Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBurress will play this weekend Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Burress will play this weekend

Go down 
+3
solardave
Kornbread
Buddha Bus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Burress will play this weekend Empty
PostSubject: Burress will play this weekend   Burress will play this weekend EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:13 pm

By Jason La Canfora | CBS Sports NFL Insider
November 22, 2012 12:03 pm ET

Plaxico Burress was very impressive in his meetings with Steelers officials this week, sources said, and was also in excellent shape, which led to him resigning with the club. The receiver, who had his share of skeptics in the building before his visit, sources said, will be active Sunday after a strong showing in his audition.

Burress had been out of the league all season, but will feature in the team's red-zone sets with receivers Antonio Brown and Jericho Cotchery both expected to miss this game. The team quickly concluded Burress could be active after his workout and he was also impressive and contrite in his meetings with team officials, some of whom were originally against this signing given the player's baggage and past history.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21094429/the-nfl-today-williams-reinstatement-a-growing-issue-in-bounty-hearings

Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Burress will play this weekend   Burress will play this weekend EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:18 pm

I say the team ought to use this time and help Jericho Cotchery develop more.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Burress will play this weekend   Burress will play this weekend EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:27 pm

Kornbread wrote:
I say the team ought to use this time and help Jericho Cotchery develop more.

Cotchery is a 9 year veteran. He's probably about as developed as he's going to get at this stage.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Burress will play this weekend   Burress will play this weekend EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 4:53 am

I say we run him until the wheels fall off. (if he can still play at a high level)
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Burress will play this weekend   Burress will play this weekend EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:50 am

solardave wrote:
I say we run him until the wheels fall off.

Or he shoots them off himself. Burress will play this weekend 3798349058

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Burress will play this weekend   Burress will play this weekend EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:58 am

Burress will always be made fun of for what happened in New York, but bottom line is that he can play ball and that's what we need right now. And what better source than the one who already knows the way of the Steelers organization and their fans.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Burress will play this weekend 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Burress will play this weekend   Burress will play this weekend EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:08 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Burress will always be made fun of for what happened in New York, but bottom line is that he can play ball and that's what we need right now. And what better source than the one who already knows the way of the Steelers organization and their fans.

We could have just as easily brought back Hines or Randle-El for that. Burress will play this weekend 2087824411

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Burress will play this weekend   Burress will play this weekend EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:21 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

We could have just as easily brought back Hines or Randle-El for that. Burress will play this weekend 2087824411

Burress will play this weekend 1691199312 Burress will play this weekend 2472506995

We finally have the endzone threat we Haven't had since Sweet was realease

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Burress will play this weekend   Burress will play this weekend EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:28 am

fer69 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

Burress will play this weekend 1691199312 Burress will play this weekend 2472506995

You aren't serious are you? Burress will play this weekend 2097682944

The only threat Sweed posed to an endzone was killing the grass flopping on the ground like he had an injury after dropping balls.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Burress will play this weekend   Burress will play this weekend EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:53 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

You aren't serious are you? Burress will play this weekend 2097682944

The only threat Sweed posed to an endzone was killing the grass flopping on the ground like he had an injury after dropping balls.

Yeah I was being serious Burress will play this weekend 2800024739 Burress will play this weekend 1392824647

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Burress will play this weekend   Burress will play this weekend EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Randel El? Hines? Difference between them and Burress is that Burress actually shows signs of production at his age, the others mentioned did NOT. Might as well bring back Stallworth and Swann, you know, for the vet minimum. Burress will play this weekend 1797695198

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Burress will play this weekend   Burress will play this weekend EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:03 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
solardave wrote:

What makes you think his aim is that good? Burress will play this weekend 1549491426
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Burress will play this weekend   Burress will play this weekend EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 6:15 am

solardave wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
solardave wrote:

What makes you think his aim is that good? Burress will play this weekend 1549491426

lucky shot that hit him in the leg. it could of been worse Burress will play this weekend 2981382511
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Burress will play this weekend   Burress will play this weekend EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:24 am

bayz101 wrote:
Randel El? Hines? Difference between them and Burress is that Burress actually shows signs of production at his age, the others mentioned did NOT. Might as well bring back Stallworth and Swann, you know, for the vet minimum. Burress will play this weekend 1797695198

Yeah, but at least Hines and Randle-El can play QB in a pinch. Burress will play this weekend 2981382511

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Burress will play this weekend   Burress will play this weekend EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:25 am

solardave wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
solardave wrote:

He's had a lot of time to target practice here recently. Burress will play this weekend 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burress will play this weekend   Burress will play this weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1