Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNew features Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

New features

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

New features Empty
PostSubject: New features   New features EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm posting this here to make sure everyone sees it, and I'll move it to the Announcement forum later.

There are several new features here at Xtreme:

New editor
When you make a post or reply to a post, you'll notice a more-sophisticated editor. It looks different from the old version and there are more options. I haven't had a chance to mess with it much yet, but one of the first things I've noticed is that there are now 2 buttons for posting a picture ... one for inserting an image (posting a link from another site) and one for hosting an image (uploading a pic from your computer). There's also a YouTube button instead of the button with the movie thing on it. There's also more options to manipulate the text. Also, the emoticons are no longer on the side of the page. Click the "smiley" emoticon at the top of the editor to access all the emoticons.

Tool bar
When you log in, you'll now see a tool bar at the top of the forum. It'll look plain until I get a chance to customize it. If I do nothing to it, it's already an improvement over what we had before. The coolest feature is that we now have a Notification system (which is at the far right on the tool bar). Instead of just getting notifications for new PMs, we'll now get notifications for Friend requests and Visitor messages. There are other notifications as well, which you can set by clicking on "Notifications" on the tool bar and then "See all the notifications."

Mobile version

The mobile version of the forum has been upgraded to better accommodate members who access the forum on their phones. I don't have Internet access on my phone, so I'll depend on input from those of you who do.

Chat box
The chat box has returned and is located at the bottom of the forum. Last season, we used a chat that was accessed on another page. It went well, but if we're going to have it, it makes more sense to have it more connected to the forum. The chat can be used on the forum, or it can be opened up in a separate tab/window. I'll leave the chat box where it's at for now, but it might be a feature we roll out just on game days like we did last season. We'll play it by ear.

I'll be learning all these new features along with you, so let me know if there are any problems or concerns.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

New features Empty
PostSubject: Re: New features   New features EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:41 pm

Nice upgrades! New features 2421758519

stlrtruck

New features Empty
PostSubject: Re: New features   New features EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Great job Wally.  Sorry I haven't been as available to help you.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION New features 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

New features Empty
PostSubject: Re: New features   New features EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Looks awesome!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

New features Empty
PostSubject: Re: New features   New features EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 3:48 am

steelerdude15 wrote:
Nice upgrades! New features 2421758519

fer69 wrote:
Looks awesome!

Thanks guys. Let me know if there are any issues. New features 230572241

stlrtruck wrote:
Great job Wally.  Sorry I haven't been as available to help you.

Not a problem. I'm proud of you for what you're doing in RL. Keep on keeping on. New features 469886443

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

New features Empty
PostSubject: Re: New features   New features Empty

Back to top Go down

New features
Page 1 of 1