Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group Empty
PostSubject: Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group   Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:32 am

By Alan Robinson
Published: Saturday, July 28, 2012, 12:01 a.m.

Jerricho Cotchery long admired Hines Ward from afar, the passion he displayed and the intensity he self-demanded while playing a skill position with the physicality and the mindset of a defensive player.

Cotchery found himself thinking, “Now that’s the way to play wide receiver.”

“He just plays the game the right way, tough, hard and physical,” Cotchery said.

After becoming Ward’s teammate with the Steelers last season, Cotchery’s respect for Ward grew even more because he saw how a player unaccustomed to taking off a single play suddenly had to adjust to taking off most of a game as his playing time shrunk during his final NFL season.

(Read More:) http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2265607-85/cotchery-ward-receiver-steelers-season-game-jets-catches-definitely-hines?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group   Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:46 am

Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group 2164293255 Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group 2164293255 Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group 2164293255

I just read the article and it made me miss Hines!

I've always respected and liked Cotchery. I know that when he left the Jets, many fans were upset. He was said to be a "quiet leader" in the locker room (unlike our Hines).

We all keep talking about Sanders, Brown, and Wallace, yet I think this guy, if given the opportunity, will make a tremendous impact on the team.

Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group   Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:47 am

With all the Wallace drama, I haven't thought about Cotchery much lately. He could have signed elsewhere for more money and likely would have been a starter, but he chose to play for less and risk not starting to remain with the Steelers. At the end of last season, I didn't think we'd be able to re-sign him. I'm sure glad we did.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group   Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:50 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
With all the Wallace drama, I haven't thought about Cotchery much lately. He could have signed elsewhere for more money and likely would have been a starter, but he chose to play for less and risk not starting to remain with the Steelers. At the end of last season, I didn't think we'd be able to re-sign him. I'm sure glad we did.

Amen. At the end of the season, I had a LOT of uncertainties, but this front office has been NOTHING short of spectacular.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group   Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:06 pm

I've sang Cotchery's praises all along and said he would be an important piece of the puzzle. This whole "Wallace contract drama" deal is exactly why I wanted to see the Steelers bring him back. Imagine if he had walked and Wallace held out all season? We'd be right fucked a bit. I still think Brown and Sanders are great receivers and would produce, but outside of them (and having to worry about whether or not Emmanuel can stay healthy), we wouldn't have too many experienced WRs to rely on. In the wake of this Wallace fiasco, it's real nice to know we have a solid, productive vet like Cotch to back us up.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group   Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1