Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers LB coach to stay  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers LB coach to stay

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Steelers LB coach to stay  Empty
PostSubject: Steelers LB coach to stay    Steelers LB coach to stay  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:18 pm

Monday, January 30, 2012
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Linebackers coach Keith Butler has decided against interviewing for the defensive coordinator position with the Indianapolis Colts and will remain with the Steelers, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has learned.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12030/1207042-100.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1kziPgSni

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers LB coach to stay    Steelers LB coach to stay  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:22 pm

That was a much needed sigh of relief.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers LB coach to stay    Steelers LB coach to stay  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:36 pm

I think he knows this is coach lebeau's last season

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers LB coach to stay    Steelers LB coach to stay  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:37 pm

fer69 wrote:
I think he knows this is coach lebeau's last season

Last year?? That fossil will be around until hell freezes over Steelers LB coach to stay  1797695198

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers LB coach to stay    Steelers LB coach to stay  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:40 pm

By the way, just because he decided against going to Indianapolis for an interview doesn't mean he's here for good. His contract is still up if i'm not mistaken, and the Steelers will need to give him what he wants. He may have just decided the Colts wasn't a good enough job Steelers LB coach to stay  2087824411

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers LB coach to stay    Steelers LB coach to stay  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:00 pm

Maybe he just didn't wanna see Arians anymore Steelers LB coach to stay  1797695198

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers LB coach to stay    Steelers LB coach to stay  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:01 pm

fer69 wrote:
Maybe he just didn't wanna see Arians anymore Steelers LB coach to stay  1797695198

Steelers LB coach to stay  Bbbbbbb

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers LB coach to stay    Steelers LB coach to stay  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:05 pm

bayz101 wrote:
fer69 wrote:

Steelers LB coach to stay  Bbbbbbb

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steelers LB coach to stay  2583843358

DAMN YOU, BAGZ!!!! Steelers LB coach to stay  2625562446 Steelers LB coach to stay  1797695198

Seriously, the Butler news is good to hear. I was really worried we'd lose him. He's the future architect of our defense. Steelers LB coach to stay  1227708691 Steelers LB coach to stay  1227708691 Steelers LB coach to stay  1227708691 Steelers LB coach to stay  1227708691 Steelers LB coach to stay  1227708691

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers LB coach to stay    Steelers LB coach to stay  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Steelers LB coach to stay  Ariansthumbnail

UFUNNY

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers LB coach to stay    Steelers LB coach to stay  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:13 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Steelers LB coach to stay  Ariansthumbnail

UFUNNY

I see fired people. Steelers LB coach to stay  2583843358 Steelers LB coach to stay  1797695198

Steelers LB coach to stay  520147

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers LB coach to stay    Steelers LB coach to stay  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Steelers LB coach to stay  5KRTp

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers LB coach to stay    Steelers LB coach to stay  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:18 pm

I felt like doing a cartwheel when I heard this news last night. I'm assuming this means that LeBeau's day's are numbered.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: The Butler did it! The Steelers Keep a Good Guy.   Steelers LB coach to stay  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:17 pm

This just in: In a season in dire need of some good news, the Pittsburgh Steelers finally got some. Keith Butler, the Steelers linebackers coach has decided to remain with the team. Butler will keep his position coach title and unofficial heir apparent title as Defensive Coordinator in Waiting. Keith Butler’s contract had come to an end but negotiations were ongoing between the Steelers and his agent to retain his talents. Butler has signed a new contract and a measure of stability, a major one too, has returned. Good news for the Steelers, for things seemed to be getting weirder and more weirderer for the Black and Gold.
In a season marred by everything from unrest between labor and management, injury after injury, two losses to the Ravens (TCSFB), victories that felt kind of like losses, fines, suspensions, “retirements” that were mishandled, and a quarterback who may or may not have too much input in the play calling, and a hasty exit from the playoffs, it feels pretty good to have a solid guy like Keith Butler sticking around.

Keith Butler is a “stick around” kind of guy. He stuck around the Seattle Seahawks for ten seasons and still ranks second on the team in tackles. He has been coaching linebackers how to play professional tackle football since 1999. He was the only coach asked to stick around the Cleveland Browns when they cleaned the dog house in 2001. Butler came to the Steelers in 2003 and has been coaching the likes of Porter, Harrison, Farrior, Timmons, and Woodley ever since. He is a 3-4 defense type of fella too. That means no wacky looking defense from him when he does fully assume the reins of the most dominating damn defense ever designed. Dick Lebeau has been going year to year on his contracts for the past couple of seasons and with his successor locked up into the fold, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lebeau finally hang up the cleats. Congratulations to everybody involved in making this deal happen. Hey, is that Todd Haley’s Camaro in the Steelers parking lot? Let the weird begin again!!
Steelers LB coach to stay  Keith-10
This Butler will be serving you....PAIN! Courtesy of Steelers.com

http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/01/31/the-bulter-did-it-the-steelers-keep-a-good-guy/

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers LB coach to stay    Steelers LB coach to stay  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:34 pm

Since we already had a thread discussing the topic of the retention of Butler, I merged Fer's with that one.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers LB coach to stay    Steelers LB coach to stay  Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers LB coach to stay
Page 1 of 1