Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRecommend a movie Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Recommend a movie

Go down 
+5
Buddha Bus
JonM229
vasteeler
SteelersYak
Wallace108
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:14 am

The Basketball Diaries

"The death of innocence ... and the birth of an artist."
I know a bunch of people who refused to watch this film because they thought it was a basketball movie. It's not. It's based on New York artist Jim Carroll's book of the same name. It's his story of his free fall into drug addiction. It stars Leonardo DiCaprio as Jim Carroll. I also highly recommend the book.

Recommend a movie Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSexPLbnAWsGHCgA29MtivV01sAEe-GiXvgQh2UJqPgkaSetRVc&t=1

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:30 am

Kingpin

One of my favorite comedy films. It was directed by the Farrelly brothers and stars Woody Harrelson, Randy Quaid, Bill Murray, and Vanessa Angel. It's about a bowler whose career was cut short after his hand was cut off by some guys whom he hustled. He finds a prodigy and tries to ride him to success.

Recommend a movie Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbI-pyxEC260o8DzKqOye_dUCAOLQZuFmVWLiM7yjotoPCsyO4&t=1

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:34 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Kingpin

One of my favorite comedy films. It was directed by the Farrelly brothers and stars Woody Harrelson, Randy Quaid, Bill Murray, and Vanessa Angel. It's about a bowler whose career was cut short after his hand was cut off by some guys whom he hustled. He finds a prodigy and tries to ride him to success.

So a The Big Lebowski meets Brokeback Mountain? Recommend a movie 2829330259

Recommend a movie 1797695198

SteelersYak

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:37 am

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. If you haven't seen these two movies yet, you probably should do so very soon so that your life can feel complete and whole.

Recommend a movie BatmanBeginsDVD
Recommend a movie The_Dark_Knight_5

Wallace108

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:38 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
So a The Big Lebowski meets Brokeback Mountain?Recommend a movie 2829330259
Recommend a movie 1797695198
I probably could have phrased that better.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:19 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Kingpin

Recommend a movie Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbI-pyxEC260o8DzKqOye_dUCAOLQZuFmVWLiM7yjotoPCsyO4&t=1

i love this movie Recommend a movie 1549491426
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:32 am

For Takashi Miike fans, I highly recommend "Ichi the Killer." The main story is about a gang's leader who goes missing and it's up to his second-in-command to find out what happened. Lots of blood and gore, which is both grisly and at times over the top (think Peter Jackson's "Dead Alive") Here's a picture of the special edition DVD:

Recommend a movie Bloodpk

Yep, that's a blood bag.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyTue May 24, 2011 7:52 pm

2 movies I absolutely love and I think are under-appreciated are "Ronin" (starring Robert DeNiro/Jean Reno) and "State Of Grace" (starring Sean Penn/Ed Harris/Gary Oldman).

"Ronin" is a movie car chase lover's wet dream. It's about a group of former special forces agents and intelligence agents that are hired to steal a mysterious, guarded suitcase amidst changing alliances. A bunch of action, good story and great acting round this film out. My favorite scene is the one with the coffee cup. You'll know what I mean when you see it.

Recommend a movie 220px-Ronin_movie_1998

The other movie I recommend is "State Of Grace", which is about the Irish mob in Hell's Kitchen in New York. Terry Noonan (Penn) is returning to the old neighborhood after a years long absence to reconnect with old friends and try to get in with them in the mob. The thing is, Noonan's an undercover cop trying to infiltrate and take down the mob along with his lifelong friends.

It's a story of right and wrong, loyalty and honor, friendship and betrayal. Incredible acting from Oldman who plays the Irish mob boss' brother, Jackie Falnnery. A must see for mob movie lovers and rowdy Irishmen! Recommend a movie 230572241

Recommend a movie State_of_grace

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:08 pm

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, and for anyone who loves a good fun horror/slasher flick, I HIGHLY recommend Repo! The Genetic Opera. Where else can you see Ogre (from Skinny Puppy) as a "horrific" womanizer, Paris Hilton's face fall off, Paul Sorvino belt out one of my favorite tunes, Bill Mosely be...Bill Mosely and Alexa Vega go from Spy Kid to cult horror goddess (ok...that's a stretch, but it's still cool to see her play the role she plays). Other notables are Anthony Stewart Head (Buffy fans may know who he is...excellent voice too), Sarah Brightman (one of my favorite singers) and Terrance Zdunich...who hasn't done much of anything outside of Repo, but he's hot and plays his character well.

If you like stuff like Rocky Horror Picture Show, Tommy and Planet Terror...then you will really like this fun horror/gore rock opera flick.

