Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers consider Dontari Poe as Casey Hampton’s heir apparent Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers consider Dontari Poe as Casey Hampton’s heir apparent

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers consider Dontari Poe as Casey Hampton’s heir apparent Empty
PostSubject: Steelers consider Dontari Poe as Casey Hampton’s heir apparent   Steelers consider Dontari Poe as Casey Hampton’s heir apparent EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 19, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT

After Memphis defensive tackle Dontari Poe’s stunning performance at the Scouting Combine, there was talk that he could be a Top 5 pick. Then everyone remembered that football isn’t played in shorts and a T-shirt, and that defensive tackles aren’t asked to run 40 yards in a straight line, jump as far as they can or lift 225 pounds straight above their bodies, and Poe has settled in as a prospect who looks like he’ll go somewhere in the middle or late first round. And maybe as far down as No. 24, to the Steelers.

Poe visited the Steelers on Wednesday, and he’s being discussed in Pittsburgh as a potential replacement to their longtime starting nose tackle, Casey Hampton.

Although Hampton remained with the Steelers after he agreed to restructure his contract and clear more than $3 million in cap space, he doesn’t have much time left in Pittsburgh. Hampton is 34 years old and probably won’t be ready to start the season after undergoing ACL surgery.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/19/steelers-consider-dontari-poe-as-casey-hamptons-heir-apparent/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Smells like smokescreen Steelers consider Dontari Poe as Casey Hampton’s heir apparent 3918737645 to me. The Steelers are usually pretty good at concealing their real draft targets and like to engage in trickery and misdirection in that area. I look at this article and it screams to me "the Steelers WILL NOT draft Dontari Poe!".

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1