Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWheaton Busy Working On His Hands  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands

Go down 
+6
Steel Peon
Mach1
BlackAndGold
Fire Arians
SteelersYak
Wallace108
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  Empty
PostSubject: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 3:02 pm

By Dave Bryan

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Markus Wheaton is heading into his third season and big things are expected out of the Oregon State product in 2015, according to offensive coordinator Todd Haley.

On Tuesday, the Steelers former third-round draft pick posted a video on his Instagram account that featured him working on his hands as he caught several passes from a jugs machine.

READ MORE: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/04/video-steelers-wr-markus-wheaton-busy-working-on-his-hands/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 7:10 pm

I don't remember his hands being terrible but I'm sure they can always improve. He's no Larry Fitzgerald.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 8:11 pm

his hands are fine imo, he just needs to get on the same page as ben.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:42 pm

With all the talk focusing on the emergence of Bryant last season, I think it was overlooked that Wheaton had a decent year. I agree with Fire Arians that Wheaton and Ben weren't always on the page at times early, but they got there as the season progressed. I look for him to have a breakout season this year.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 1:16 am

Wheaton had some clutch catches last season, but yes him and Ben not being on the same page consistently was annoying but seemed to get better at the end.

I expect him to be great playing in the slot next season while Brown & Bryant get the attention on the outside

Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 1:57 am

As long as he's not taking lessons from Ike.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 2:04 am

Mach1 wrote:

Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  741483031

When Drizz shows up, you just made a friend for life.

Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 2:30 am

I'm in no way saying that Wheaton is a bum, but we've been spoiled for a while now with some solid #2 WRs, and Markus looks a lot more like most of the #3s we've had over the years. Most will not be concerned however, figuring that Bryant looks to assume that position next season. That being said, I have no doubts that Wheaton will be an incredibly solid #3 + slot receiver. With all of the other pieces in place on offense, Haley should have a pretty solid strategy come week 1.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 2:45 am

Steel Peon wrote:
I'm in no way saying that Wheaton is a bum, but we've been spoiled for a while now with some solid #2 WRs, and Markus looks a lot more like most of the #3s we've had over the years. Most will not be concerned however, figuring that Bryant looks to assume that position next season. That being said, I have no doubts that Wheaton will be an incredibly solid #3 + slot receiver. With all of the other pieces in place on offense, Haley should have a pretty solid strategy come week 1.

I read a few weeks ago that it's going to be an open competition for the No. 2 spot between Bryant and Wheaton. That's great. I think most fans expect Bryant to grab it. Personally, I'm not so sure. I think Wheaton might surprise some people. Either way, the situation is going to force both of them to step it up, which only benefits the team.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 7:12 am

We have 3 very talented receivers and they are all solid in different ways. I can't wait to see what another year of working together has done for this crew.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 3:03 pm

Mach1 wrote:

Or SWEEEEED!! Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  1797695198
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 3:14 pm

I'd like to say welcome to the board,Steel Peon, Black and Gold and Fire Arians. Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  3121608646

We can always use some itelligent insight (because up until now) speaking for myself it has been insight only. Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  3562723908
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 3:22 pm

Mach1 wrote:

Here here!! Ike is teaching classes this year on how to hold, draw PI's, and drop everything thrown at you. Hopefully he will set up shop right outside of Baltimore...

Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 6:55 pm

Ike Taylor wrote:
We had some scientists come in this week and set up some equipment for some research on me, and it turns out there's some kind of "Anti-Catching" energy field surrounding me, which really screws the guys I'm covering, but since I'm right in the middle of it, it's a million times more potent for me. I'm kinda like a Black-Hole, except it's just the opposite effect, where hardly anything ever gets pulled in. I've learned to live with it though, and I just count myself lucky that I don't have what Cortez has, which is what those science dudes called a "Static-Cling" field, where everyone around him is extra sticky, but it only works in his favor when he gets the ball all to himself.
Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  79532918
PS: And yes, I know that last joke would only make sense if Cortez was anywhere near the receiver he's covering, but I think you know what I mean. Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  2087824411

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 7:45 pm

This WR corps will be scary good as soon as we re-sign Santonio Holmes. *insert pot stirring emoticon here*

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 7:50 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
This WR corps will be scary good as soon as we re-sign Santonio Holmes. *insert pot stirring emoticon here*

Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  1689750825 Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  1689750825

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 7:53 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  1689750825 Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  1689750825

Crap! I couldn't find it!!! Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  294855916

Damn these old eyes!!!

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 7:58 pm

It's okay, Buddha. You are just out of practice.

A few of these ( Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  1824088959 ) and you will be Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  1968340083 right back into shape! Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  1797695198

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:04 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
It's okay, Buddha.  You are just out of practice.

A few of these ( Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  1824088959 ) and you will be Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  1968340083 right back into shape!  Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  1797695198

Kiss my ( * ). Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  1378315869

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 9:01 pm

@Buddha Bus is working with his mouth

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:15 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
With all the talk focusing on the emergence of Bryant last season, I think it was overlooked that Wheaton had a decent year.

He did, and despite his struggles to get on the same page with ben, he did have a better season than Sanders did in his first year as a starter, and that was Sanders' 3rd season in the NFL. Wheaton imo is a better fit in this offense than Sanders was.

Sanders (2012)      rec 44 yds 626 avg 14.2 lg 37  td 1

Wheaton (2014)     rec 53 yds 644 avg 12.2 lg 47T td 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands    Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands  Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheaton Busy Working On His Hands
Page 1 of 1