Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeReport: Steve Smith wants out Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Report: Steve Smith wants out

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Report: Steve Smith wants out Empty
PostSubject: Report: Steve Smith wants out   Report: Steve Smith wants out EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:32 pm

By Pat Yasinskas
ESPN.com
Archive
Sometime before the NFL lockout started in March, Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith cleaned out his locker at Bank of America Stadium, according to a report by Pro Football Weekly.

The report also says Smith, on the same day, took down all of the decorations in the luxury suite his family used on game days.

NFC South blog
ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas writes about all things NFC South in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

There has been speculation for months that the veteran wide receiver might want out as the Panthers continue with a youth movement and coach Ron Rivera takes over a team that was 2-14 last season.

Smith has been mum on the topic, but this could be a sign that he wants to be traded as soon as the league's labor situation is resolved enough to allow transactions.

The report also said Smith asked to be traded before the lockout began. Smith's Charlotte home has been on the market for more than a year, but he said last season that was because he was considering moving to another home in the area that would better accommodate his family.

The team has been deliberate when discussing Smith's future publicly. At the NFL owners meeting, Rivera said he had talked to Smith before the lockout and that the team would wait to see how things sorted out.

Privately, a team official said Smith was told in January that he should sit down and think about his future. The team official said Smith was told, if he wanted out, that the team would work with him. But the official also said it was made clear to Smith that the Panthers will not simply release him or "give him away."

Smith joined the Panthers in 2001 and has spent his entire career in Carolina. The team official said if Smith wanted out, the team would seek draft picks or players as compensation in trade scenarios.

Pat Yasinskas covers the NFC South for ESPN.com.

(Read More:) http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6431498

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steve Smith wants out   Report: Steve Smith wants out EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:45 pm

cool, now we have our first "would look good in black and gold" candidate Report: Steve Smith wants out 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steve Smith wants out   Report: Steve Smith wants out EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 5:01 pm

vasteeler wrote:
cool, now we have our first "would look good in black and gold" candidate Report: Steve Smith wants out 1797695198

It's only moments away..... Report: Steve Smith wants out 2981382511

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steve Smith wants out   Report: Steve Smith wants out EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:02 am

vasteeler wrote:
Report: Steve Smith wants out 1664291743

I've been waiting for someone to start a "Steelers should sign Steve Smith" thread. Report: Steve Smith wants out 3102619762

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steve Smith wants out   Report: Steve Smith wants out EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:23 am

Wallace108 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

I've been waiting for someone to start a "Steelers should sign Steve Smith" thread. Report: Steve Smith wants out 3102619762

Uh oh! I bet over at Steelers Fever someone has already announced Smith as a "must sign." I tell ya, you would think that some Steelers fans haven't been following this team for more than a month. We don't sign big name FAs....we just don't.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steve Smith wants out   Report: Steve Smith wants out EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:17 am

mcg24 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Uh oh! I bet over at Steelers Fever someone has already announced Smith as a "must sign." I tell ya, you would think that some Steelers fans haven't been following this team for more than a month. We don't sign big name FAs....we just don't.
I still find it hard to believe we made a trade for Bettis.

You're right ... free agency is like Christmas, and we don't celebrate it.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steve Smith wants out   Report: Steve Smith wants out EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:21 am

Does Steve Smith play defense?

I don't think we need him... we have 3 GREAT weapons in the passing game, and they all don't have the ego that they need the ball every single play.

Steve Smith is a gamer, that's for sure but I don't think he'd be a good fit in the Black and Gold.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steve Smith wants out   Report: Steve Smith wants out EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:24 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I don't think he'd be a good fit in the Black and Gold.[/font]
Dubs, I don 't think you understand the rules of this game ... of course he'd be a good fit for the Black and Gold. Everyone is. Report: Steve Smith wants out 1664291743

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steve Smith wants out   Report: Steve Smith wants out EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:29 am

Wallace108 wrote:
BGSU A Dub wrote:
I don't think he'd be a good fit in the Black and Gold.[/font]
Dubs, I don 't think you understand the rules of this game ... of course he'd be a good fit for the Black and Gold. Everyone is. Report: Steve Smith wants out 1664291743

What about Mitch Berger? Report: Steve Smith wants out 3562723908

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steve Smith wants out   Report: Steve Smith wants out Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: Steve Smith wants out
Page 1 of 1