Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Americans Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Americans

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: The Americans   The Americans EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:44 am

If you're not watching this FX show, do it. The Season 1 finale is next week, so you'll have plenty of time to get caught up before Season 2 begins. Definitely one of the best new shows on TV.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:35 pm

I love this sexy show! Season 2 begins in February, 2014, I believe.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:49 am

Lady Steel wrote:
I love this sexy show!  Season 2 begins in February, 2014, I believe.

Yep. I can't wait for it to return. It was my favorite new show last year. It got a little slow in the middle of the season but picked up and finished strong. It'll be interesting to see what direction they take it in for season 2.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 5:01 pm

The Americans 1647293567
Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 4:26 am

Season Premiere is February 26th at 10:00 PM on FX. So excited!  The Americans 1647293567 
Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 7:39 pm

I really enjoyed the first episode of the new season.

Stan the Man is going to get burned one of these days, and I find myself wanting him to get his comeuppance soon for the way he's treating his wife. Asshole.

I was totally not expecting Elizabeth and Phillip's cohorts and their children to be murdered in their hotel room. That was shocking.

I'm happy to know Claudia is still around. I love the hatred and animosity between her and Elizabeth as well as their cat fights.  The Americans 1647293567 
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 10:38 am

Lady Steel wrote:
I'm happy to know Claudia is still around.   I love the hatred and animosity between her and Elizabeth as well as their cat fights.    The Americans 1647293567 

Since she's starring in The Millers, I wasn't expecting her to return. I like the chemistry between her character and Elizabeth, so I'm glad she's back.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Am I the only one who was utterly confused during the last episode? I had idea what was going on other than the fact that Phillip and Elizabeth were paranoid after the murder of their friends.

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 7:17 pm

I haven't watched the last two episodes yet. I've been busy and have gotten behind on my TV viewing. Hopefully, I will get caught up tonight or tomorrow.

I'll be back. Muhahahaha.

The Americans 312503953 

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Am I the only one who was utterly confused during the last episode? I had idea what was going on other than the fact that Phillip and Elizabeth were paranoid after the murder of their friends.

Okay, I'm all caught up now.  The flashbacks were basically to give us backstory about the closeness of the two women, Elizabeth's desire not to have children at that point, as well as Elizabeth's promise to her friend to give the letter to her friend's son should anything ever happen to his parents.

In my opinion, this episode was all about the mothers' love for their children, but ultimately Elizabeth's love for Mother Russia.  I feel she made the right decision in not giving the letter to Jared because it would have devastated him to know his entire life was a lie.  Also, it would only bring danger if Jared told anyone else this information.  Elizabeth saw he was being well taken care of, and that's pretty much all she needed to know.

Also, Elizabeth burned the letter, which she shaped into a candle, as a type of memoriam to her friends, as well as to destroy it as evidence.

Paige is becoming a rebellious teenager, and traveled to Cresson, Pennsylvania, which, actually, is not all that far from me.  I have been there on several occasions.  It's a hellhole.    The Americans 312503953 

Aunt Helen is KGB, too.  I'm curious to find out more about Paige's new friend.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Lady Steel wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Okay, I'm all caught up now.  The flashbacks were basically to give us backstory about the closeness of the two women, Elizabeth's desire not to have children at that point, as well as Elizabeth's promise to her friend to give the letter to her friend's son should anything ever happen to his parents.

In my opinion, this episode was all about the mothers' love for their children, but ultimately Elizabeth's love for Mother Russia.  I feel she made the right decision in not giving the letter to Jared because it would have devastated him to know his entire life was a lie.  Also, it would only bring danger if Jared told anyone else this information.  Elizabeth saw he was being well taken care of, and that's pretty much all she needed to know.

Also, Elizabeth burned the letter, which she shaped into a candle, as a type of memoriam to her friends, as well as to destroy it as evidence.

