Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs Panthers predictions Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs Panthers predictions

Go down 
+3
Wallace108
solardave
Gingerchip
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Steelers vs Panthers predictions Empty
PostSubject: Steelers vs Panthers predictions   Steelers vs Panthers predictions EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 9:30 pm

Any one dare or care to make final score predictions for Sunday Nights game?

Steelers vs Panthers predictions We_bel10
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Panthers predictions   Steelers vs Panthers predictions EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:14 am

Steelers-23
Panthers-20 OT
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Panthers predictions   Steelers vs Panthers predictions EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:30 am

I think this is the game where we'll learn what this team is made of. Quite honestly, I'm not concerned about a win or a loss in this game. I just want to see both sides of the ball play hard and look respectable. If they do that and get beat, I'll be OK with it. If they play like they did last week and in the second half of the Browns game, I won't be amused even if they somehow win. I just want this team to show some heart (and smart play).

Steelers: 20
Panthers: 13

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Panthers predictions   Steelers vs Panthers predictions EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:39 am

Ok. Here goes.

Let me state for the record that I hope and pray I am wrong, but I have to go with my gut:

Carolina 27
Steelers 17

I just don't have any faith in our defense. But I will be so happy to be wrong.

PLEASE LET ME BE WRONG  Steelers vs Panthers predictions 1426860608 Steelers vs Panthers predictions 1426860608 Steelers vs Panthers predictions 1426860608

Steelers vs Panthers predictions We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Panthers predictions   Steelers vs Panthers predictions EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 6:58 am

I think if we can get a few hits in early on Cam, he'll get off his rhythm and the offense will crumble with him.  Question is, can our offense get it back together?

Steelers 17
Panthers 10

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Panthers predictions   Steelers vs Panthers predictions EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 11:34 am

Steelers 24
Panthers 13

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs Panthers predictions 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Panthers predictions   Steelers vs Panthers predictions EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 4:14 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I think this is the game where we'll learn what this team is made of. Quite honestly, I'm not concerned about a win or a loss in this game. I just want to see both sides of the ball play hard and look respectable. If they do that and get beat, I'll be OK with it. If they play like they did last week and in the second half of the Browns game, I won't be amused even if they somehow win. I just want this team to show some heart (and smart play).

Steelers: 20
Panthers: 13

I agree up until the "I won't be amused even if they somehow win" part. I would like to see effort, make that serious effort on both sides. For 4 quarters too. We can beat this team in their house if we play as a team. We need to gang tackle on defense as well as cover that beast rookie they have. We need to get to Newton and remind him why his ribs hurt.We need to protect Ben, catch everything thrown to us. Receivers need to block and we have to be able to run out some clock time. I believe Bell can do that with a good effort from the line.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Panthers predictions   Steelers vs Panthers predictions EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 5:37 pm

We are 4-1 all time with them, but these are different teams and times...unfortunately, we take an L here based on what I've seen so far from this "defense".

Steelers: 14
Panthers: 27

Tom_the_Torch
Xtreme Newb
Tom_the_Torch

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Panthers predictions   Steelers vs Panthers predictions EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Steelers: 24
Panthers: 21

Steelers win on a last minute field goal.

Defense doesn't look like Steelers vs Panthers predictions 2967646000 but doesn't dominate either. However, they get enough stops to win the game.

Offense gets back on track against a damn good defense.

Steelers vs Panthers predictions Disposition_zps3e9f0204

"He had no teethe,and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, you can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant. I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of here!" - John Elway after getting knocked out of his first career start by Jack Lambert

"If I could live my life over, I'd be a football player, and you damn well better believe I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler!" - Jack Lambert in his Hall of Fame acceptance speech
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Panthers predictions   Steelers vs Panthers predictions EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 5:55 pm

I think the first 3 drives of the game will tell the story of how the game will go.

I hope the Steelers are pissed off so they don't get pissed on. Steelers vs Panthers predictions 2967646000

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Panthers predictions   Steelers vs Panthers predictions EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 6:42 pm

From Matthew Berry's "Love/Hate" of fantasy football for week 3 (which had Mike Wallace on the cover)

QBs he hates for week 3:
Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh: Once. In his past nine road games, Big Ben has thrown for more than two touchdowns only once. And that was against the Patriots* in a 55-31 shootout. The Panthers are definitely weaker without Greg Hardy, but even without him, this is a great defense. Since 2013, only the Seahawks have allowed fewer fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks than the Panthers have.

Running Backs:
LeVeon Bell, Pittsburgh: You probably don't have better options, but no red zone carries last week (the first time since Week 12 of last season) and since last season, the Panthers have allowed only four rushing touchdowns, fewest in the league. Outside my top 10, where he normally sits, so he makes the hate list this week.

Wide Recievers:
Markus Wheaton, Pittsburgh: Love his talent, he'll make a good buy-low after this week, but this is entirely about matchup. Since 2013, only the Dolphins have allowed fewer receiving touchdowns to opposing wide receivers than the Panthers have.

Read more:http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/TMR140918/matthew-berry-love-hate-week-3-fantasy-football-season-sleepers-busts

YEEEESH Steelers vs Panthers predictions 1505004552 Steelers vs Panthers predictions 1505004552

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Panthers predictions   Steelers vs Panthers predictions EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Revised...37-13 Carolina.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Panthers predictions   Steelers vs Panthers predictions EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 6:06 pm

solardave wrote:
I agree up until the "I won't be amused even if they somehow win" part.

What I meant is that I won't be happy with an ugly win. I know everyone always says a win is a win, but with the way this team has looked for six out of eight quarters, I want to see some heart and solid play. I know wins are important, but right now I'd rather them play well and lose to a better team than win ugly and wake up Monday morning knowing we're 2-1 but we still suck. Obviously, playing well AND winning would be the best scenario.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Panthers predictions   Steelers vs Panthers predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs Panthers predictions
Page 1 of 1