Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers' MVP search not obvious this season Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers' MVP search not obvious this season

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers' MVP search not obvious this season Empty
PostSubject: Steelers' MVP search not obvious this season   Steelers' MVP search not obvious this season EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:06 am

PITTSBURGH - As though they didn't already have enough to do, the Pittsburgh Steelers will soon cast their ballots.

The team has an annual election for a Most Valuable Player, and they have an interesting decision in this season of the 7-7 record and recent disappointment.

Some years there are many deserving candidates. This season, the slate isn't as full.

On offense, the players could go for an offensive lineman like Maurkice Pouncey or Max Starks. Players are in a much better position to gauge the level of a lineman's contribution.

The two obvious candidates on offense are Ben Roethlisberger and Heath Miller. Although Roethlisberger has had injury issues lately and threw last week's game-changing interception at Dallas, the Steelers would be sunk without him.

Miller is a player whose performance and effort are amazingly consistent. If he can get his hands on the ball, he'll probably catch it. When he does, it usually takes more than one man to bring him down.

There are no MVP candidates at the running back or wide receiver positions this year.

On defense, the most deserving players are in the secondary - Ryan Clark and Ike Taylor. Taylor gets a deserved bad rap for his inability to get interceptions, but he's been valuable in covering opponent's best receivers.

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/566980/Steelers--MVP-search-not-obvious-this-season.html?nav=751
----------------------

I disagree with the headline for this story. I think it's rather obvious who should be MVP ... Heath Miller. It's not even close.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' MVP search not obvious this season   Steelers' MVP search not obvious this season EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:45 am

Wallace108 wrote:
PITTSBURGH - As though they didn't already have enough to do, the Pittsburgh Steelers will soon cast their ballots.

The team has an annual election for a Most Valuable Player, and they have an interesting decision in this season of the 7-7 record and recent disappointment.

Some years there are many deserving candidates. This season, the slate isn't as full.

On offense, the players could go for an offensive lineman like Maurkice Pouncey or Max Starks. Players are in a much better position to gauge the level of a lineman's contribution.

The two obvious candidates on offense are Ben Roethlisberger and Heath Miller. Although Roethlisberger has had injury issues lately and threw last week's game-changing interception at Dallas, the Steelers would be sunk without him.

Miller is a player whose performance and effort are amazingly consistent. If he can get his hands on the ball, he'll probably catch it. When he does, it usually takes more than one man to bring him down.

There are no MVP candidates at the running back or wide receiver positions this year.

On defense, the most deserving players are in the secondary - Ryan Clark and Ike Taylor. Taylor gets a deserved bad rap for his inability to get interceptions, but he's been valuable in covering opponent's best receivers.

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/566980/Steelers--MVP-search-not-obvious-this-season.html?nav=751
----------------------

I disagree with the headline for this story. I think it's rather obvious who should be MVP ... Heath Miller. It's not even close.

Heath Miller on offense, Ryan Clark on defense.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' MVP search not obvious this season   Steelers' MVP search not obvious this season EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:18 am

bayz101 wrote:
Heath Miller on offense, Ryan Clark on defense.
You know I was big on Ryan about four or five games ago, but I think Timmons has pulled even with him. I think the MVP has to come from one of those three ... Timmons, Clark, or Miller. But right now, I think Miller deserves it.

EDIT: Although it wouldn't surprise me to see Suisham get it. Steelers' MVP search not obvious this season 2087824411

OK, so maybe it's NOT so obvious. Steelers' MVP search not obvious this season 312503953

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' MVP search not obvious this season   Steelers' MVP search not obvious this season EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 6:04 am

I would have to agree that Miller should be the man. Hell he is the only one that seems to have life to him in alot of games to me he is one tough S.O.B.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' MVP search not obvious this season   Steelers' MVP search not obvious this season Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers' MVP search not obvious this season
Page 1 of 1