Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHaley Interviewing in AZ Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Haley Interviewing in AZ

Go down 
+4
effyou515
Wallace108
fer69
stlrtruck
8 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Haley Interviewing in AZ Empty
PostSubject: Steelers give Cards permission to speak to Haley   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 am

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-grant-Haley-permission/dade923e-df5d-4595-9775-7909f85b0bd9
Quote :

The Steelers have given permission to the Arixzona Cardinals to interview Todd Haley for their vacant head coaching position

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Haley Interviewing in AZ 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:34 am

If you look at some of the posts on FB, Haley has received a lot of credit for the Steelers' offensive woes.

I find it amazing that people had all the patience in the world for BA, but Haley has only been given one year to create a more potent offense. I believe Haley should stay with the Steelers, but the Steelers have never held back their coaches from bettering their career.

What the Steelers can not afford at this time is a revolving door of OC's. We've been through that before and it totally dismantled our offense year in and year out. I believe it was under Cowher where we had 4 or 5 different OC's when Kordell was our QB. I believe that was part of the reason we never truly got to enjoy the athleticism of Kordell Stewart or develop a more potent offense.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:29 pm

If haley goes might as well let DL go i wouldn't want to have a new OC next year and then a new DC the year after next

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:50 am

stlrtruck wrote:
If you look at some of the posts on FB, Haley has received a lot of credit for the Steelers' offensive woes.

I find it amazing that people had all the patience in the world for BA, but Haley has only been given one year to create a more potent offense. I believe Haley should stay with the Steelers, but the Steelers have never held back their coaches from bettering their career.
Yeah, it's difficult to change things completely in one season, especially when your quarterback is making your job even harder.

I hope Haley returns. And if he does, he and Ben need to get on the same page. But if Ben is going to continue to resist him, then we're better off having someone new at the position.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:01 pm

Quote :
Todd Haley hasn’t said yes to Cardinals interview

Posted by Josh Alper

On Thursday, there was a report that the Cardinals requested permission to interview Todd Haley for their head coaching position.

The Steelers can’t block Haley from taking the interview, but Haley can turn down the opportunity himself. According to Ed Werder of ESPN, Haley might wind up doing just that.

Per Werder, Haley has yet to agree to the interview because “he loves working for” the Steelers. It was a rocky first year for Haley in the role as he and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger never quite seemed to see eye to eye on the best way to run the offense.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/04/todd-haley-hasnt-said-yes-to-cardinals-interview/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:43 pm

don't think Haley really wants the Cardinal job. Bidwells are not the best people to work for.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:47 pm

effyou515 wrote:
don't think Haley really wants the Cardinal job. Bidwells are not the best people to work for.
That's a good point. Except for one season when Whiz took them to the Super Bowl, how many head coaches have had success in Arizona? The correct answer is 0.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:47 am

fer69 wrote:
If haley goes might as well let DL go i wouldn't want to have a new OC next year and then a new DC the year after next
Having two new coordinators wouldn't be a good idea. Too much change at one time. You need some stability on one side of the ball while the other side transitions. If your offense and defense both suck, I guess it wouldn't make much of a difference to change them both up at the same time. The Browns do it every two years or so. Haley Interviewing in AZ 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:03 am

Here's a serious question:

There's a disconnect between Haley and Roethlisberger. The relationship doesn't get any better, so who do you do away with? Fire Haley and hire a new OC, or release Ben Roethlisberger?

Just curious.

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:37 am

bayz101 wrote:

There's a disconnect between Haley and Roethlisberger. The relationship doesn't get any better, so who do you do away with? Fire Haley and hire a new OC, or release Ben Roethlisberger?

Just curious.

We all know that Ben won't go anywhere and I believe Haley will stay they will be given a chance to bond.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:08 am

bayz101 wrote:

Just curious.

It's a lot easier to replace Haley than Roethlisberger. So if they can't learn to work well together, and it becomes apparent that one of them has to go immediately for the good of the team, I think you have to get rid of Haley.

