Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeEd Bouchette's Steelers chat transcript: 5.22.12 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat transcript: 5.22.12

Go down 
AuthorMessage
vasteeler

vasteeler

Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat transcript: 5.22.12 Empty
PostSubject: Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat transcript: 5.22.12   Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat transcript: 5.22.12 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:30 pm

TUESDAY, 22 MAY 2012 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Ed Bouchette: Good afternoon, Live, from OTAs, let's begin.

Ryan W: Ed thanks for your time, Do you know if players such as DeCastro and Adams are allowed to workout privately with a coach they hire since they're not allowed to attend OTA's?

Ed Bouchette: Of course. Many have been working out with such conditioning coaches since the end of last season.

SteelersfanSLC: Ed, This year we have CB, RB, DL and OL with changes & battles for starting jobs. Can you remember the last time there was as many positional battles/changes for the Steelers?

Ed Bouchette: Sometimes, that's not a good thing. There have been many "openings" in the offensive line for several years. Wide receiver too. On defense, not so many.

Guest: Decastro will obviously start. But do you think the Steelers would take a chance with two rookie starting o-linemen if Adams is the best in camp?

Ed Bouchette: Have you seen their line play the last couple of years. I would say that is a small-risk chance they would be taking.

Guest: Any progress in getting the last two picks signed?

Ed Bouchette: I would not worry one little bit about either of those players signing.

Ed Bouchette: Sean Spence, by the way, practiced even though he has not yet signed his rookie contract.

JamesinNYC: Is Adams right or left tackle when he gets to practice? Wallace hurts or helps himself by not attending OTA? Doesn't matter to me for what it is worth.

Ed Bouchette: Adams will be at left tackle, Marcus Gilbert stays on the right. Wallace probably is neither helping nor hurting himself -- and I mean the latter literally, he cannot get hurt in OTAs.

READ MORE: http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...anscript-52212

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1