Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeXtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)

Go down 
+5
vasteeler
Galax Steeler
Buddha Bus
stlrtruck
Bays
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) Empty
PostSubject: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 pm

Steelers Total Net Yardage - Ben's Passing Yardage + Steelers Sacks = ????

Bayz101.........79

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Bayz101.........79
Truck.............136

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:54 pm

Bayz101.........79
Truck.............136
Buddha..........114

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Bayz101.........79
Truck.............136
Buddha..........114
Galax............. 150

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Bayz101.........79
Truck.............136
Buddha..........114
Galax............. 150
va..................97....im bound to win one of these one day

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Bayz101.........79
Truck.............136
Buddha..........114
Galax............. 150
va..................97....im bound to win one of these one day
fer..................80

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Bayz101.........79
Truck.............136
Buddha..........114
Galax............. 150
va..................97
fer..................80
Mach...............90

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:27 am

Bayz101.........79
Truck.............136
Buddha..........114
Galax............. 150
va..................97
fer..................80
Mach...............90
Ginger.............75 (ouch)

Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:41 am

I got Galax as the winner. I'll wait to hear the other administrator/moderator add-up's. Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) 1797695198

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 4:30 am

Yes close enough go ahead and announce me the winner. Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) 1647293567

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 4:35 am

I have 153 as the final number, and since this isn't a "Closest without going over" contest, Galax is the winner! I'll have Wallace add your title picture to your signature when he gets on. I can't find the file. Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) 1797695198

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:03 am

Galax Steeler wrote:
Yes close enough go ahead and announce me the winner. Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) 1647293567

Wait... what? I thought this was a closest without going over contest? Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) 2829330259

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:58 am

I'm a little confused by this week's rules:

Steelers Total Net Yardage - Ben's Passing Yardage + Steelers Sacks = ????

For net yardage, does that count punt and kick returns, or just yards from the line of scrimmage? If it's just yards from the line of scrimmage and we're subtracting Ben's passing yards, then all we're looking at is the Steelers' rushing yards, correct? If so, it's 167.

With "Steelers sacks," is that the number of sacks the defense gets, or the number of times Ben is sacked? Depending on which number we're looking for, it's 0 or 3. So this week's winning number at the minimum (if we're not counting punt and kick return yards) is either 167 or 164.

Galax is the closest and is this week's winner.

In the future, we need to be careful with the yards (or whatever) we're asking for so it can't be open to interpretation.

As this week's winner, Galax will be setting up the next contest.

bayz101 wrote:
since this isn't a "Closest without going over" contest, Galax is the winner!

Buddha Bus wrote:
Wait... what? I thought this was a closest without going over contest? Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) 2829330259

Since the first time we did this kind of contest, the rules have always stated that the winner is the closest score without going over. If ALL the scores go over, then the closest to the number wins.

It's not an issue this week because Galax had the highest pick, and the score was above his pick.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Woah, woah woah. I'm far too tired to read all of that until I have my coffee, but I CAN say that you'll get the "Total Net Yardage" statistic directly off of NFL.com, and the "Without going over" stipulation is rarely implemented in my contests, because usually, everyone goes over. I'll be back on in a few to read further, and yes, I know. Total net yardage subtracting the total passing yardage is basically total rushing yardage. Bear with me, i'm retarded. Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) 1797695198

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:41 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Woah, woah woah. I'm far too tired to read all of that until I have my coffee, but I CAN say that you'll get the "Total Net Yardage" statistic directly off of NFL.com, and the "Without going over" stipulation is rarely implemented in my contests, because usually, everyone goes over. I'll be back on in a few to read further, and yes, I know. Total net yardage subtracting the total passing yardage is basically total rushing yardage. Bear with me, i'm retarded. Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) 1797695198
In two years of doing this contest here, I think everyone went over only once.

We haven't been including the "without going over" stipulation every time because it's pretty much now assumed. You need to have that as a stipulation unless you have some kind of tie breaker with every contest. What if the number is 100, and one person has 105 and one has 95? Who wins?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:56 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

We haven't been including the "without going over" stipulation every time because it's pretty much now assumed. You need to have that as a stipulation unless you have some kind of tie breaker with every contest. What if the number is 100, and one person has 105 and one has 95? Who wins?

Oh, I wasn't one of the one's who assumed. Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) 3798349058

I believe I won the contest being the closest w/ going over once, and I recalled a couple others winning it that way, so I figured it was assumed that that as okay. It all comes down to: Never assume, because when you do, it makes an ass-u-me. Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) 3798349058

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:57 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

Fer69 wins !!!!! Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) 3798349058

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:59 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

And to answer your question....this is the point where I take the cyanide pill. Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) 1797695198

I'm not good at contests. YOU of all people should know this by now. Look at SF's latest blunder for cripes sake. Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) 1797695198

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:02 pm

Going forward, we'll just make sure to always include the stipulation that winner is closest without going over. If everyone goes over, then just closest to the number wins. Also, and it hasn't happened yet, but two people can't pick the same number, so there's no need for a tie breaker. Problem solved.

One thing we know for sure is that fer didn't win.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)   Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals) Empty

Back to top Go down

Xtreme Contest Week 7 (Steelers-Bengals)
Page 1 of 1