Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDraft offers Steelers options to shore offensive line Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Draft offers Steelers options to shore offensive line

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Draft offers Steelers options to shore offensive line Empty
PostSubject: Draft offers Steelers options to shore offensive line   Draft offers Steelers options to shore offensive line EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:26 am

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, March 18, 2012

A sense of obligation drives Willie Colon, as the Steelers right tackle again works his way back from injury.

"In my heart of hearts, I feel like I'm in debt to my two coaches, (Mike) Tomlin and (offensive line coach Sean) Kugler, and I feel like I'm in debt to this team," said Colon, who missed last season after tearing his triceps in the first game and sat out 2010 because of a ruptured Achilles.

"My mindset right now is just getting back out on that field and trying to be a cowbell for that line and get things rolling."

The larger question for the Steelers -- even if Colon returns better than ever -- is how much they will address a perceived deficit on their offensive line.

Free agency started last week, but the Steelers, per their history and salary cap restrictions, are not expected to be players.

The draft in late April offers a more realistic option to upgrade a line that is often blamed when the offense sputters.

It also may be appealing for other reasons: The 2012 class is considered deep and talented at guard, and the Steelers' interior-line needs may only be rivaled by those at inside linebacker.

The team's top two guards in 2011 were undrafted free agents Ramon Foster and Doug Legursky, and the latter's best position may be center. The team recently released Chris Kemoeatu, who started 47 games at left guard.

Read more: Draft offers Steelers options to shore offensive line - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_787130.html#ixzz1pTF6Yq8F

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Draft offers Steelers options to shore offensive line Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft offers Steelers options to shore offensive line   Draft offers Steelers options to shore offensive line EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:53 pm

More than anything, the Steelers have to get 5 guys that can line up week after week. I know injuries have been an issue, but it seems there are only 1 or 2 guys that play a majority of the season in one position.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1