinals' offensive coordinator in 2007 and 2008, was the first choice for the opening, but he and the team couldn't agree on the exact scope of the role. Haley now is exploring other options.

Jackson, who was fired by new Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie earlier this month, met with new St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher on Wednesday about the team's offensive coordinator job, a position that eventually went to former New York Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8263a387/article/exraiders-coach-jackson-cardinals-discuss-qbs-coach-post?module=HP11_headline_stack

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This article could effectively eliminate 2 of the candidates we've been discussing as a replacement for Arians. The damned Cardinals may scoop Jackson up and it sounds like Todd Haley wants too much control/power (big surprise Ex-Raiders coach Jackson, Cardinals discuss QBs coach post 2800024739 ). That's OK, in Haley's case. I think he and Ben probably wouldn't be able to coexist anyway. Ben already thinks he runs the offense and Haley is a hot-headed control freak. They would definitely butt heads.

I still think we need an OC that will rein Ben in and take control, but I feel Haley's style would be like night and day and too heavy handed for the delicate situation we could be in. We need someone who can come in and take control, while soothing Ben's sore ass over his friend's "retiring".

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Ex-Raiders coach Jackson, Cardinals discuss QBs coach post Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ex-Raiders coach Jackson, Cardinals discuss QBs coach post   Ex-Raiders coach Jackson, Cardinals discuss QBs coach post EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:56 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Haley is a hot-headed control freak.

And a sore loser

Ex-Raiders coach Jackson, Cardinals discuss QBs coach post Haley_mcdaniels

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles

Page 1 of 1