Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers   Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 11:17 pm

A source with knowledge of the situation confirmed with Behind the Steel Curtain Wednesday the Steelers have strong interest in free agent cornerback Brandon Flowers, and a visit with team officials in the near future may be the next step.

The source said the team is trying to get Flowers out to Pittsburgh, but he is scheduled to meet with the Chargers first.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora also reported the team's interest, and confirmed Flowers will be in San Diego over the next two days.

Read more: http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014-steelers-free-agency/2014/6/18/5822444/steelers-free-agency-brandon-flowers-interest-signing-contract

Thoughts?

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers   Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 11:26 pm

I'm really not too familiar with him, so I can't give an informed opinion. But at least they're still trying to address the cornerback position. I'm always in favor of upgrading or adding depth to any position, especially one that needed attention coming into the offseason. Too many times in the past, they seemed to have the attitude of "we're going with what we've got" when what they had wasn't good enough (see offensive line).

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers   Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 6:47 am

I know there's been a lot of hoopla about him, and if we can get younger in that area with a talented player...well, I'm all for it.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers   Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 6:44 pm

My question would be why he got cut in KC? Was it a cap issue? Is he just not as good as they thought he would be. Or can we sign a good CB at a good price? OK my questions would be. Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers 1797695198 
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers   Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 6:57 pm

solardave wrote:
My question would be why he got cut in KC? Was it a cap issue? Is he just not as good as they thought he would be. Or can we sign a good CB at a good price? OK my questions would be. Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers 1797695198 

I hear the concerns, but really the Steelers have had questions about previous persons. Remember Bettis? Washed up? Lacked work ethic? etc. One of the best trades the Steelers have ever made. I know this isn't a trade, but something tells me this was more of a conflict in coaching vs. player...similar to Revis and the Bucs.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers   Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 12:43 am

Quote :
Source: Flowers has no plans to visit

By Scott Brown
ESPN.com

PITTSBURGH -- Brandon Flowers left San Diego without a contract but the free-agent cornerback is not headed to Pittsburgh.

Flowers has no plans to visit the Steelers, according to a source, despite the latter’s reported interest in him. Flowers met with the Chargers earlier this week but the two sides did not agree to a deal before the end of his visit.

The Steelers are keeping their options open as far as adding to veteran players to their roster.

“I’m not opposed to anything that will increase our chances of winning. We’re open to all possibilities,” coach Mike Tomlin said at the conclusion of offseason practices.

READ MORE: http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/7267/flowers-has-no-plans-to-visit-steelers

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers   Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 4:53 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :
Source: Flowers has no plans to visit

By Scott Brown
ESPN.com

PITTSBURGH -- Brandon Flowers left San Diego without a contract but the free-agent cornerback is not headed to Pittsburgh.

Flowers has no plans to visit the Steelers, according to a source, despite the latter’s reported interest in him. Flowers met with the Chargers earlier this week but the two sides did not agree to a deal before the end of his visit.

The Steelers are keeping their options open as far as adding to veteran players to their roster.

“I’m not opposed to anything that will increase our chances of winning. We’re open to all possibilities,” coach Mike Tomlin said at the conclusion of offseason practices.

READ MORE: http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/7267/flowers-has-no-plans-to-visit-steelers

Interesting...

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers   Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 5:46 am

I guess he's more worried about the money than he is winning a championship.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers   Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 1:18 am

stlrtruck wrote:

This was another issue I thought could happen. The money issue. If that's all that drives him we don't need him. Don't get me wrong I'd love a quality CB but not one who only cares about money.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers   Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 10:35 am

solardave wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

This was another issue I thought could happen. The money issue. If that's all that drives him we don't need him. Don't get me wrong I'd love a quality CB but not one who only cares about money.

I agree. So long, see ya.

Maybe his agent should remind him that greatness has never been measured by the size of your contract.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers   Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Interested in Free Agent Brandon Flowers
Page 1 of 1