Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward   Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:04 pm

March, 1, 2012
By Jamison Hensley

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is among the players who hated to hear that the team plans to release Hines Ward. He even called and left Ward a message to tell the franchise's leading receiver that he will miss him.

"Hines is Black and Gold," Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "Hines will always be a Steeler."

Roethlisberger's comments carry a lot of weight considering the two went through some rough patches. It was only two seasons ago when Ward expressed surprise on national television that Roethlisberger didn't play because of a concussion, saying the locker room was split 50-50 on whether he should suit up.

But Roethlisberger has obviously moved past that.

"He was Hines Ward, one of the best receivers in the game," Roethlisberger said. "I got a chance to be in the huddle with him and Jerome Bettis. He made me better. It didn't matter if I threw a good ball or a bad ball, 99 percent of the time he'd catch it, whether it was with one hand, off a helmet, or off a defender. He made me a much better quarterback and player. That's why I wanted to call him and thank him. If I see him I'll tell him."

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/43343/roethlisberger-steelers-pay-tribute-to-ward

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know I've given Ben some hell recently for his delay in meeting with Haley and his comments about the Arians situation, but this is a classy move and what a leader should be doing. Paying respect to an all-time Steeler great and teammate that he had some rough patches with. It shows maturity and humbleness and is very welcome to see. Props to Big Ben for this showing of love for the best WR this team has ever known.

Ward deserves every kind word said in honor of him by fans, teammates, coaches, and organizational heads that are starting to pour in from all sides. He was a class act and the very definition of the word "Steeler".

Back to top Go down
CapLovesTroyP43

CapLovesTroyP43

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward   Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:35 pm

Nice article. It's great to see Ben so grounded again. THAT'S the Ben we know and love!

I was listening to Colin Cowherd today on "The Herd" and he was going on and on about us Steeler fans being outraged that they let Hines go. WTF does he expect????

Hines was only one of the greatest players EVER on our team. He's (Colin) obviously NOT a member of the Steeler Nation because if the idiot was, he would understand.

To Hines, I say, thank you so much for all you did for this team. YOU ARE the Steelers. We love you, we thank you for your awesome accomplishments off the field and on it. We thank you for your big heart reaching out to those who needed you the most. We thank you for being one of our ALL TIME best players. Your truest fans will never forget you, they will miss you like crazy but this fan will put it in writing that I will FOREVER hold you close to my heart. Thank you Hines for touching my life the way you did in a Steeler Jersey.

P.S. Hines one last favor...PLEASE do NOT become a Stain or a Shitbird. That's all I ask!!!!!! Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward 1645253483

"WE WILL NOT GO GENTLY. WE WILL UNLEASH HELL" MIKE TOMLIN

Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward 2480670802 Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward 2287965686 Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward 1948569602

FREEDOM...NOT COMMUNISM!!!! :old glory: :old glory: :old glory:

"AND OUR QB WEARS THE NUMBER SEVEN" RICH BANKS

CAP'S FAVORITE ICON... Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward 1645253483 Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward 1645253483 Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward 1645253483
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward   Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:33 am

CapLovesTroyP43 wrote:
Nice article. It's great to see Ben so grounded again. THAT'S the Ben we know and love!

I was listening to Colin Cowherd today on "The Herd" and he was going on and on about us Steeler fans being outraged that they let Hines go. WTF does he expect????

Hines was only one of the greatest players EVER on our team. He's (Colin) obviously NOT a member of the Steeler Nation because if the idiot was, he would understand.

To Hines, I say, thank you so much for all you did for this team. YOU ARE the Steelers. We love you, we thank you for your awesome accomplishments off the field and on it. We thank you for your big heart reaching out to those who needed you the most. We thank you for being one of our ALL TIME best players. Your truest fans will never forget you, they will miss you like crazy but this fan will put it in writing that I will FOREVER hold you close to my heart. Thank you Hines for touching my life the way you did in a Steeler Jersey.

P.S. Hines one last favor...PLEASE do NOT become a Stain or a Shitbird. That's all I ask!!!!!! Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward 1645253483

Douche bag + lead paint + severe head injury x 2 = Colin Cowherd

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward   Roethlisberger, Steelers pay tribute to Ward Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1