Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America Empty
PostSubject: Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America   Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 4:02 pm

Fox Sports writer Clay Travis released on article in August titled the Ten Dumbest Fan Bases In America. This article was recently shared to me, as a joke, from my soon-to-be brother-in-law (since he's a salty Colts fan who still can't come to grips with Ben Roethlisberger's record shattering, Colt-stomping performance last Sunday.)

For those who are unfamiliar, Mr. Travis ranked the Pittsburgh Steelers as the sixth dumbest fan base in America. But unlike satire from websites like The Onion, Clay Travis' take on the subject was anything but funny, playing off of rude stereotypes and coming off incredibly mean-spirited.

Read more here: http://www.steelcityunderground.com/2014/10/29/pittsburgh-steelers-6th-dumbest-fan-base-in-america/

http://steelcityunderground.com
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America   Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 6:29 pm

Thanks Crash for bringing down the IQ of Steeler Nation.... Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America 2913999526 Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America 2913999526 Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America 2913999526

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America   Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 1:36 am

Quote :
Thanks Crash for bringing down the IQ of Steeler Nation....    

Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America 1797695198

I'm afraid to read it as I will more than likely become extremely irritated.

Who is #1?

Edit: ewwwwwwww. I just read it. What is the deal with this guy, seriously? Does he have some personal vendetta against Pittsburgh? I love your responses. Intelligent and cool-headed. Will this dude actually get to see your responses?

Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America We_bel10
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America   Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 1:56 am

SteelersYak wrote:
Thanks Crash for bringing down the IQ of Steeler Nation.... Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America 2913999526 Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America 2913999526 Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America 2913999526

Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America   Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 2:02 am

Wait....you did say this guy is a sports writer, correct?

Puhleez. All he has demonstrated is his own ignorance and stupidity, and that he is able to write an article based on stereotypes. It's hard to believe this guy gets paid to write pure trash and I'm talking about the article as a whole.

Might as well be Crash's brother.

Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America   Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 6:35 am

Yea, that guy is a jealous fan.  He wanted to pick one of the biggest and best fan bases just so his article can get some publicity.  Steeler Nation travels better than any other fan base in the world.  Other teams have tried to replicate the Terrible Towel.  The 6 SB rings draw envy from MANY teams/fans.  The list goes on.

If this article (the original, not SCU's) were in print, it wouldn't even be up to caliber for me to wipe my ass with it. Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America 1401235891

Steelerella

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America   Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 7:00 pm

Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America 3562723908 at all of your comments.

For one, Clay Travis is not a jealous fan or a serious sports writer. Opinionated, quick on his feet and completely unafraid to wade into controversy is the best way to describe him. He makes a living and gained his popularity on stirring the pot. He is from where I live and was HUGE on the radio before he got on Fox Sports. I would take his writings with a grain of salt. He lives for people who take him seriously and make the comments you all have above. I suggest checking him out Twitter (if you have one) to get an idea of what he is about. His mentions on a daily basis is pure gold.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America   Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 8:46 pm

I may have to check him out.

I still stand by my comments though. Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America 3807339578

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America   Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America Empty

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers: 6th Dumbest Fan Base In America
Page 1 of 1