Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMark Kaboly: "Something just doesn't add up with #Steelers LB James Harrison's injury" Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mark Kaboly: "Something just doesn't add up with #Steelers LB James Harrison's injury"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Mark Kaboly: "Something just doesn't add up with #Steelers LB James Harrison's injury" Empty
PostSubject: Mark Kaboly: "Something just doesn't add up with #Steelers LB James Harrison's injury"   Mark Kaboly: "Something just doesn't add up with #Steelers LB James Harrison's injury" EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:30 pm

A post on Sulia from Mark Kaboly questioning the James Harrison injury:

Quote :
Pittsburgh Steelers
Mark Kaboly

Something just doesn't add up with #Steelers LB James Harrison's injury

So let me get this straight. James Harrison was on the field and playing four months after having a pair of spine surgeries ... James Harrison started a game 35 days after breaking an orbital bone in his face last year ... but a 'cleanup' of a sore knee has kept the guy who missed only one meaningless game in his career up until last year off the field for 30 days and counting? It makes about as much sense as the Steelers waiting three months to have this 'cleanup' surgery done in the first place. A knee 'cleanup' shouldn't keep a proven football warrior like Harrison off the field for a month and counting. It just shouldn't. Harrison's mentality and makeup says he should've been on the field weeks ago. But with each passing day, it's becoming more viable of an argument that Harrison's 'cleanup' was, in fact, more than that. a day ago

It is a valid question. Harrison has battled through worse injuries in his career. Why has this one become such a giant killer? There has to be more to this than just a simple clean-up operation. I suppose it could just be that he's healing slower as he gets older, but whether it's that or a much worse injury/procedure than what has been divulged, neither is good news for Steelers Nation.

I really hope he can get back on the field by no later than the week after our bye week. Otherwise, it may be the beginning of the end for Harrison as a Steeler. No

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Mark Kaboly: "Something just doesn't add up with #Steelers LB James Harrison's injury" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark Kaboly: "Something just doesn't add up with #Steelers LB James Harrison's injury"   Mark Kaboly: "Something just doesn't add up with #Steelers LB James Harrison's injury" EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 3:19 am

Well, James Harrison was 33 last year, now he's 34. As the years go on, even the simplest of injuries take longer to heal.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mark Kaboly: "Something just doesn't add up with #Steelers LB James Harrison's injury"   Mark Kaboly: "Something just doesn't add up with #Steelers LB James Harrison's injury" EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm not so sure it's about the injury being held.

IMO, I believe that the team is looking down the road. If he comes back now and aggravates or re-injures the knee, then we're looking at a longer recovery time during a schedule that has an early BYE week. Now I don't see Harrison playing until after the BYE week, when he'll be well rested, recovered, and without question ready to finish the season.

It could also be the coaches playing to see what they have in the first stringers in waiting.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Mark Kaboly: "Something just doesn't add up with #Steelers LB James Harrison's injury" 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Kaboly: "Something just doesn't add up with #Steelers LB James Harrison's injury"   Mark Kaboly: "Something just doesn't add up with #Steelers LB James Harrison's injury" Empty

Back to top Go down

Mark Kaboly: "Something just doesn't add up with #Steelers LB James Harrison's injury"
Page 1 of 1