Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeEpisode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Episode VII teaser trailer #2

Go down 
+8
The_Joker
Vis
fer69
Lokki
teegre
Buddha Bus
JonM229
SteelerEmpire
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Joker

The_Joker

Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 11:23 am

One thing I am myself confused on is why the Rebel Alliance has become the Resistance. Why wouldn't they form a New Republic, like they so wished? Sure, the First Order is powerful, but nowhere near the level of the original Empire. I'd think it'd make more sense for two rival governments, the New Republican and the First Order, to battle for power. Why are they still a ragtag group of rebels?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
The_Joker

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 11:43 am

The_Joker wrote:
One thing I am myself confused on is why the Rebel Alliance has become the Resistance. Why wouldn't they form a New Republic, like they so wished? Sure, the First Order is powerful, but nowhere near the level of the original Empire. I'd think it'd make more sense for two rival governments, the New Republican and the First Order, to battle for power. Why are they still a ragtag group of rebels?

Nevermind, they actually did form a New Republic. Still, the Resistance is an odd choice of a name...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 3:17 am

The_Joker wrote:
The_Joker wrote:

Nevermind, they actually did form a New Republic. Still, the Resistance is an odd choice of a name...

Guess it depends on just how big The First Order actually is. They might be such a force that the New Republic is actually more of a resistance to them. In the books (which are non-canonical) I don't think the leftover Imperials were ever called "The First Order" they've been more commonly referred to as the Imperial Remnant.

Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 8:09 am

Cannot wait until Saturday! Taking my Dad, youngest brother, and my wife to see the movie. Believe it or not I've never been to the movies with my Dad, and Star Wars is perfect because it came out when he was young at the height of the popularity of the original trilogy. Now we'll see if the old man can handle staying up past 8PM Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 9:04 am

I'm taking my son to see it tonight. We are going to the 7pm 3d showing. I wanted to make sure that we saw it before leaving on our trip to Pittsburgh so that I didn't stumble across spoilers. What an awesome weekend ahead. Star Wars tonight.. Penguins on Saturday (shame that they've been sucking lately), then Steelers/Broncos on Sunday!!
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 12:42 pm

I'm taking the kids (19 and 20) Sunday in IMAX 3d. The theater has redvines so I'll smuggle in twizzlers. The dark side has me.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 12:48 pm

as bad as I want to see it im going to wait a couple of weeks. I cant stand a crowded theater. I will just have to stay away from spoilers

Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 Vasign10

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 12:52 pm

vasteeler wrote:
as bad as I want to see it im going to wait a couple of weeks. I cant stand a crowded theater. I will just have to stay away from spoilers

Same here. Looks like my doomsday prepping will finally pay off.

Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 6o22bn
Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 1664291743

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 12:54 pm

JonM229 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Same here.  Looks like my doomsday prepping will finally pay off.

yeah, I imagine that's what its going to take

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 8:01 pm

Heading out for an 11pm showing tonight for the 3D showing.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 1:49 am

Just a heads up guys please don't post any spoilers if you see it! But if you're seeing it this weekend definitely share your thoughts on it!

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 2:22 am

I've seen all six (prequels and re-releases) with my buddy.  Three days after his son turned 5, we were allowed to show him Episode IV.  My buddy's bro-in-law scored five tickets, and my buddy's son grabbed two of them and said: "These are for me and Tiger."  (Awww)  

I just got home.  9.783 / 10

It is campy, but campy like A New Hope was campy. You can predict most of what's going to happen, but it's still badass; basically, an exercise in execution.  You can see X coming a mile away, and when it gets there, it doesn't disappoint.  

I'm seeing it tomorrow morning, with my pop and my brother.  I'm glad I'm seeing it again so soon.  I'd have watched it again immediately afterwards.  Again, I already know what's coming, but it won't matter: it'll still be great.  

Oh... the locations were amazing.  Minimal CGI.  They used real mountains and real trees and real sand...  

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 3:53 am

teegre wrote:

I've seen all six (prequels and re-releases) with my buddy.  Three days after his son turned 5, we were allowed to show him Episode IV.  My buddy's bro-in-law scored five tickets, and my buddy's son grabbed two of them and said: "These are for me and Tiger."  (Awww)  

It is campy, but campy like A New Hope was campy.  You can predict most of what's going to happen, but it's still badass; basically, an exercise in execution.  You can see X coming a mile away, and when it gets there, it doesn't disappoint.  

