Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home"Monsters" Review (by mcg24) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

"Monsters" Review (by mcg24)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mcg24

mcg24

"Monsters" Review (by mcg24) Empty
PostSubject: "Monsters" Review (by mcg24)   "Monsters" Review (by mcg24) EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Hey guys, for those of you that don't know, I've created a blog where I'm doing reviews of all the films I see. The latest movie I've reviewed is the 2010 film "Monsters." For those of you who want to get a chance to see it, it's on Netflix Instant Streaming if you're a customer. Anyway, here's the first couple paragraphs from my review, check out the full review on my blog!!!! Thanks guys. Oh, and if you've seen, of course let me know your thoughts!!!

Quote :
In the 2010 film Monsters, a piece of NASA equipment has crash landed in Mexico. Shortly after this occurs, the American and Mexican governments soon begin to realize there is a slight problem. Aliens are spreading throughout the region. An area is quarantined, known only as the "Infected Zone." The only way to get from Mexico to the U.S. is by ferry around the Infected Zone, or by being guided through the Infected Zone by foot. This is where our characters come in. Andrew, a photo journalist, and Samantha, the woman Andrew is called upon to protect, are in Mexico but need to get to the United States. After Andrew is robbed....or loses Sam's ferry ticket, we never really know which one it is, they are forced to journey through the Infected Zone to find their way home...

I guess I didn't really buy Monsters. It is a very low budget science fiction film, and compared to other low budget Sci-Fi films, it does magnificently well. As a whole however, I felt it had a few too many downfalls. It was clear to me that Monsters borrows a little bit too heavily on its science fiction predecessors. We see numerous connections to recent films like Cloverfield and District 9, and while the film does have some instances of originality, those scenes are few and far between.

Find the rest at http://frozenshackfilmreviews.blogspot.com/2011/05/monsters-2010-582011.html

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: "Monsters" Review (by mcg24)   "Monsters" Review (by mcg24) EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:50 pm

Great job, McFly. "Monsters" Review (by mcg24) 184121345

I think I'll stay away from Monsters.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: "Monsters" Review (by mcg24)   "Monsters" Review (by mcg24) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:18 am

Wallace108 wrote:

Thank you sir, and good choice. Check out Cloverfield or District 9 for a better experience.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: "Monsters" Review (by mcg24)   "Monsters" Review (by mcg24) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:21 am

mcg24 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Thank you sir, and good choice. Check out Cloverfield or District 9 for a better experience.
I haven't seen either. But I want to watch Cloverfield. I like J.J. Abrams.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: "Monsters" Review (by mcg24)   "Monsters" Review (by mcg24) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:34 am

Is Cloverfield the one about the wind? Cos that movie is stupid as hell.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: "Monsters" Review (by mcg24)   "Monsters" Review (by mcg24) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:59 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Is Cloverfield the one about the wind? Cos that movie is stupid as hell.

I believe you're thinking about The Happening by M. Night Shyamalan, which indeed was stupid as hell. It was actually plants that were making people kill themselves.

District 9 was probably one of the best sci-fi movies in a long time.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: "Monsters" Review (by mcg24)   "Monsters" Review (by mcg24) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:01 am

And as I said before, for a movie titled Monsters there sure was a lack of them.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: "Monsters" Review (by mcg24)   "Monsters" Review (by mcg24) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:35 pm

JonM229 wrote:
And as I said before, for a movie titled Monsters there sure was a lack of them.

You're correct, you didn't really see much. I would tend to think that this was due to the small budget. Think about the film Alien, you really didn't see an actual Alien until what, maybe even an hour into the film? And then you saw very little of them after that, but in Alien it worked...in Monsters it didn't.

And yes, District 9 was absolutely fantastic. I've seen it 3 or 4 times now.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: "Monsters" Review (by mcg24)   "Monsters" Review (by mcg24) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:17 am

i think my wife and saw about 20 minutes of that movie and turned it off

great write up though "Monsters" Review (by mcg24) 184121345
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Monsters" Review (by mcg24)   "Monsters" Review (by mcg24) Empty

Back to top Go down

"Monsters" Review (by mcg24)
Page 1 of 1