Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGreetings, Earthlings Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Greetings, Earthlings

Go down 
+2
Buddha Bus
LambertLunatic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LambertLunatic
Xtreme Newb

Greetings, Earthlings Empty
PostSubject: Greetings, Earthlings   Greetings, Earthlings EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 9:04 pm

I was a member of steelersfever, but the site went down. I saw on their facebook page that this was where everyone was going, so being a natural born follower, I followed (stalked) them here.

First, let me admit that I'm a bandwagon fan. I never followed the Steelers, or any football team, until I watched my 1st ever football game on tv. The Steelers were playing the Raiders, and beat them in the last seconds when Franco caught what we now know as the Immaculate Reception. Yep, that was the 1st game I watched. What a beginning, huh? Anyway, I jumped on the Steelers bandwagon that day, and have stayed a fan throughout all of good years and bad.

I'm not a frequent poster, but lurk almost daily. I only post when I think I have something constructive to add or to crack a joke, so my post count won't be too high.

I grew up in Pgh. and lived in Somerset as an adult until 2000, when I moved to Niagara Falls, NY. This puts me in Buffalo Bills country, but most folks around here don't pay much attention to the Bills. I guess that means I'm not really in Bills country so much as bandwagon country. Sad, aint it?

As my idol, Forest Gump would say, "that's all I'm going to say about that".
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, Earthlings   Greetings, Earthlings EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 11:29 pm

Welcome, LL! A lot of the SF faithful are indeed here. And I don't consider you a bandwagon fan if you stuck it out through the Malone, Brister, Tomczak, Kordell years. You paid your dues like me!

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, Earthlings   Greetings, Earthlings EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 12:48 am

LambertLunatic wrote:
I'm not a frequent poster, but lurk almost daily.  I only post when I think I have something constructive to add or to crack a joke, so my post count won't be too high.

Welcome to SX @LambertLunatic. Greetings, Earthlings 230572241

We need to lure you out of lurker mode. Will having your own smilie do the trick? Greetings, Earthlings 2432665661

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, Earthlings   Greetings, Earthlings EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 8:20 am

Welcome to the forum @LambertLunatic.

And thanks for the compliment of being called an Earthling. Not everyone thinks I'm from this planet.... Greetings, Earthlings 755331329

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, Earthlings   Greetings, Earthlings EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 11:58 pm

Welcome @LambertLunatic.

As Buddha said, you can't possibly be a bandwagon fan if you stuck by team throughout the 80's and 90's -- especially the Malone days (there is a whole thread on this forum somewhere dedicated to Malone/Stewart and who was better, or worse Greetings, Earthlings 1797695198 Personally, I liked Brister because I thought he was super cute....

Either way, love your sig. Lambert is one of my all time favorites.

Greetings, Earthlings We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, Earthlings   Greetings, Earthlings EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 12:38 am

Gingerchip wrote:
there is a whole thread on this forum somewhere dedicated to Malone/Stewart and who was better, or worse Greetings, Earthlings 1797695198

That thread was about Stewart and O'Donnell, not Malone. Try all you want, but you can't erase Neil from our history. Greetings, Earthlings 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
LambertLunatic
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, Earthlings   Greetings, Earthlings EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 7:37 am

Wallace108 wrote:

That thread was about Stewart and O'Donnell, not Malone. Try all you want, but you can't erase Neil from our history. Greetings, Earthlings 3798349058

But you can erase Neil from your memory if you drink enough beer or smoke enough weed. Greetings, Earthlings 1557163439

Still, he was possibly the best QB we had between Bradshaw an Ben. If we took away one certain game, of course.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, Earthlings   Greetings, Earthlings EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 2:18 pm

Quote :
That thread was about Stewart and O'Donnell, not Malone. Try all you want, but you can't erase Neil from our history

Unfortunately Greetings, Earthlings 1505004552

Greetings, Earthlings We_bel10
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, Earthlings   Greetings, Earthlings EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:01 pm

Welcome to SX! Glad to see another SF guy here!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, Earthlings   Greetings, Earthlings Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings, Earthlings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Welcome to SX :: Introductions-
Jump to: