Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAll eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter

Go down 
+4
solardave
stlrtruck
SteelersYak
Wallace108
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter Empty
PostSubject: All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter   All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Posted by Darin Gantt

When the Steelers open training camp Wednesday, they’ll debut a new offense for Ben Roethlisberger, but the fresh start for offensive coordinator Todd Haley is as significant.

The Steelers stepped out of their conventional, traditional box to hire Haley, a move that has caught the attention of players. Roethlisberger referred to minicamp as a Rosetta Stone class in a new language, and teaching that is Haley’s priority.

“That [change] has a way of keeping guys on their toes and keeping their focus, understanding what their goal is, and that’s to win Super Bowls,” Haley said. “Win one this year — that’s our goal.”

Of course, Haley’s personal goal is getting his career back on track, after a tumultuous run in Kansas City, which ended with reports that he suspected the Chiefs of bugging his office and cell phone.

In an excellent story by Alan Robinson of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, figures from Haley’s past talk about how important this chapter is for the one-time rising star of the coaching business.

READ MORE: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/22/all-eyes-on-todd-haley-as-he-starts-his-pittsburgh-chapter/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter   All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:07 am

I'm incredibly optimistic about the job this guy can do. Let's see if him and Ben can get this offense running.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter   All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:41 am

I believe Haley is going to be more under the microscope with his new offense than Arians was with his coming in

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter   All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:39 am

The first few games, he will get a break because he's new and Steelers fans will say "at least he's not Arians". After that, he's going to have to face the music (good or bad)

solardave

PostSubject: Re: All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter   All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 5:08 pm

I think our offense will finally play up to potential because BA was a one trick pony as an OC but Haley has some deversity. We're going to be fine. He also has some talent to work with, both on the line and everywhere in between.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter   All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 5:27 pm

solardave wrote:
I think our offense will finally play up to potential because BA was a one trick pony as an OC but Haley has some deversity. We're going to be fine. He also has some talent to work with, both on the line and everywhere in between.

No doubt. I'm sure there are going to be some growing pains, but this offense needed a fresh start under a new philosophy. The Arians era was stale and stagnant.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter   All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 5:58 pm

solardave wrote:

It'll be a fresh start, and I think we'll rank high offensively right off the bat.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter   All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:59 pm

When is the fire Todd Haley thread going to start? All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter 1549491426

imo the offense should be fine if we can get some one to block on the o-line and find someone who can run the ball? the two biggest questions in my mind right now.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter   All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:16 am

effyou515 wrote:

imo the offense should be fine if we can get some one to block on the o-line and find someone who can run the ball? the two biggest questions in my mind right now.

All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter 3964572787

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter   All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:30 am

I typically start out with a 3 year grace period. By that third year, the offense should be productive - very productive, not relying on the defense, but utilizing the defense's skillsets to their advantage. The D gets a turnover, the O gets 7 points.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter 3056903510

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter   All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:04 am

bayz101 wrote:
solardave wrote:

It'll be a fresh start, and I think we'll rank high offensively right off the bat.

agreed All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter 184121345

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter   All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:00 am

stlrtruck wrote:
The D gets a turnover, the O gets 7 points.

Actually, the O gets 6 points; special teams gets 1. All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter 1797695198

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter   All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:09 am

Whyant5 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

Actually, the O gets 6 points; special teams gets 1. All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter 1797695198

All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter 1824088959 All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter 2472506995

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter   All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:40 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Whyant5 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter 1824088959 All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter 2472506995

I get it truck! The first one is the Offense PUNCHING it in, the second one is the PAT. Beautifully illustrated.

PostSubject: Re: All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter   All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter Empty

Back to top Go down

All eyes on Todd Haley as he starts his Pittsburgh chapter
Page 1 of 1