Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWeek 17: STeelers v browns Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Week 17: STeelers v browns

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Week 17: STeelers v browns Empty
PostSubject: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 9:18 am

Well here we all sit, pondering, wondering, what will become of the 2013 Steelers. At times they have shown the old football spirit and reminded us of the teams that won the SB in 2005 and 2008 (technically 2006 & 2009), but you get my point. In most games they have shown us signs of a team that are somewhere between being the browns and being the SB Champs.

The last time they played the browns, they were dominate, and took care of business. And after a sloppy start to the season, the Steelers are still alive to make the #6 seed. Last time they did, they brought home #5. I'm not saying it's going to happen this year, heck I'd be content with them just not having a losing season and being 8-8. However, as they say, it's a new season.

The Steelers need a lot of help to make the playoffs, but stranger things have happened.

FIRST - TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!

Must wine, can no lose!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Week 17: STeelers v browns 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:23 pm

I read an article about how difficult it is to hit a 4 team parlay with 2 massive underdogs...8.9 percent chance. Not good, but at least something to cheer about. Regardless, the oldest defense in the NFL is getting gutted next year.

Woodley, gone. Keisel, gone. Troy, looks like he might go and free up close to 9 million in dead money. Clark, probably gone. Taylor, small chance. (fingers crossed).

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm just waiting for the video that comes about should the 4 parlay hit.  Week 17: STeelers v browns 1664291743 

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:15 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
I read an article about how difficult it is to hit a 4 team parlay with 2 massive underdogs...8.9 percent chance.  Not good, but at least something to cheer about.  Regardless, the oldest defense in the NFL is getting gutted next year.

Woodley, gone.  Keisel, gone.  Troy, looks like he might go and free up close to 9 million in dead money.  Clark, probably gone.  Taylor, small chance.  (fingers crossed).  

I can see Woodley and Keisel being gone, possibly even Clark. But I don't see Troy or Taylor gone. Honestly, for as much crap as Taylor takes he is one of the best coverage guys in the NFL, and while he may draw a lot of flags, I still think he has a lot to over the Steelers and I certainly would hate to see him in another uniform. Troy, is that quiet danger that can cause havoc to any O.C. With that being said, I believe the team needs to use him in a way that allows him to continue to disrupt offense without putting him in positions to further injure himself. This year has been exceptional with him not being injured.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 9:16 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I'm just waiting for the video that comes about should the 4 parlay hit.   Week 17: STeelers v browns 1664291743 
It wont be pretty, but that will be exactly how the Steelers got to the playoffs...

Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 9:22 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

I can see Woodley and Keisel being gone, possibly even Clark.  But I don't see Troy or Taylor gone.  Honestly, for as much crap as Taylor takes he is one of the best coverage guys in the NFL, and while he may draw a lot of flags, I still think he has a lot to over the Steelers and I certainly would hate to see him in another uniform.  Troy, is that quiet danger that can cause havoc to any O.C.  With that being said, I believe the team needs to use him in a way that allows him to continue to disrupt offense without putting him in positions to further injure himself.  This year has been exceptional with him not being injured.

I don't want to see Troy go...but the old adage "The NFL is a business..." Troy had a possibly Pro Bowl caliper year, and played all 17 games, so he made a case for himself if he is worth that 8.25 mil. We'll see. Taylor I have just seen fail more times than win and I'm just tired of hearing his name being called when it shouldn't be. Has he had some great games? Certainly, but has been far to inconsistent for my taste and I can't trust him. QB's see this as well and target him knowing he has stone hands. What's the worst that can happen, a batted ball?

I'll miss Clark for what he was until the concussion bug got him. And I'll miss Keisel for the tude he brought to every game. Question is, can our young guys replace them in Lebau's scheme?

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

I can see Woodley and Keisel being gone, possibly even Clark.  But I don't see Troy or Taylor gone.  Honestly, for as much crap as Taylor takes he is one of the best coverage guys in the NFL, and while he may draw a lot of flags, I still think he has a lot to over the Steelers and I certainly would hate to see him in another uniform.  Troy, is that quiet danger that can cause havoc to any O.C.  With that being said, I believe the team needs to use him in a way that allows him to continue to disrupt offense without putting him in positions to further injure himself.  This year has been exceptional with him not being injured.

