Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCoordinator's Corner: Haley & LeBeau Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Coordinator's Corner: Haley & LeBeau

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Coordinator's Corner: Haley & LeBeau Empty
PostSubject: Coordinator's Corner: Haley & LeBeau   Coordinator's Corner: Haley & LeBeau EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Posted 1 hour ago

Offensive Coordinator Todd Haley

Re: The hand signals:
Everybody has to understand that the ability to go no-huddle relies on hand signals. A lot of our work throughout the offseason, OTAs and training camp is coming up with the signals. We have a lot of plays with a lot of different hand signals that go with them so it’s a complicated process. If there’s something in the past that relates, that everybody knows, and that can be used, then that’s what we do. It’s a complicated but very simple deal. The plays are the plays and attached to them is a hand signal that physically tells everyone the play without any verbal communication.

Re: Rashard Mendenhall returning and helping the running game:
I hope it helps us a bunch. I think last game, though statistically you look at it and can say we’re not running the ball, but we went into that knowing what type of game it would be and they were going to have a hard time stopping us throwing the football. It was important that we ran efficiently. When we broke that game down, third-and-one’s, fourth-and-one’s, and second-and-one’s, we converted the first downs running. Now, the average isn’t what you’d like to see. You’d like to see some of those come out and be bigger runs but they were efficient runs. To get another difference maker back, hopefully will be a big deal for us. Our goal is to win every game we go out and play, to possess the football, control the clock, which we’ve done a very good job of, but we haven’t don’t a good job of winning the games. That’s what we really need to be working on.

Re: This team being similar to the personnel you had as the offensive coordinator in Arizona:
I said from the start here, the group we have and especially with Mendenhall coming back when he does come back, we’ve got a pretty complete group. You’d like to have them all involved, move the football, control the clock and score points. We’re doing a lot of things pretty good. We’re doing a good job in the red zone to this point. We’re doing a good job on third down but we have too many third downs. That tells me that we’re in the bottom of the league in first downs. We have to be a more efficient team on first down, whether we’re throwing or running and if we do that, I think we’ll continue to see progress.

(Read More:) http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Coordinators-Corner-Haley--LeBeau/df10db64-1044-4e4f-9632-c81037a39e40

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I gave Ben hell for the play calling controversy and it seems Haley is putting it to rest here and confirming what Ben has clarified. At least he's saying all the right things about it.

My apologies to Ben, but he does really need to think before talking more. He can't be that dense that he doesn't see how some of the things he says can be construed as controversial or negative can he?

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Coordinator's Corner: Haley & LeBeau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coordinator's Corner: Haley & LeBeau   Coordinator's Corner: Haley & LeBeau EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:55 pm

One's done well, the other hasn't.

Page 1 of 1