Then again, it would be important to know who the rest of the team sided with. If the other players felt that Ben was causing the problems and hurting the team, then it wouldn't do much good in the long run to fire the OC. This is all hypothetical, and hopefully it never comes to something like this. I want to see Haley stay, and I want to see him and Ben get on the same page.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 6:28 pm

We know Ben didn't have a very good year but does anyone know how many times he was sacked this year? It had to be a lot less than previous years. I feel like these 2 can find middle ground if they stay together.Ben appears to have grown up off the field, now he needs to grow up on the field.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 8:25 pm

I think he was sacked less than 30 times. But what I really would like to know is how many times he was sacked before he got hurt because it seems to me that he wasn't being sacked as much in those 8 games but I could be wrong hell I'm alway wrong Haley Interviewing in AZ 1797695198

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 5:29 am

fer69 wrote:
I think he was sacked less than 30 times. But what I really would like to know is how many times he was sacked before he got hurt because it seems to me that he wasn't being sacked as much in those 8 games but I could be wrong hell I'm alway wrong Haley Interviewing in AZ 1797695198

I don't think you're wrong Fer,I'm pretty sure his uniform stayed pretty clean.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:09 pm

Quote :
The Arizona Cardinals are interviewing Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley today for the job as their head coach.

Haley, 46, is in Arizona for the interview. He joined the Steelers last year as their coordinator after the team did not renew the contract of Bruce Arians. Haley, an Upper St. Clair native, had been fired as head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs near the end of the 2011 season, his third year on the job.

Haley served as offensive coordinator with the Cardinals in 2007 and 2008 and reportedly has a good relationship with Arizona president Michael Bidwill.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/arizona-interviewing-steelers-haley-for-top-job-669646/#ixzz2HVjrROag

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:10 pm

I'm not sure if anyone here remembers when Kordell was QB and the Steelers rotated offensive coordinators more than almost any team in the league.

IMO, rotating OC's can and will destroy an offensive unit. Simply because the unit barely learns the system and the OC is either fired or hired on somewhere else.

Losing Haley is not good for our team.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:18 pm

So I wonder if he is doing this out of a respect for the organization type of thing, or if he is really interested.

I guess if he leaves, Ben will be happy.

Haley Interviewing in AZ We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:56 am

Quote :
By Mark Kaboly

Is Haley good as gone?

Sure, Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley is only interviewing for the vacant head coaching job in Arizona on Tuesday Read more at the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review › , but it could also be the beginning of the end for Haley in Pittsburgh.

Haley loves the Steelers and would love to stay, but head coaching opportunities don't really come along very often.

And with the Cardinals promoting Haley supporter Steve Keim to GM the other day along with owner Michael Bidwell also being a Haley fan isn't the best of signs for Haley supporters in Pittsburgh.

But first, Haley needs to be offered the job. If that happens, he wouldn't likely turn it down.

http://sulia.com/markkaboly_trib/f/7539a230-724b-4b37-9476-d83d7b12b58e/?guid=7539a230-724b-4b37-9476-d83d7b12b58e

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 4:40 am

I will take the wait and see approach to me it is what it is and if he leaves then we will move on to something else.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 2:36 am

Quote :
Report: Todd Haley Told Cardinals It Would Cost A Lot For Him To Leave The Steelers

There is still no word as to who the Arizona Cardinals will decide on to be their next head coach, but it is looking more and more likely that it won't be Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley, who reportedly interviewed with his former employer last week.

Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette reports on Monday, that according to his sources, Haley gave Cardinals team president Michael Bidwill a very high asking price as far as salary goes when the two met last week. Dulac speculates that Haley did this because he is currently happy with his job with the Steelers and doesn’t want to leave unless an offer is too good to pass up.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01/report-todd-haley-told-cardinals-it-would-cost-a-lot-for-him-to-leave-the-steelers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers+Depot+Blog%29

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 4:47 am

To me this is good news we don't need another offensive coordinator. Ben and Haley need time to bond and hopefully things will run smoother this year.

PostSubject: Re: Haley Interviewing in AZ   Haley Interviewing in AZ Empty

Back to top Go down

Haley Interviewing in AZ
Page 1 of 1