Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. lions (Week 11) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 12:05 pm

The lions are a few games better than use, but they also just took a huge step forward with their victory over the bears last week.

But here we sit, with a chance to move forward in our right putting together back to back victories for only the 2nd time this season. And it would be a big W, considering our next 2 opponents are the browns and the ravens.

It's in Da 'Burgh, and really the lions have two weapons we need to stuff. Johnson and Bush. Secondary will need to be aggressive and on their toes for 60 minutes and 1 second, and Big Ben will need to actually lead the offense on the field, allowing our defense to rest.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 12:17 pm

I have Reggie Bush on my fantasy team, and he has been a monster all year. CJ of course is a beast. I would take zero points from Reggie if it means beating the Lions. However, I just don't feel we have the ability/talent to do so. I'm sorry, but I think we lose this one at home, and it's not going to be close.

I hope I'm wrong. Prove me wrong team!

Steelerella

Steelerella

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 12:46 pm

You really think our secondary can contain Megatron? I'm highly concerned about the OL, not one practiced today and not one guy has made it an entire practice all week.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:13 pm

Steelerella wrote:
You really think our secondary can contain Megatron? I'm highly concerned about the OL, not one practiced today and not one guy has made it an entire practice all week.
I think a combination of coverages, combined with aggressive blitz packages can contain Megatron. I'm also concerned about our O-line too. Detroit may not be beating every team with style points, but their front 7 has been after the QB as of late. Could last weeks aggressions been solely because of the inter-division rivalry (similarly to how we play the rats)? I believe after last weeks game, the lions could been in for an emotional let down, at least that's what I'm hoping for.

I say the Steelers take this one by 10 points.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:23 pm

Steelerella wrote:
Ike has a solid track record of shutting down top receivers. It always seems to be the No. 2 and No. 3 receivers who kill us.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Steelerella

Steelerella

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:39 pm

I don't know how to quote yet. lol

I think Ike or Cortez should be put on Megatron and not William Gay. He gives me new curse words every game he's covering someone. OL, what can you say? Let's just hope Suh and Fairley don't kill Big Ben (maybe put Kiesel in backfield?) Reggie Bush doesn't worry me, he's not a power back. Let Worilds and Troy key up and unload to force him to run up the middle. It's going to be tough game. I do have faith, but I don't wear B&G colored glasses either.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:53 pm

Steelerella wrote:
I don't know how to quote yet. lol

I think Ike or Cortez should be put on Megatron and not William Gay. He gives me new curse words every game he's covering someone. OL, what can you say? Let's just hope Suh and Fairley don't kill Big Ben (maybe put Kiesel in backfield?) Reggie Bush doesn't worry me, he's not a power back. Let Worilds and Troy key up and unload to force him to run up the middle. It's going to be tough game. I do have faith, but I don't wear B&G colored glasses either.
To quote someone's post, the Quote button is located at the top right of their post.

I'm not going to guarantee that Calvin won't light us up, but I'm confident in Ike's ability to contain him. On the other hand, I don't have a lot of confidence in our O-line's ability against Detroit's D-line. They don't have to play great (not that they ever do), but they have to play respectably. I think our O-line will be the key to this game. If they play well, we can win. If they don't, Truck will be learning some new words in the chatbox. Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 8:05 pm

1. I hope Ben doesn't get hurt. It's been that kind of season...again.
2. Megatron is going to destroy Ike. Yes he did well against AJ, but CJ's size is unstoppable. If they don't double him up, it's going to be bad.
3. The Steelers better be worried about Reggie, because if we let a crappy QB scramble for 93 yards on the first play of the game, what do you think a veteran RB who has been lighting it up this season will do?

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 9:59 pm

The key to stopping Megatron is to getting to Stafford quickly. A team can make him look very bad in a hurry if he feels constant pressure.

We can beat this Lions teams, no doubt.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 9:33 am

Drizztbob wrote:
1.  I hope Ben doesn't get hurt.  It's been that kind of season...again.
2.  Megatron is going to destroy Ike.  Yes he did well against AJ, but CJ's size is unstoppable.  If they don't double him up, it's going to be bad.
3.  The Steelers better be worried about Reggie, because if we let a crappy QB scramble for 93 yards on the first play of the game, what do you think a veteran RB who has been lighting it up this season will do?  
I'm more worried about Bush, than I am about Megatron. I'm hoping the defense is up for the long day ahead of them.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 6:17 pm

It will be an uphill battle. Especially with woodley out.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:02 am

Quote :
Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac

Three starters -- Woodley, Keisel, Foster -- not expected to play against Lions. Keisel's foot got worse as week wore on.His return is iffy.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 9:48 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :
Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac

Three starters -- Woodley, Keisel, Foster -- not expected to play against Lions. Keisel's foot got worse as week wore on.His return is iffy.

Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) 1505004552 

Steelerella

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 11:35 am

At least we got Velasco. Guys needs to know the difference between being hurt and being injured. With some of them it's understandable, but with others they need to man up. If Suh does any dirty moves, Heinz field will descend on him.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Hopefully the game plan is to get the ball out quick. I will be cringing every time the Lions get close to BR7.

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 10:07 am

Gonna be an ugly game. I am truly fearful to watch it. Not just for Ben's sake but the scoreboard as well.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 12:18 pm

If our defense continues where it left off last week and can contain the Lions' offense, I like our chances. If not and it turns into a shootout, we'll be in trouble.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 12:27 pm

Quote :
Brian Billick
✔ @CoachBillick

The #Lions haven't won in Pittsburgh since 1955...Dick LeBeau was a freshman at Ohio State!

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Quote :
Scott Brown @ScottBrown_ESPN

Guy Whimper will start at LG and Jarvis Jones will start for Woodley.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:07 pm

Ike Taylor, as expected, scorched.

Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:20 pm

Tell me again about our shut down corner? Ike, burned again.

Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:27 pm

And again.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:28 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Tell me again about our shut down corner?  Ike, burned again.
I stand by everything I said about Ike coming into the game. But yeah, he's getting lit up. They need to give him some safety help. Calvin Johnson is just too much for any corner to go up against one on one every play.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Seriously a holding call and still a completion against Ike...he is terrible.

Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Another holding call in the end zone. Awful.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)   Steelers vs. lions (Week 11) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. lions (Week 11)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next