Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers sign NT Cam Thomas Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas Empty
PostSubject: Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas   Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 8:14 pm

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers finally added a body -- and a super-sized one at that -- to their depleted defensive line.

The team signed Cam Thomas to a two-year contract on Friday, and it will be interesting to see what the addition of the former San Diego Chargers nose tackle means for Steve McLendon.

The Steelers can entertain the possibility of moving McLendon from nose tackle to defensive end, though that is anything but a given despite the need that they have at the position.

Thomas may be more of a traditional nose tackle than McLendon, and the 6-4, 330-pounder started 10 games there last season and recorded 23 tackles while intercepting a pass.

Thomas also has the flexibility to play defensive end, and his signing at the very least adds depth to the defensive line.

Thomas, whose nickname is "Baby Zilla," is only 27 years old and he was a fifth-round pick by the Chargers in the 2010 NFL draft. The Steelers had been interested in him when he was coming out of the University of North Carolina.
http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/5452/steelers-sign-nt-cam-thomas

Anyone know anything about this guy?

Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas   Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Yeah, he big.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas   Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 5:04 am

Sounds like a good signing. Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas 2087824411 2 free agents in 2 weeks. Is this a record for us? Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas 1797695198 
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas   Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 9:18 am

solardave wrote:
Sounds like a good signing. Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas 2087824411 2 free agents in 2 weeks. Is this a record for us? Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas 1797695198 

It's only a record because it's the front end of FA  Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas 1797695198 

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas   Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 2:21 pm

I didn't know much of anything about Cam before yesterday. From what I've read, I'm not too impressed. Sounds like nothing more than a body for depth.

Here's Depot's take:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/03/steelers-added-cam-thomas-for-depth-purposes/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas   Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers sign NT Cam Thomas
Page 1 of 1