Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMoore making seamless transition with Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Moore making seamless transition with Steelers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Moore making seamless transition with Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Moore making seamless transition with Steelers   Moore making seamless transition with Steelers EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 11:11 pm

By Alan Robinson

Those 346 receptions and 38 touchdowns he had in New Orleans apparently don't impress Steelers wide receiver Lance Moore's new landlords.

“They've kind of treated me like an older child,” Moore said, laughing. “But as long as I keep my area clean, I'm pretty good.”

At least Bruce and Miranda Gradkowski aren't giving him a curfew. Moore has reunited with Gradkowski, his teammate and roommate at Toledo, by bunking at the backup quarterback's house until he finds his own place.

But if there's anybody in Pittsburgh that Moore already feels at home with, it's Ben Roethlisberger. They've meshed so well since the start of offseason practices, it's led to an expansion of Moore's perceived role.

Expected to be the slot receiver replacement for Jerricho Cotchery, Moore also is showing up in two-receiver sets as well as the expanded packages.

“Lance is a pro. He's a great professional,” Roethlisberger said. “He's going to be really good, and I think we're going to have a good connection. There were a few things (in practice) that were just a foot off. A pass I threw a little bit outside, he thought I was going in. Those little things we can work on, and that's what camp is going to be about.”

With no clear front-runner to replace Emmanuel Sanders — Markus Wheaton, Justin Brown, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Martavis Bryant are in the mix — the 5-foot-9 Moore might end up as the unexpected starter.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6294791-74/moore-lance-saints#ixzz3594nR0Tl
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Moore making seamless transition with Steelers   Moore making seamless transition with Steelers EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 11:13 pm

I still grumble that him and Gradkowski are from Toledo...  Moore making seamless transition with Steelers 1505004552 

On a serious note- I think he'll have a solid season for us.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Moore making seamless transition with Steelers   Moore making seamless transition with Steelers EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 11:18 pm

Whyant5 wrote:
I still grumble that him and Gradkowski are from Toledo...  Moore making seamless transition with Steelers 1505004552 

On a serious note- I think he'll have a solid season for us.

A few months ago, I would have been happy if he was just able to fill Cotchery's role. But there's certainly nothing wrong with exceeding expectations.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Moore making seamless transition with Steelers   Moore making seamless transition with Steelers EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Oh I bet he will go way above that. Cotch (to me) was good like a lifeboat is good: you don't want it to be your first option, but you are sure (and very very hopeful) that it's a sure thing when called upon.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Moore making seamless transition with Steelers   Moore making seamless transition with Steelers EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 11:32 pm

The good news (now, not then) is that Sanders didn't set the bar very high as a No. 2 receiver. I strongly believe that whoever lines up on the other side of A. Brown is going to be every bit as productive as Sanders (and probably more). I wasn't expecting Moore to have a shot at being the No. 2, but having a veteran receiver in that position would be a positive.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Moore making seamless transition with Steelers   Moore making seamless transition with Steelers EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 6:46 am

Due to fantasy football, I've watch Moore's role with the Saints. That and the fact that the Saints have been on TV a lot over the last few years. I digress. I viewed how reliable Moore had become over the years and the fact that he was 'that guy' when the Saints need a catch past the first down markers.

I believe he never got a shot at being a #1 WR because, well the saints don't have a #1 WR. Drew Breese moved the ball around and shared the wealth with anyone and everyone who could catch the ball.

The Steelers don't have that luxury but having Moore in the mix to push others to get better, will only improve our WR corp.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Moore making seamless transition with Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moore making seamless transition with Steelers   Moore making seamless transition with Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Moore making seamless transition with Steelers
Page 1 of 1