Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSons of Anarchy Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Sons of Anarchy

Go down 
+7
Bays
Kornbread
Farrior_roirraW
jjmjmay
SteelCityMom
Buddha Bus
JonM229
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JonM229

JonM229

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:39 pm

I just watched the first two seasons of Sons of Anarchy on Netflix instant (only took my four days.) I could watch anything with Ron Perlman, but this show is seriously awesome.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:43 pm

JonM229 wrote:
I just watched the first two seasons of Sons of Anarchy on Netflix instant (only took my four days.) I could watch anything with Ron Perlman, but this show is seriously awesome.

"Sons..." kicks MAJOR ass! I love that show! I can't wait till season three. Sons of Anarchy 59467727

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:45 pm

We just started watching it on Netflix yesterday! Have only gotten through two episodes so far...but I'm loving it!

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:18 am

SteelCityMom wrote:
We just started watching it on Netflix yesterday! Have only gotten through two episodes so far...but I'm loving it!

It definitely rocks, SCM! Stick with it! Sons of Anarchy 184121345

Back to top Go down
jjmjmay

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyWed May 25, 2011 8:46 am

I need to check this one out. I've never seen it but have been interested.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:08 pm

jjmjmay wrote:
I need to check this one out. I've never seen it but have been interested.

You won't be disappointed, jj. This show kicks mucho asso! Sons of Anarchy 184121345

Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:54 pm

Can't wait for the season 4 premiere this show kicks some major ass.

There are a lot of great moments but when ever I think of Stephen King's cameo I chuckle no matter what. Sons of Anarchy 1797695198

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 10:57 am

Cool Show!

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 3:37 pm

Where the fuck is Jon?

Kornbread

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 12:19 am

They killed Opie off?! Are they kidding? Dang...and I swear.....his death scene was shock imagery. Just about tttooooooo graphic for me. I understand it has a "warning" notice but I think they can clean it up a little.

Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:32 pm

http://gma.yahoo.com/sons-anarchy-actor-johnny-lewis-found-dead-111527717--abc-news-celebrities.html

A young actor best known for a role on the hit motorcycle club series "Sons of Anarchy" has been found dead outside a Los Angeles home along with an elderly woman.

The L.A. coroner's office has identified the male found by police outside a home in the Los Feliz neighborhood on Wednesday as Jonathan Kendrick Lewis, 28, also known as Johnny Lewis. Officers responding to a report of a screaming woman came upon Lewis' body outside of the home on the driveway, while the body of the woman who was in her 70s was found inside the residence.

"He appeared to have died from some type of fall, either from the stairway, or from the balcony, or from one of the roofs," LAPD Commander Andrew Smith told ABC News affiliate KABC.

"The best we're piecing together now is that it appears that some type of altercation occurred inside of the house resulting in the death of the woman. Then this individual ran outside, had an altercation with a couple of neighbors, ran back into the house and by the time we got here, he had fallen or had somehow died on the driveway," said Smith.

Lewis is considered a suspect in the homicide investigation, KABC reported. A neighbor and a handyman were badly beaten in a confrontation they had with the suspect.

The cause of death of the woman, who was in her 70s, has not yet been released, but Smith said that she had suffered major trauma. Smith said that though it is possible that Lewis was renting one of the rooms in the residence, police are still unsure, calling it "very preliminary."

Greg Sarian, a neighbor of the residence owned by the woman, said that she rented out rooms to boarders. He said that he became alarmed when he heard screams Wednesday morning.

"'Help, help,' from both sides, man and woman," Sarian said. "I was praying to God. 'God,' I said, 'Clean up this mess here, because this is evil place.' Evil place. All kind of people, by the way, coming, different people, coming, going couple of days, disappearing, coming, other people."

Lewis, who began acting in his teenage years, worked steadily in television in roles on "Boston Public," "American Dreams" and "The O.C." His career picked up steam when he landed the role of Kip 'Half Sack' Epps on two seasons of "Sons of Anarchy" and appeared alongside Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart in "The Runaways" in 2010.

Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Wow.

That's all I got.

Kornbread

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Last episode was different...Tara in a cat fight...Opie laid to rest.....Jax laid his bike over.....a Latino gang member wants the death of a blonde prostitute and for proof of her death requested one of her breast and a thumb.....Crazy Show!

Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 11:34 pm

Just started watching SoA last week, and I'm already halfway through season 3. Fantastic show. If anyone hasn't checked it out yet, do it.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 2:01 am

Just started watching season 6 tonight. Seriously ... no one is currently watching this show?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
darbs89
Xtreme Newb

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Anyone watching Sons of Anarchy? SPOILER if you haven't seen season 6 yet!   Sons of Anarchy EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Season 6 ended in one of the most stunning ways... Anyone have any thoughts on what's next?

Where is Jax going from here? What can be the next plot line? Back to the Irish? I hope not that story was getting stale anyway and they seemed to end it with some finality this season. Jemma would seem to be the next to meet a violent end but will that run the course of the next season? I hope they sew up the Jemma & Tara drama and move into the end of Jax as Pres. He's followed the classic hero loop, ending up being what he so hated and now it seems he can only get worse. Ideally for me season 7 ends with Jax stepping down as Pres to save his sons from the Sons... That is if they plan on ending it which I hope they do.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 5:46 pm

darbs89 wrote:
Season 6 ended in one of the most stunning ways... Anyone have any thoughts on what's next?