Paige is becoming a rebellious teenager, and traveled to Cresson, Pennsylvania, which, actually, is not all that far from me.  I have been there on several occasions.  It's a hellhole.    The Americans 312503953 

Aunt Helen is KGB, too.  I'm curious to find out more about Paige's new friend.

I was talking about being confused during the previous episode, not the latest one. The latest episode was much better. At least I could follow what was happening.  The Americans 1797695198 

For me, the most interesting story line right now is Paige's curiosity. She knows something is amiss, but has no clue what it is. It'll be interesting to see where her curiosity leads. The show needs to be bigger than that though, and it should really pick up over the next few episodes. We need Stan investigating more than just Nina's body.

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:42 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I was talking about being confused during the previous episode, not the latest one. The latest episode was much better. At least I could follow what was happening.  The Americans 1797695198

Oh, sorry.    The Americans 312503953 

Quote :
We need Stan investigating more than just Nina's body.

Stan is at a high point in his career right now with him receiving a medal and all.  He has fallen in love with Nina, which is going to be his downfall.  I think he is going to start feeling a little bit too comfortable and confident, maybe even cocky and off-guard.  The KGB has him right where they want him, and I think he's going to crash and burn very soon.  Although I'm not, of course, rooting for the KGB in this regard, I'm kind of looking forward to Stan getting his comeuppance.  I absolutely cannot stand the way he treats his wife, especially in light of the fact that she is trying so hard to save their marriage. I feel so badly for her.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 12:28 am

This episode left me with one question ... why do Russians constantly refer to each other by both their first AND last names during conversations? It's way too formal. Here in America, "Hey, you" works just fine.

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 7:57 pm

The Americans 312503953  Walllace. I have no idea, but I noticed it, too. Maybe it's so the viewers don't get attached to them as characters since they are KGB.

Claudia is back!  The Americans 1647293567  She's up to somethin'.

I was glad Stan didn't get his commendation letter, and I like the zingers Gaad keeps throwing at him. It keeps Stan in his place.

I had to laugh at how appalled Elizabeth was that Paige found religion.

This was a good episode. I wonder who took off with the scientist.

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:32 pm

Are you still watchin' this show, Wally?  It's so good!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 11:08 pm

Lady Steel wrote:
Are you still watchin' this show, Wally?  It's so good!

Yeah, I'm actually enjoying Season 3 much more than Season 2. I almost gave up on the show last season. I couldn't follow all the names, and more times than not I had no idea what was happening. This season they've focused more on the relationships rather than the spying stuff, and it's made it more enjoyable. I'm glad I stuck with it.

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Paige finding out her parents were Russian spies didn't happen the way I thought it would, but I'm glad it happened the way it did.  That scene was so intense.  The last scene of the episode, when Paige was contemplating how FBI Special Agent Beeman tied into all of it was so good.  She's a good young actress.

Is it safe to assume Stan suspects Martha planted the bug in Gaad's pen? It looks like Stan was also correct regarding the Russian "defector" he is protecting. I like that the show is finally not making him look like a bumbling tool, except, of course, in the case of Phillip and Elizabeth.

Henry's "love" of Mrs. Beeman makes me giggle.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 9:57 pm

Lady Steel wrote:
The last scene of the episode, when Paige was contemplating how FBI Special Agent Beeman tied into all of it was so good.  She's a good young actress.

Yeah, that was good. You can only imagine what would be going through her mind trying to put pieces of the puzzle together when the pieces don't even go with that puzzle. She pulled the scene off really well.

Lady Steel wrote:
Is it safe to assume Stan suspects Martha planted the bug in Gaad's pen?

I sure hope so, and I hope she goes away. Her relationship with Phillip is ridiculous. There's gullible, and then there's Martha.

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 6:52 pm

Are you all caught up through this week, Wallace?
Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 2:31 am

Season 4 was awesome, but I hope we get to see more of Oleg either in Russia or if he decides to stay in the States because, well, he's hawt!   The Americans 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Americans   The Americans Empty

Back to top Go down

The Americans
Page 1 of 1