I'm seeing it tomorrow morning, with my pop and my brother.  I'm glad I'm seeing it again so soon.  I'd have watched it again immediately afterwards.  Again, I already know what's coming, but it won't matter: it'll still be great.  

Oh... the locations were amazing.  Minimal CGI.  They used real mountains and real trees and real sand...  

Oh the anticipation is building even more for me now! Thanks for the review Teeg, I can't wait until Saturday night!

Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 5:56 am

teegre wrote:

It is campy, but campy like A New Hope was campy.  You can predict most of what's going to happen, but it's still badass; basically, an exercise in execution.  You can see X coming a mile away, and when it gets there, it doesn't disappoint.  

Damnit, now we know there's sand! SPOILER

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 7:55 am

teegre wrote:

Very accurate review. My thoughts exactly.

And Daisy Ridley...she's up there on my top list of women now.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:34 am

Going to see it tomorrow night. I wanted to wait till the crowds died down too, but the wife's birthday is today and she wanted to see it. She said she wanted to "dork out" for her birthday. Weird thing is, I'm more of a Star Wars nerd than she is. Women... go figure. Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 2087824411

Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 Ee7ffacdb22647915dff1a9d3eef0fd8
-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:37 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Going to see it tomorrow night. I wanted to wait till the crowds died down too, but the wife's birthday is today and she wanted to see it. She said she wanted to "dork out" for her birthday. Weird thing is, I'm more of a Star Wars nerd than she is. Women... go figure. Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 2087824411

I'm going to have to drag my wife to see this in theaters. I'm probably going to see Krampus this weekend while everyone else is seeing Star Wars.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 1664291743

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 9:22 am

JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

I'm going to have to drag my wife to see this in theaters.  I'm probably going to see Krampus this weekend while everyone else is seeing Star Wars.

I had to drag the wife to the showing. We ended up sitting in line for 2+hours. It looked like a comic-con around us.

The wife was your typical sorority / party girl growing up who tended to look down upon Star Wars / Star Trek / Lord of the Rings type people [I got the last laugh, she married one!]. She saw Star Wars maybe once in her life, but doesn't really remember anything about it.

For her, it was a surreal experience.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 10:07 am

jak341 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

I'm going to have to drag my wife to see this in theaters.  I'm probably going to see Krampus this weekend while everyone else is seeing Star Wars.

I had to drag the wife to the showing. We ended up sitting in line for 2+hours. It looked like a comic-con around us.

The wife was your typical sorority / party girl growing up who tended to look down upon Star Wars / Star Trek / Lord of the Rings type people [I got the last laugh, she married one!]. She saw Star Wars maybe once in her life, but doesn't really remember anything about it.

My wife just isn't into fiction. Although, she sometimes enjoys high fantasy like Lord of the Rings. I think we were already married when she found out just how much I love Star Wars. She told me the she didn't realize until just now how much of a nerd I am.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 10:17 am

JonM229 wrote:
jak341 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

My wife just isn't into fiction.  Although, she sometimes enjoys high fantasy like Lord of the Rings.  I think we were already married when she found out just how much I love Star Wars.  She told me the she didn't realize until just now how much of a nerd I am.

Mine either. I am going to have to see by myself. my 10 year old doesn't even want to see it. he told me star wars is for old people Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 3201610882

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 10:26 am

vasteeler wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
My wife just isn't into fiction.  Although, she sometimes enjoys high fantasy like Lord of the Rings.  I think we were already married when she found out just how much I love Star Wars.  She told me the she didn't realize until just now how much of a nerd I am.

Mine either. I am going to have to see by myself. my 10 year old doesn't even want to see it. he told me star wars is for old people Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 3201610882

I hope you wrote this on the way back from dropping him off at the orphanage.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 12:44 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

You could take her to see it on a Cosby Date Night. Just a couple of pills in her lemonade and she does anything you want her to.

in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 12:46 pm

vasteeler wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
jak341 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

You may need to have the kid fetch a switch off the backyard tree and commence with some serious "Jedi training".

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 2:35 pm

Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 RnU3MbL

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 3:19 pm

What gives? My post about seeing the movie last night disappeared? Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 2829330259 Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 2087824411

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII teaser trailer #2   Episode VII teaser trailer #2 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Episode VII teaser trailer #2
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next