Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBires: Taylor having All-Pro preseason Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bires: Taylor having All-Pro preseason

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Bires: Taylor having All-Pro preseason Empty
PostSubject: Bires: Taylor having All-Pro preseason   Bires: Taylor having All-Pro preseason EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:54 pm
By Mike Bires

PITTSBURGH -- Ike Taylor ranks among the best cornerbacks in NFL history who’ve never made it to the Pro Bowl.

He’s a remarkable athlete who’s defended the pass so well for the Steelers that he's now in his eighth season as a starter. That’s a pretty good run. And more often than not when covering many of the league’s elite wide receivers, Taylor gets the job done.

The only thing that’s prevented him from achieving all-star status is that all too often he has hands of stone. He just can’t catch.

In his career, Taylor only has 13 interceptions. I’d venture to guess he’s flat-out dropped around 20 would-be interceptions over the years.

But maybe this will be the year Taylor finally receives postseason honors. Maybe this will be the year he’ll latch on to all those missed chances and jack up his interception count.

In the preseason, Taylor has looked terrific. At 32, he’s now a veteran leader among a group of young cornerbacks that include fourth-year pro Keenan Lewis and second-year pros Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown.

(Read More:) http://www.timesonline.com/columnists/sports/mike_bires/bires-taylor-having-all-pro-preseason/article_cceadb1b-cdd3-525e-9eba-bdeb2b1fd923.html

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Bires: Taylor having All-Pro preseason   Bires: Taylor having All-Pro preseason EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:23 pm

ive always said if he could only catch the damn ball he would have a hall of fame career

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Bires: Taylor having All-Pro preseason   Bires: Taylor having All-Pro preseason EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:27 pm

vasteeler wrote:
ive always said if he could only catch the damn ball he would have a hall of fame career

Maybe this is the year...... Bires: Taylor having All-Pro preseason 1414754481

Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: Bires: Taylor having All-Pro preseason   Bires: Taylor having All-Pro preseason EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:37 am

I agree with the both of you...his problem IS not being able to catch the ball, period.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bires: Taylor having All-Pro preseason   Bires: Taylor having All-Pro preseason Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1