Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHometown rookies are living the dream Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Hometown rookies are living the dream

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Hometown rookies are living the dream Empty
PostSubject: Hometown rookies are living the dream   Hometown rookies are living the dream EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:17 am

Teresa Varley - Steelers.com

It’s not unusual to hear people who have grown up in Pittsburgh talk about how they dreamt about playing for the Steelers when they were kids. They love to reminisce about wearing their Steelers jerseys in the backyard, catching passes as if they were Lynn Swann or Hines Ward, tackling their friends the same way Jack Lambert or James Harrison would.

They have dreamt about putting on a Steelers uniform, running out of the tunnel at either Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field with the Terrible Towels twirling and the crowd screaming.

For most it’s just that - a dream. It hasn’t gone any further than the backyard fun, the neighborhood bragging rights.

But for three Steelers rookies, the dream is becoming a reality.

Wide receivers Toney Clemons and Connor Dixon and linebacker Brandon Lindsey are living their dream, the same dream so many of their friends had, playing for the hometown Steelers.

“I did dream about this,” said Dixon, who played at Duquesne University and attended South Park High School in the Pittsburgh suburbs. “I think a lot of people did, but it’s just not a reality. I didn’t think it would be happening to me.

“It’s great. It’s hard to describe. There is nothing better. I was the biggest fan growing up. I really liked everybody. I liked Kordell Stewart because I played quarterback. I liked Neil O’Donnell. I was also a big Jerome Bettis fan, I liked the Bus.”

READ MORE: http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Hometown-rookies-are-living-the-dream/fa8a23e9-6da1-4a29-80d1-6427e7c6fbcf
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can't forget about Mike Adams. Although not from Pittsburgh, he's from Farrell, Pa., and was a Steelers fan growing up.

Quote :
"I love this organization and I’m glad to be a part of it. Ever since I imagined playing in the NFL, the Steelers are the team I wanted. I grew up in Farrell, Pa, and when I was 4 years old my entire bedroom was Pittsburgh Steelers stuff."

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/

Hometown rookies are living the dream
Page 1 of 1