Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre' Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Hines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Hines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre' Empty
PostSubject: Hines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre'   Hines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre' EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:44 pm

By Nate Davis, USA TODAY

Steelers WR Hines Ward isn't ready for a full-time dancing career just yet.

But he is looking forward to a 14th NFL season -- and maybe a few more -- after Year 13 produced 59 catches for 755 yards and two postseason TDs, including one in Pittsburgh's Super Bowl XLV loss to the Packers.

"Deion Sanders told me, he said, 'Play 'til the wheels fall off, because once it's gone, it's gone.' You don't want to miss a day wondering, you know, if I still could have played," Ward said on NFL Network's NFL Total Access on Wednesday.

However don't expect No. 86 to mull his future year to year.

"I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre," chuckled Ward.

"I'm gonna play as long as the Pittsburgh Steelers want me to play. I don't want to play for any other team. And, you know, If God's willing -- if I stay healthy, I stay in shape -- I'll play a couple more years."
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/06/steelers-wr-hines-ward-i-definitely-dont-want-to-be-brett-favre/1?csp=34

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
siss
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Hines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre'   Hines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre' EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:50 am

We don't want Hines to be Farve either.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Hines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre'   Hines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre' EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:55 am

siss wrote:
We don't want Hines to be Farve either.
I'm confident that Hines will know when it's time to walk away. And if he doesn't, the Steelers have a proven track record of making that decision for players.

I have to say though ... I don't want to think about the day when Hines isn't on the team. Hines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre' 2164293255

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
jjmjmay

PostSubject: Re: Hines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre'   Hines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre' EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:55 am

I love that he is willing to say that. Farve is such an over rated drama queen that was on such a great Greenbay team that they one a title inspight of him. That guy tossed my Giants the win in OT of the NFC championship game because after who knows how many NFL seasons he still thought he could stick it in there no matter what. He never learned a damn thing from his career aparently.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Hines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre'   Hines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre' EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:36 pm

jjmjmay wrote:
I love that he is willing to say that. Farve is such an over rated drama queen that was on such a great Greenbay team that they one a title inspight of him. That guy tossed my Giants the win in OT of the NFC championship game because after who knows how many NFL seasons he still thought he could stick it in there no matter what. He never learned a damn thing from his career aparently.
I used to like Favre until he started all the drama queen crap. I felt he was always a bit overrated, but he was a likable guy. But toward the end of his career (hopefully), I didn't like the way he held teams hostage with his indecisiveness. He kept putting himself above whatever team he was playing for.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre'   Hines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre' Empty

Back to top Go down

Hines Ward: 'I definitely don't want to be Brett Favre'
Page 1 of 1