Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 2:05 am

Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) Th?id=H.4833969631005127&pid=1

For those who will be on during the game, there are now two options for discussion. You can participate either in this thread or in the chatbox, which is located at the bottom of the forum. Only Steelers Xtreme members who are logged in are able to view the chatbox. PM me if you have any questions about it.

Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) 1948569602

Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 1:18 am

Quote :
Who to watch tonight vs. Panthers

By Chris Bradford

Mike Tomlin has never lost a preseason game to the Panthers and doesn’t intend to begin tonight. Truth is, Tomlin’s Steelers could use a victory in tonight’s preseason finale to avoid a dubious distinction.

Only five times in Steelers history have they gone winless in the preseason. None of those ill-fated teams advanced to the playoffs, and only one of them finished with a winning record. You can debate the merits of a “meaningless” preseason victory, but for a handful of players, tonight’s game carries plenty of meaning.

Today, Times Steelers writer Chris Bradford gives you three players on the bubble who could greatly improve their stock of making the final 53-man roster with a strong showing tonight in Charlotte:

READ MORE: http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-three-down-who-to-watch-tonight-vs-panthers/article_74c1dbce-ccdb-5e12-9639-66283a2be399.html
Quote :
Steelers reserves, rookies will be on big stage

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

If it were solely up to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, the meaningless preseason football game tonight between the Steelers and Carolina Panthers in Charlotte, N.C., would long ago have been turned into a regular-season game with all the trappings and ramifications that go with one.

Goodell does not have Derek Moye or Justin Brown in mind.

While Goodell has proposed dumping half the four-game preseason schedule and adding two games to the regular season, young players everywhere hope he never gets his way. Tonight is their chance.

Most of the first-teamers either will not play or not play long (you will not see Ben Roethlisberger tonight other than on the sideline). This is the time when the Moyes and Browns of the NFL can either show why they should make the 53-man roster that will be set Saturday, the eight-man practice squad or impress one of the other 31 teams enough to take them.

"It's a big opportunity for me," said Moye, an undrafted receiver from Penn State who spent time in his 2012 rookie season with three teams, including the Steelers practice squad, but never made a roster.

"I look forward to going out there and showing the coaches what I can do on the field one last time before they make a decision on who is going to make the team."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-eserves-rookies-will-be-on-big-stage-701231/#ixzz2dKeluEgv
Quote :

Much still to be determined in Steelers' preseason finale

By Alan Robinson

The Steelers went through a winless preseason only three times in the past 48 seasons. Ben Roethlisberger doesn't seem overly concerned if they experience a fourth.

“I'm so worried. Can you tell on my face?” Roethlisberger said, almost breaking into a laugh. “It's the preseason, and we're taking time to work on things and get better. We'll be ready to go when it's time.”

Next week is that time. But the Steelers' preseason finale at Carolina on Thursday probably won't tell if they're ready for the season that awaits.

Coach Mike Tomlin is expected to hold out some — perhaps more than a few — starters as the Steelers attempt to dodge their first winless preseason since they went 0-4 in 2006. That proved to be a precursor to a 2-6 start. They also went without winning in 1987 (0-4) and 1965 (0-5).

So expect a whole lot of Landry Jones, Alan Baxter, Brian Rolle and Robert Golden at Bank of America Stadium and probably not much, if any, of Roethlisberger, LaMarr Woodley, Lawrence Timmons and Troy Polamalu.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4604173-74/steelers-preseason-tomlin#ixzz2dKf6EGbL

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:36 am

Woah woah woah..... Steelers are on tonight?! AND my BGSU Falcons?!?! Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) 2605341373 Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) 2605341373 Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) 2605341373 

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 10:37 am

I'll be at work and will miss the game. But if you have to miss a preseason game, I guess this is the one to miss.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:25 pm

I'm going to try and catch the game as well as the college games too. But right now I'm catching up on Duck Dynasty.

Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) Scaled.php?server=695&filename=trucky
60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:40 pm

seems no one else is on for the game.

Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) Scaled.php?server=695&filename=trucky
60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:41 pm

what the hell? Derek Anderson is making it look easy now Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) 1505004552 

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:42 pm

well that was way too freakin' easy!!!! shite!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:44 pm

DA made our secondary look like swiss cheese on the drive. The blitz couldn't get to him and our DBs look tentative during that drive.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:47 pm

Jones on his first pass went deep and he had an underneath that would have gotten the first down.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:49 pm

And another pass where Jones should have hit the underneath guy

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:50 pm

Howling proving he wants to make this team. Helluva a run for a first down.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:50 pm

back to back good runs. Howling and Dwyer.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:52 pm

Jones with a TD pass, but it looked like he forced it. He had a guy to the outside.

Jones needs to start paying attention to whats happening on the entire field.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Defense comes up with a stop but only because Ted Ginn couldnt' pull in a one handed grab. It happens, and now it'll be interesting to see if Jones got any coaching on the sideline.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:03 pm

Jones under pressure doesn't look well. He had some open yards but decided to stay behind the LOS...I don't think he's confident in his running skills, but he's got to know when to tuck it and run.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:07 pm

Since the first drive, the defense has tightened it up.

Good pressure, and coverage.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:18 pm

haven't had a good signal the last few series and I don't know what happen on the Steelers last one. Probably a punt, considering the panthers had the ball when the stream came back active

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:25 pm

the defense gave up some soft yards there, but stuck it to them on 2nd and goal. Hopefully they can do it again on 3rd.

This pre-season has left me somewhat confused as to what direction this team is going.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:27 pm

that was a helluva stand on 3rd down!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Hopefully Jones will come out with some fire.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Landry Jones playing Houdini on that 3rd down play. Great job escaping the rush.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Butler with a high punt, but it's still in the center of the field. Coffin Kick!!!!!!!!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:40 pm

oh that was embarrassing! Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) 1505004552  Ted Ginn just ran past Cromartie-Smith. And it was a great pass by Anderson just putting it out there for himi.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:42 pm

I guess the only saving grace is that it's a combination of 1st and 2nd stringers playing, but this doesn't look good if our backups are getting destroyed by guys.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)   Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Panthers (Preaseason Game #4)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next