I don't want to see Troy go...but the old adage "The NFL is a business..."  Troy had a possibly Pro Bowl caliper year, and played all 17 games, so he made a case for himself if he is worth that 8.25 mil.  We'll see.  Taylor I have just seen fail more times than win and I'm just tired of hearing his name being called when it shouldn't be.  Has he had some great games?  Certainly, but has been far to inconsistent for my taste and I can't trust him.  QB's see this as well and target him knowing he has stone hands.  What's the worst that can happen, a batted ball?  

I'll miss Clark for what he was until the concussion bug got him.  And I'll miss Keisel for the tude he brought to every game.  Question is, can our young guys replace them in Lebau's scheme?

Unfortunately there is longer a sense of loyalty on either side of the coin. And the business side of it has ruined the solidarity that teams use to have to win multiple championships. I still think Troy will be around, and I see your point on Ike, but he also is one of the best coverage guys in the league. Think about how many times you don't hear his name. I still see him on the team, even if he is only best for a batted ball.

As for the younger guys, I think the front 4 are good, but once we get in to the LBs and DBs we run into ability issues with LeBeau's scheme. That being said, the big question is, does LeBeau come back one more year? Will he be 'forced' to retire (ala Arians)?

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 9:16 pm

I think LeBeau sees this year as a failure and will come back for one more. He got it together towards the end of the season and will want to see that come to fruition. Besides, who would we bring in??

You are right, I believe Ike will be back for another year... Week 17: STeelers v browns 2744185472 

I was excited about Jarvis Jones this year, and he hasn't showed me anything. I hope with a year under his belt that changes, but you would think at least SOME of that pass rushing skill we saw from him in college would translate into the NFL, but I didn't see any boost from him.

I like Shamarko Thomas. I've seen some good stuff from him that will only get better.

Beyond that? Williams?? LB's will need some help. (Talking rooks here) Will the Steelers for once play in some free agency moves before the draft?? We'll see.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 9:28 pm

I like Thomas too, and I believe he showed a lot of potential in the limited time he's been on the field. I do hope he transitions to greater success next year and pushes for a starting position. I, like you, like Jarvis Jones too. As we've all heard it is very difficult to pick up LeBeau's defense the first year and the fact that he has made plays for us speaks volumes about his upswing.

I like your idea on LeBeau, and hope he makes one more run at making this defense awesome. If he decides to retire, or if he's forced out, I believe Keith Butler has been tagged as his replacement.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:16 pm

And the Steelers take the early lead with a Cotchery TD. Man the offense has come on strong the last half of the season.

Can you imagine what this team would've been like if Ben wasn't whining all of last season.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Defense isn't looking solid right now. Allowing cleveland to march down the field right now. Need to stand up.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:24 pm

As much as people don't like Ike, I really don't like Willie Gay out there on coverage. I think he's great on the blitz package, but in coverage - H O R R I B L E!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:26 pm

well that's one way to end a drive. Getting a sack and a turnover!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:28 pm

and that TO killed by Ben's returned favor

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:35 pm

I'd say the defense stood tall there, but that was on Cooper with the dropped ball and no one, and I mean no one around him. Got away with it there. Now Ben should make up for that INT with a time killing drive that ends with a Bell TD.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:45 pm

and our offense rewards everybody with a 3 & out.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:48 pm

and in the battle of what needs to happen:
currently:
bengals over ratbirds by 1
jets losing to dolphins by 7

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:55 pm

now the offense looking like a cohesive unit, moving the ball

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:56 pm

Bell looking tentative on that run but the browns did have the line stacked

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Bell with a great spin move that ends in a TD. Helluva move by Bell to avoid the tackle in the backfield.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 2:12 pm

and with a minute to go in the first half, Steelers up 14, bengals up by 4, jets and dolphins tied

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 2:18 pm

at halftime Steelers up 14-0. Looking good for the 1pm games.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 2:28 pm

with 3 seconds left, the jets take a 14-7 lead

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 2:37 pm

would like to see a DEF TD today too.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 2:43 pm

defense does it again, holding this time on 4th down.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 17: STeelers v browns   Week 17: STeelers v browns Empty

Back to top Go down

Week 17: STeelers v browns
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next