Recommend a movie Repo-poster

A couple of tunes from the movie. Don't watch these at work either (and probably not in front of your wife Recommend a movie 1797695198 )

JonM229

JonM229

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:58 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
If you like stuff like Rocky Horror Picture Show, Tommy and Planet Terror...then you will really like this fun horror/gore rock opera flick.

I like all of those but hated this movie, which surprised me.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:23 pm

JonM229 wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

I like all of those but hated this movie, which surprised me.

I'm not surprised really. It's pretty different, and definitely not for everyone. You just have a better chance of liking it if you like stuff like RHPS, Tommy, etc.

There are a few songs I don't like at all in the movie, but for the most part I enjoy them all and really like the premise of the movie.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:41 pm

If it's a grisly musical you're looking for, look no further than "Cannibal: The Musical". It's done by Trey Parker and Matt Stone of "South Park" fame. The movie and songs are funny as shit and it has plenty of gore. Recommend a movie 1797695198

Recommend a movie 6_midi

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:08 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
If it's a grisly musical you're looking for, look no further than "Cannibal: The Musical". It's done by Trey Parker and Matt Stone of "South Park" fame. The movie and songs are funny as shit and it has plenty of gore. Recommend a movie 1797695198

Now there's a great movie

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:08 pm

If you haven't seen Bridesmaids yet, you should definitely do so. I'd see more chick flicks if they were more like this movie.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:46 am

JonM229 wrote:
If you haven't seen Bridesmaids yet, you should definitely do so. I'd see more chick flicks if they were more like this movie.
The previews I saw looked really good, but the reviews were kind of luke warm. I should know better than to trust film critics. Recommend a movie 294855916
If you give it a thumbs up, I'll have to check it out.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:59 am

Wallace108 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
The previews I saw looked really good, but the reviews were kind of luke warm. I should know better than to trust film critics. Recommend a movie 294855916

Lukewarm? It has a 90% on RottenTomatoes.com

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:10 am

JonM229 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

Lukewarm? It has a 90% on RottenTomatoes.com
I work in the mainstream media. I know nothing of the Interwebs. Recommend a movie 1797695198

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:28 am

Just rewatched There Will Be Blood last night. I have to say that it's most likely in my top 3 favorite movies. Paul Thomas Anderson's direction and Daniel Day-Lewis' action are both incredible. And any movie with the climactic line of "I drink your milkshake. I drink it up!" is ok in my book.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:41 am

If you like your comedies dark and twisted, then you should watch Happiness. The movie follows three sisters and the people in their lives. Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Dylan Baker steal the show and there's also an great cameo appearance early on by Jon Lovitz. You'll probably want some brain bleach after watching it, but I found it hilarious and a good movie to boot.

Recommend a movie MV5BMTY4ODMzMjQwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzA0NTg4._V1._SY317_

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:28 am

JonM229 wrote:
Just rewatched There Will Be Blood last night. I have to say that it's most likely in my top 3 favorite movies. Paul Thomas Anderson's direction and Daniel Day-Lewis' action are both incredible. And any movie with the climactic line of "I drink your milkshake. I drink it up!" is ok in my book.

fantastic movie, i use that line all the time. a friend of mine ripped me for suggesting this movie. he was pissed because basically there was no dialog in the first part of the movie. i just told him" yeah morons usually dont like this movie"
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:23 am

I would like to recommend the movie "Kalifornia" with Brad Pitt, David Duchovny and Juliette Lewis. A great flick about a book writer and his photographer girlfriend traveling cross country to visit the murder sites of American serial killers and to photograph and write a book about it. They put an ad out in the paper looking for someone to split the travel costs and end up with the white trash couple of Early Grayce (Pitt) and Adele Corners (Lewis). Turns out that Grayce is a serial killer himself and that's where the trip from hell begins.

Recommend a movie Kalifornia_movie_3

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:03 pm

I just picked up "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" on Blu-Ray today! I can't wait to sit back on a lazy afternoon on a weekend and watch it in all it's high-definition glory! If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it. Don't make me send The Man With No Name lookin' fer ya! Recommend a movie 2811592063

Recommend a movie Eastwood_good_ugly

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:39 pm

If you're looking for an animated, light-hearted romp about a young Australian girl and a middle-aged man living in New York who become pen pals then you should watch Mary and Max.

(It's actually neither light-hearted nor a romp, but it is animated and you should watch it anyway)

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:36 am

I recommend "Grown Ups". I just watched that movie for the second time last night and couldn't quit laughing.

Edit: Fuck off, Jon Recommend a movie 3798349058

Last edited by bayz101 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:23 am

bayz101 wrote:
I just watched that movie for the second time last night and couldn't quit laughing?

So....you're not sure if you couldn't stop laughing or not?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommend a movie
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next