Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBengals-turned-Steelers fan responds. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds. Empty
PostSubject: Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds.   Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:57 am

By James Walker

Last week former Cincinnati Bengals fan Brett Kostoff caused a tizzy in the AFC North blog after we updated his story on changing allegiances to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Fed up with the Bengals' losing ways, Kostoff sold his fandom on eBay for $510 and is now a card-carrying member of Steeler Nation.

Kostoff received a lot of criticism from our community. So, in fairness, we asked Kostoff if he wanted to respond to the heat he's received. Here was his message:

"For all the people who thought I CHOSE the Steelers, it was an AUCTION. The auction was open to all NFL teams and luckily a great organization had a fan that won the highest bid. The Carolina Panthers, Houston Texans, Washington Redskins, Denver Broncos, Buffalo Bills, Detroit Lions had just as much of a chance as the Steelers. People act like the only teams I listed was Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Packers and Eagles as the teams I would like to be a fan of. The "bandwagon" fan is far from the truth, if that was the case I would have choose my new team on my own, not left it at the hands of the public. The bidding started at $19.95 and I had no clue if anyone would even look at the auction much less it get into the media. I guess people wanted me to not allow the Steelers to be in the bidding? If I was unhappy with how poorly an organization (Bengals) was being ran for 20 years, why would I leave a team off which has been a model for how an organization (Steelers) should be ran? That's not very smart. Bengals fans please realize Cincinnati is not a rival to Pittsburgh fans. The Ravens are the rival. Cincinnati's rival is Cleveland (comparable organizations).

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/28184/bengals-turned-steelers-fan-responds

What do you guys think about this? Personally, I think you should stay loyal to your team.

Besides, I don't think I want any Bungles taint on the Steelers. Bad mojo. Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds. 1797695198

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds.   Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:20 am

What a wuss.

He didn't just sell his team allegiance on eBay, he sold his soul.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds.   Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:14 am

Now I know why there's so many Steelers fans. They've all been bought and paid for.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds.   Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 11:26 am

what a joke!! i dont care if the steelers were to 0-16 for ten years i could never see my self routing for another team especially a division rival

i would still rather have an encounter with zed and the gimp versus pulling for another team
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds.   Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:55 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Now I know why there's so many Steelers fans. They've all been bought and paid for.

Nah. We just did it to be able to say we ACTUALLY own a Bengals fan instead of just verbally owning them. Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds. 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds.   Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds. Empty

Back to top Go down

Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds.
Page 1 of 1