Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)

Go down 
+3
Tom_the_Torch
stlrtruck
Wallace108
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:17 am

Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) Browns_gameday_header_46026

Five more days!

For those who will be on during the game, there are two options for discussion. You can participate either in this thread or in the chatbox, which is located at the bottom of the forum. Only Steelers Xtreme members who are logged in are able to view the chatbox. PM one of the admins if you have any questions about it.

HERE WE GO!!! Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) 792589548

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:19 am

Quote :
Polamalu thinks Manziel package can work better than Tebow

Posted by Darin Gantt

Other teams have tried to use the run-around backup quarterback as a change of pace.

But Steelers safety Troy Polamalu thinks it might actually work with the Browns and Johnny Manziel, so that’s what he’s focusing on this week.

“The thing about it, New York tried to do that with Tim Tebow a little bit,” Polamalu said, via Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “But Tebow’s a guy you have to just play and play and grind out the entire game. I don’t think Johnny is that type of guy. I think if Johnny came into the game, he would make some splashes, he doesn’t need to get into a rhythm.”

READ MORE: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/02/troy-polamalu-thinks-manziel-package-can-work-better-than-tebow/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 11:40 am

I agree that Manziel can make some splash plays when he's in, but I really believe that if you let Shazier shadow him when he's in, Mr. Johnny Football won't be playing a long time. The thing about mobile QBs is that they aren't as mobile when they're starting to get beaten and bruised.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Tom_the_Torch
Xtreme Newb
Tom_the_Torch

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:39 pm

Hit Manziel hard a few times and he won't be running around. Honestly, I think the kid is going to get broken in half by some of the DE's/OLB's in this league.

Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) Disposition_zps3e9f0204

"He had no teethe,and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, you can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant. I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of here!" - John Elway after getting knocked out of his first career start by Jack Lambert

"If I could live my life over, I'd be a football player, and you damn well better believe I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler!" - Jack Lambert in his Hall of Fame acceptance speech
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 3:47 pm

So this afternoon as I was walking about my office, I noticed that in one of the new groups that just moved on to our floor, this guy had a browns helmet in plain sight.  Viewable.  For all to see.

Most of the browns fans I know admit their a browns fan but don't display paraphernalia like normal fans.  They hide it.

I don't know what to do.  Do I approach the guy?  Do I just stand back and laugh?  Do I begin an office pool to see how long the helmet stays up?

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Tom_the_Torch wrote:
Hit Manziel hard a few times and he won't be running around. Honestly, I think the kid is going to get broken in half by some of the DE's/OLB's in this league.

I just got done responding in the James Harrison thread. Man, it would be great to see Harrison welcome Johnny Football into the NFL.

stlrtruck wrote:
So this afternoon as I was walking about my office, I noticed that in one of the new groups that just moved on to our floor, this guy had a browns helmet in plain sight.  Viewable.  For all to see.

Most of the browns fans I know admit their a browns fan but don't display paraphernalia like normal fans.  They hide it.

I don't know what to do.  Do I approach the guy?  Do I just stand back and laugh?  Do I begin an office pool to see how long the helmet stays up?

When he's not looking, throw it in the trash where it belongs. Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 4:06 pm

Put some toilet paper on top of it with a note that says "All brown things like this need to be flushed"

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 6:22 pm

Just say "Sorry for your loss" and walk away.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 1:06 pm

I haven't said anything to the guy yet, but every time I walk past the helmet I just get the SEG on my face. Like not only that he's a browns fan, but that he so proudly displays the helmet.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Tom_the_Torch
Xtreme Newb
Tom_the_Torch

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Browns fans have this disease called Suckitis. They are all cocky for no reason, telling other people that their team "sucks" and acting like their team has sniffed the playoffs this decade.

"He had no teethe,and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, you can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant. I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of here!" - John Elway after getting knocked out of his first career start by Jack Lambert

"If I could live my life over, I'd be a football player, and you damn well better believe I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler!" - Jack Lambert in his Hall of Fame acceptance speech
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 7:42 pm

Tom_the_Torch wrote:
Browns fans have this disease called Suckitis. They are all cocky for no reason, telling other people that their team "sucks" and acting like their team has sniffed the playoffs this decade.

Every year in the preseason is "their year" and every year after week 6 they start planning for next year's draft. I hate the Browns. Let's mauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul them.

