Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRobinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple Empty
PostSubject: Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple   Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 12:07 pm

By Alan Robinson

He is an acknowledged leader, an instinctive player who isn't a project but a producer. He was primarily responsible for the long-awaited turnaround of college football's classic program, a feat perhaps even more befitting of a Hollywood movie than “Rudy.”

He would seem to be the prototypical Steelers player. He fits one of their biggest needs. And he could be available at No. 17 when the Steelers make their first-round draft pick on April 25.

If only there wasn't the asterisk beside the name of Manti Te'o that, in the aftermath of the recent revelation that the girlfriend he talked about for months was fictional, has raised considerable questions about the Notre Dame linebacker's previously unquestioned character and judgment.

How well — or how poorly — Te'o begins to erase that asterisk will be one of the most-watched stories at the NFL Scouting Combine that begins this week in Indianapolis. And, no doubt, the Steelers will be among those watching.

Several mock drafts have the Steelers choosing Te'o, who is ranked by many draft evaluators between the 15th and 25th best player available.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/nfl/3472071-74/steelers-player-linebacker#ixzz2LB2efd2U
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple   Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:19 pm

I wouldn't be against picking him. I actually think he could start week 1 and i would hate to see the ravens get him and turn him into the next Lewis

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple   Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm not sold on him making the transition from college to pro. Especially in a defense as difficult as LeBeau's is to learn.

There's something about him that makes me wonder if he is truly a first round pick. From what I saw in the National Championship Game he wasn't that impressive and taking a LB in the first round only to have him wash out, would be detrimental to the core of our defense.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple   Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 10:05 pm

In all fairness those guys from Alabama made almost ALL the LBs they played against look silly

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple   Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 4:13 am

I don't see what the big deal is about him it was just some hoax bullshit. Why should that have to do with anything about his draft.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple   Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:20 am

Galax Steeler wrote:
I don't see what the big deal is about him it was just some hoax bullshit. Why should that have to do with anything about his draft.

it speaks to his ability to deal with mental and emotional stresses. And in the NFL, as a MLB, you've got to be mentally and emotionally sound. I just don't see it in him. Maybe I'm wrong.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple   Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:18 pm

fer69 wrote:
I wouldn't be against picking him. I actually think he could start week 1 and i would hate to see the ravens get him and turn him into the next Lewis

no I don't think he has it in him to go out and stab a couple of people.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple   Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:21 pm

i say BPA with the first pick

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple   Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:37 am

effyou515 wrote:
i say BPA with the first pick

The only one I would want on the offense side of the ball that we have a realistic shot at is chance warmack from Alabama other then that I want to address the defense with the first pick.

PostSubject: Re: Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple   Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple Empty

Back to top Go down

Robinson: Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple
Page 1 of 1