Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePolamalu: The Steelers most-overrated player? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Polamalu: The Steelers most-overrated player?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Polamalu: The Steelers most-overrated player? Empty
PostSubject: Polamalu: The Steelers most-overrated player?   Polamalu: The Steelers most-overrated player? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:29 pm

By Dave Bryan

With the NFL currently in the dead zone prior to training camps opening around the league, several of the major media outlets are scratching and clawing for topics to discuss. NFL.com is currently going team-by-team and listing the all-time players from each that they consider to be either overrated or underrated.

As far as the Pittsburgh Steelers go, Dave Dameshek, who, by the way, is a huge fan of the black and gold, chose safety Troy Polamalu as the teams' most overrated player.

"I'm going to go here with Troy Polamalu, because, yes, I think he is nearly a dead lock for the Hall of Fame in a few years, but in the last couple of years, he has significantly tailed off," said Dameshek. His gambling ways have been exposed by some of the savvier QBs. You can watch Tom Brady dupe him with some play-action at least once a game, and beyond that, he just hasn't been on the field very often.

"He's spent a lot of time in street clothes on the sidelines in big games. Troy Polamalu, one of the great defenders on a franchise known for great defense, but like I said, the last couple years a big drop off there. We'll see if 2013 if he can turn it around, or if it might be his last season."

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/06/steelers-troy-polamalu-dave-dameshek-overrated/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=steelers-troy-polamalu-dave-dameshek-overrated

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu: The Steelers most-overrated player?   Polamalu: The Steelers most-overrated player? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:17 pm

it sucks that he has been hurt a lot of his career but there is no denying what that man can do when fully functional. i dont agree with this guy at all. woodley is far more overrated than troy could ever possibly be.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu: The Steelers most-overrated player?   Polamalu: The Steelers most-overrated player? EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 8:59 pm

I find it funny that when the NFL Network did their top ten Steelers of all time, they had Troy on the list. Yet, here they are saying he's the most overrated player...

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu: The Steelers most-overrated player?   Polamalu: The Steelers most-overrated player? EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 7:21 am

I agree with VA that Woodley is over rated . He can change that this season by showing up in shape and playing up to his ability.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu: The Steelers most-overrated player?   Polamalu: The Steelers most-overrated player? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:43 pm

This is an important season for Woodley. I don't think he has to be great. Just really really good. If he does have a great year, all the better.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu: The Steelers most-overrated player?   Polamalu: The Steelers most-overrated player? Empty

Back to top Go down

Polamalu: The Steelers most-overrated player?
Page 1 of 1