Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeKapinos ready to take over as punter Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Kapinos ready to take over as punter

Go down 
+5
SteelersYak
stlrtruck
solardave
Buddha Bus
Wallace108
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Kapinos ready to take over as punter Empty
PostSubject: Kapinos ready to take over as punter   Kapinos ready to take over as punter EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 10:33 pm

By Ralph N. Paulk

Steelers punter Jeremy Kapinos lost a split decision last preseason to Daniel Sepulveda, who earned the punting job after a close battle.

This time, however, with Sepulveda a free agent, Kapinos began minicamp as the favorite to win the starting job.

“I got a lot of last year’s competition with Dan,” said Kapinos, who returned to the Steelers late last season after Sepulveda went down with a knee injury in November. “Every practice you had to bring it against Dan. I hope he felt the same way about me. I had to bring my A-game every day, and it pushed me to new heights. We both bettered ourselves last year.”

Kapinos couldn’t land a job despite a solid preseason. General manager Kevin Colbert vouched for him with Cleveland and Detroit, but those teams pulled back.

“I worked out for Detroit, then the Lions signed a punter a week later,” Kapinos said. “You never know in this business.

“It seems when the Steelers get out of work, nobody wants to pick them up. I think they do such a good job of talent evaluation here that teams figure if you’re not good enough for the Steelers, then you can’t make it there.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/1977511-85/kapinos-steelers-blue-shoulder-batch-jersey-job-legursky-minicamp-practice?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Kapinos ready to take over as punter   Kapinos ready to take over as punter EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 7:51 am

I'm completely comfortable with Kapinos as our punter. He's done a solid job filling in for Sepulveda when he was injured and we're lucky to still have him.

As long as we aren't bringing back Mitch Berger, I won't be slitting my wrists over this. Kapinos ready to take over as punter 3798349058

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Kapinos ready to take over as punter   Kapinos ready to take over as punter EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 5:02 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
I'm completely comfortable with Kapinos as our punter. He's done a solid job filling in for Sepulveda when he was injured and we're lucky to still have him.

As long as we aren't bringing back Mitch Berger, I won't be slitting my wrists over this. Kapinos ready to take over as punter 3798349058

I can't help thinking about the punt against San Diego that was short and bounced off of Weddle's head then we recovered it. Man that Berger, what a punter!! Kapinos ready to take over as punter 1549491426
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Kapinos ready to take over as punter   Kapinos ready to take over as punter EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:03 pm

I just want a punter who understands the term and knows how to perform the technique...

wait for it...

wait for it...

COFFIN KICK Kapinos ready to take over as punter 1372836603

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Kapinos ready to take over as punter 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Kapinos ready to take over as punter   Kapinos ready to take over as punter EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:52 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I just want a punter who understands the term and knows how to perform the technique...

wait for it...

wait for it...

COFFIN KICK Kapinos ready to take over as punter 1372836603
That was always my biggest complaint against Sepulveda ... if he was punting anywhere near the 50, you KNEW is was going into the endzone. He was horrible at angling punts. I'm not even sure he tried. I think he just booted it as hard as he could regardless of where he was punting from.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Kapinos ready to take over as punter   Kapinos ready to take over as punter EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:18 am

We don't need a huge legged punter to out kick the coverage.... because that's when teams get into trouble. I think the best punters get solid yardage but kick it out of bounds. Punters don't win the game... but they certainly can lose it.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Kapinos ready to take over as punter   Kapinos ready to take over as punter EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 6:32 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
We don't need a huge legged punter to out kick the coverage.... because that's when teams get into trouble. I think the best punters get solid yardage but kick it out of bounds. Punters don't win the game... but they certainly can lose it.

Ask the Giants!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Kapinos ready to take over as punter 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Kapinos ready to take over as punter   Kapinos ready to take over as punter EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:12 am

from what ive seen kapinos is better than sepulveda anyway Kapinos ready to take over as punter 2087824411

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Kapinos ready to take over as punter   Kapinos ready to take over as punter EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:44 am

vasteeler wrote:
from what ive seen kapinos is better than sepulveda anyway Kapinos ready to take over as punter 2087824411
Yeah, Sep never lived up to the hype, even when he wasn't injured.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Kapinos ready to take over as punter   Kapinos ready to take over as punter EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:51 am

We need to get that Giants punter. He damn near won the Super Bowl by himself with his amazing accuracy. Damn kid was excited as hell, and he deserved to be.

On topic: I'm comfortable with Kapinos as our guy. He's just as good as Sep was.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Kapinos ready to take over as punter   Kapinos ready to take over as punter EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:39 pm

Do we have another punter besides him?

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Kapinos ready to take over as punter   Kapinos ready to take over as punter EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:55 pm

fer69 wrote:
Do we have another punter besides him?
We signed Drew Butler, son of former Bears kicker Kevin Butler.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Kapinos ready to take over as punter   Kapinos ready to take over as punter EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 7:10 am

A good punter who doesn't count to much against the salary cap.

I like Kapinos as the Steelers punter.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Kapinos ready to take over as punter   Kapinos ready to take over as punter EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:33 am

effyou515 wrote:

A good punter who doesn't count to much against the salary cap.

I like Kapinos as the Steelers punter.

Wonder how that cap is doing? Haven't thought about it to much.

PostSubject: Re: Kapinos ready to take over as punter   Kapinos ready to take over as punter Empty

Back to top Go down

Kapinos ready to take over as punter
Page 1 of 1