Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCotchery a Steeler (for two more years) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)

Go down 
+7
Bays
Wallace108
TRH
fer69
solardave
vasteeler
stlrtruck
11 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) Empty
PostSubject: Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)   Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 3:50 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/11/cotchery-stays-with-the-steelers/
Quote :

Veteran receiver Jerricho Cotchery, who slid into Hines Ward’s role in Pittsburgh last year, could be filling those duties again. Especially since Ward is gone, and now Cotchery is back.

Well there's some good news coming in the form of a WR.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)   Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 3:52 pm

good news indeed Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) 1647293567

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)   Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:01 pm

Outstanding. If we lose Wallace at least we have Brown, Sanders and Cotchery. The fact that it appears everyone is shying away from Wallace (at least I haven't heard of ANY interest) could mean we can sign him. Calling all cap gurus. Who else can we restructure?
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)   Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:09 pm

solardave wrote:
Outstanding. If we lose Wallace at least we have Brown, Sanders and Cotchery. The fact that it appears everyone is shying away from Wallace (at least I haven't heard of ANY interest) could mean we can sign him. Calling all cap gurus. Who else can we restructure?

Wallace has already been tendered. He just needs to sign it. We'll see what happens, but he hasn't proved (at least to me) that he's worth big time money. Brown has shown more value in regards to overall positioning in that category.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)   Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:10 pm

i actually want Wallace to sign with another team( i know call me crazy)
i honestly think another first round pick would help us more than him (specially after signing Cotch)
if we coul get Mark Barron( i don't think he'll be there at 24 tho) and Dont'a Hightower that would be A hell of a first round draft IMO

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
TRH
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)   Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Apparently, Adam Schefter, who is usually pretty accurate, is saying that Wallace has no intention of signing the Steelers tender.

The Crotchery signing is fantastic....and bad news for Wallace and his agent.
Look for the Steelers to play hardball on a holdout. They're not going to mortgage the entire team, city and galaxy for Wallace.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)   Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:54 pm

TRH wrote:
Apparently, Adam Schefter, who is usually pretty accurate, is saying that Wallace has no intention of signing the Steelers tender.

Look for the Steelers to play hardball on a holdout. They're not going to mortgage the entire team, city and galaxy for Wallace.
That's pretty much how I see it. Although I still think that Wallace likely will sign the tender. There's nothing for him to gain by holding out. By signing Cotchery, the Steelers are set at receiver and won't feel pressured to sign him. The Steelers' stance will be: "Hey, you can play and prove to other teams that you're worth the money you want. Or you can sit out, and the last impression teams have of you is the collapse you had in the second half of last season and your disappearing act in the playoffs. Now if you'll excuse us, we've got a Super Bowl season to prepare for."

I'm ecstatic that they re-signed Cotchery. Entering the offseason, I didn't think there would be any way he'd be back.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)   Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:45 pm

Excellent!

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)   Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) Applause

good call front office, let him look at his options with other teams and them sign him to a two year deal.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)   Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 12:43 pm

TRH wrote:

They'd be crazy to do that, especially since the entire NFL has shown no interest in his high price. Charlie Casserly said something interesting yesterday. The GMs,Coaches etc. not only draft for talent but for potential. When it comes to free agents it's no longer a matter of potential it's about TALENT, and so far he hasn't proved he deserves big money talent wise.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)   Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Awesome news! I'm jacked that Cotchery is not only signed, but he's signed for 2 years. Now we won't need to sweat as much if Wallace or Brown bolts for more cash. If we can manage to keep Brown after next year, I'll be a happy man. Wallace can go if he wants bank-breaking money. He's just not worth that... at least not thus far.

I don't see us keeping both Wallace and Brown no matter how you slice it unless we mortgage the team's future Super Bowl aspirations in the process by crippling themselves from signing other needed pieces due to the amount we would have to pay them. I'm kind of nearly on board with Fer at this point that I'd like to see another team sign Wallace away this year now so we can get that additional 1st rounder. At least that way, we get something for him leaving. It would just be a year sooner.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)   Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:08 pm

The re-signing of Cotchery is the best news I've heard all year.

Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Grid71
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)   Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Glad to see he will be back for a couple more seasons. He's an excellent compiment to the speedy young guys.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)   Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Grid71 wrote:
Glad to see he will be back for a couple more seasons. He's an excellent compiment to the speedy young guys.
Agreed.
And it's good to see you posting, Grid. Make yourself at home, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) 230572241

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)   Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Grid71 wrote:

Welcome, Grid. As Wally said, make yourself at home and post away. It's nice to see some new faces. Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) 230572241

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)   Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years) Empty

Back to top Go down

Cotchery a Steeler (for two more years)
Page 1 of 1