Xtreme Newb
Tom_the_Torch

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 7:52 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
Tom_the_Torch wrote:

Every year in the preseason is "their year" and every year after week 6 they start planning for next year's draft.  I hate the Browns.  Let's mauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul them.

I freaking live in the Greater Cleveland Area. I have to deal with these jagoffs year freaking round. Not every idiot is a Browns fan, but every Browns fan is an idiot.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 7:57 pm

I went to school at BGSU and for some reason, a lot of the Cleveland kids went there. What does that mean? When they graduate, many stay in the area. Holy crap are they annoying.

They thought that 0-4 crap last year was HILARIOUS (even though we had the chance for the playoffs at the end of the year)

Xtreme Newb
Tom_the_Torch

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:45 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
I went to school at BGSU and for some reason, a lot of the Cleveland kids went there.  What does that mean?  When they graduate, many stay in the area.  Holy crap are they annoying.

They thought that 0-4 crap last year was HILARIOUS (even though we had the chance for the playoffs at the end of the year)

BGSU is a D1 athletics school, is "affordable," and close enough to Cleveland to go home for a weekend. Hence why it's so popular with Cleveland students.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 9:03 am

Tom_the_Torch wrote:
I freaking live in the Greater Cleveland Area. I have to deal with these jagoffs year freaking round. Not every idiot is a Browns fan, but every Browns fan is an idiot.

Here in the Youngstown area, it's evenly spit between Browns fans and Steelers fans. Actually, there are probably a lot more Browns fans, but the gap has closed in the past 20 years because of the Steelers' success and the Browns' sucktitude.

While the Ravens are at the top of most Steelers fans' hate list, for a lot of us in Northeast Ohio, the Browns are still the most hated rival. A lot of people say they don't hate the Browns as much because they have sucked for so long. But it doesn't matter. All it takes is one friggin' win against the Steelers for Browns fans to lose their minds and act like they just won the Super Bowl. Thankfully, it's been extremely peaceful here ever since the Browns returned. But we're always just one loss away from a month or two of obnoxious smack talk.

Back to top Go down
Tom_the_Torch
Xtreme Newb
Tom_the_Torch

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 9:44 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Tom_the_Torch wrote:

Here in the Youngstown area, it's evenly spit between Browns fans and Steelers fans. Actually, there are probably a lot more Browns fans, but the gap has closed in the past 20 years because of the Steelers' success and the Browns' sucktitude.

While the Ravens are at the top of most Steelers fans' hate list, for a lot of us in Northeast Ohio, the Browns are still the most hated rival. A lot of people say they don't hate the Browns as much because they have sucked for so long. But it doesn't matter. All it takes is one friggin' win against the Steelers for Browns fans to lose their minds and act like they just won the Super Bowl. Thankfully, it's been extremely peaceful here ever since the Browns returned. But we're always just one loss away from a month or two of obnoxious smack talk.

Ain't that the truth!

If you poll Browns fans this question: Would you rather go 14-2 and win the Super Bowl but have those two losses be to the Steelers or go 2-14 and beat the Steelers twice?

9/10 Browns fans would rather go 2-14 and beat the Steelers twice. We are their Super Bowl. It's really pathetic. Cleveland fans root against their rivals harder than they root for their own teams.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 1:08 pm

And people seriously wonder why I hate Cleveland teams. It's a pretty simple answer: it's an embarrassment of a sports town. Not only the lack of championships, but the Browns AND LeBron leaving. Come on man...

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 12:13 am

Well, we are just over 12 hours until kickoff and I'm freakin' stoked. It's been a great weekend for me, had Friday off, got some things done around the house, today PSU won, O-Bye-O lost to the Hokies, and tomorrow I'll be at my spot at O'Briens Irish Pub with the rest of the Black and Gold Fan Club in Tampa.

GO STEELERS

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 12:56 pm

HERE WE GO!! Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) 3056903510

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 1:13 pm

Gameday!

I'll admit it. I'm nervous.....probably because of the Philly preseason game. Unfortunately they are broadcasting the Oakland game here in Cali -- HOW DARE THEY!

I predict that BB is going to be awesome and Shazier is going to shine

Go Steelers! Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) 3056903510 Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) 3056903510 Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) 3056903510

Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Steeltown beatdown

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:07 pm

Would like to see more running, but offense looks good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)   Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Browns thread (Week 1)
Page 1 of 1