Where is Jax going from here? What can be the next plot line? Back to the Irish? I hope not that story was getting stale anyway and they seemed to end it with some finality this season. Jemma would seem to be the next to meet a violent end but will that run the course of the next season? I hope they sew up the Jemma & Tara drama and move into the end of Jax as Pres. He's followed the classic hero loop, ending up being what he so hated and now it seems he can only get worse. Ideally for me season 7 ends with Jax stepping down as Pres to save his sons from the Sons... That is if they plan on ending it which I hope they do.
Well, I've finally caught up. Incredible finale, and I can't wait until season 7.

Heading into the seventh and presumably final season, I suspect it'll start off with Jax being suspected of the murders. Well, probably not Tara's, but possibly Eli's. With Tara dead, Patterson loses all of her previous leverage over Jax, so it'll be interesting to see if she pursues murder charges against him. I think the season will center on a winner-takes-all war, with SAMCRO and August Marks on one side, and the Mayans and Chinese on the other. As one character (I can't remember who) hinted at in one of the last episodes of season 6 ... black and white vs. brown and yellow. I have no clue how big of a role the Irish will play.

There's no way of knowing how it will all play out, but here's my thoughts as of now:

*The show is loosely based on Hamlet, so that tells me that almost everyone will die and it's not going to end well. I'll be really surprised if there's a happy ending. Actually, there might be somewhat of a happy ending for Abel and Thomas and whoever survives to remove them from that life. But for everyone else, I suspect it'll be death and destruction.
*Gemma and Juice will both die, probably at the hands of Jax.
*Jax will be killed by someone he trusts, possibly Bobby or Chibs.

If this show ends like I think it will (death and destruction), the best candidates to be left standing are Bobby, Chibs, or Nero ... along with Abel and Thomas.

There's a chance that it takes a different route, and Jax survives and gets away with Abel and Thomas. But much like Walt in Breaking Bad, I think Jax has to die.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 4:05 pm

So, am I the only one currently watching SOA?

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 12:57 am

One more episode left. Is NO ONE else watching? Sons of Anarchy 1645253483

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:10 pm

Apparently so! I've seen bits and pieces of it a few seasons ago but it's been hard to keep up on it. Maybe when the complete season is out on Netflicks I might use a friend's login to watch it.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Sons of Anarchy 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 11:42 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Apparently so!  I've seen bits and pieces of it a few seasons ago but it's been hard to keep up on it.  Maybe when the complete season is out on Netflicks I might use a friend's login to watch it.

The first six seasons are on Netflix. Season 7 is still airing, so it'll be a while before it's on Netflix.

I've been trying to get some friends and co-workers to watch Vikings. I describe it to them as Sons of Anarchy but with boats instead of motorcycles. The two shows are similar in a lot of ways.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 6:31 am

I've wanted to watch but just never got too interested. But now I'm curious to know how the show goes. So I may use Netflix to watch

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Sons of Anarchy 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 11:15 am

stlrtruck wrote:
I've wanted to watch but just never got too interested.  But now I'm curious to know how the show goes.  So I may use Netflix to watch

Here's a trailer. It doesn't give you the full sense of the true awesomeness of the show, but it's the best I could find with a quick search. I'm going to watch the entire series again. I've never done that with any other show.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 11:58 am

Cripes...sorry I missed this thread Wally. I'm all ears on your thoughts about the finale. Should we announce spoiler alert for those who want to see the series??

Wallace108

Wallace108

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 12:46 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Cripes...sorry I missed this thread Wally.  I'm all ears on your thoughts about the finale.  Should we announce spoiler alert for those who want to see the series??

Over the years, "spoilers" have become an interesting topic with more and more people watching shows long after they've aired. Technically, it's not a spoiler if something has already aired. But then you'll have people who just start watching and want to discuss it, so anything beyond where they're at is a spoiler to them. It's a tricky thing to handle on a forum. Some forums are anal about not starting a new thread when the topic already exists, but I think it would be better for someone just starting the show to start their own thread to discuss it so they can avoid the "spoilers" being discussed from later seasons. I'll put it on the list to create a Sticky thread addressing this issue. But for now, anyone coming into this thread has to assume we're talking about the ending.

Regarding the ending ...

I read a few things online after the finale dealing with the religious symbolism, but I've tried to avoid it as much as possible so I could come up with more of my own thoughts.

The religious symbolism in the finale was obvious, although I'm still not sure about what it meant. There were several Jesus references (the wine and bread next to the homeless woman, the bread on the road with Jax's blood flowing by it, Jax sacrificing himself to forgive the sins of the club, the truck driver yelling "Jesus" when he sees Jax). What connection are we supposed to make? Jax certainly wasn't anything like Jesus. Was Sutter just having some fun and there really wasn't any real meaning behind it? Jax has always been an antihero, a good person doing bad things but for good reasons. So the conclusion I've come to is that he was something of an anti-Jesus. Not antichrist (which would be someone evil), but an anti-Jesus in the way we think of an antihero.

The bigger questions surround the homeless woman. I saw some interesting theories about her, but the one that makes the most sense is that she was a ghost.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sons of Anarchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Anarchy   Sons of Anarchy Empty

Back to top Go down

Sons of Anarchy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next