Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhatcha Eating? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Whatcha Eating?

Go down 
+6
Mach1
Buddha Bus
harrison'samonster
teegre
Galax Steeler
SteelersYak
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 8:16 pm

I thought I would start a thread (maybe there is one already buried around here) that discusses food. I know there are times where I wonder what I could make and just don't have any ideas. I thought this thread could be used to share what people are having for meals (either to complain or to share different dishes), recipes, and tips for making various foods.

Bon appetit! Whatcha Eating? 3337014354

SteelersYak

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 8:22 pm

Breakfast: Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptarts (warmed up, of course)
Lunch: Michelina's "Tuscan inspired" chicken pasta (they are actually pretty good for 1 dollar meals, just not very filling) and honey crisp apple (I am so happy I found out these existed)
Dinner: Mrs. T's loaded baked potato pierogies and Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad (Ranch and Bacon). For the pasta salad, I also add a can of tuna as well as a can of corn. I also eat it warm (aka don't run cold water on the noodles). I started doing this in college and still love this as a meal.

Galax Steeler

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 9:42 pm

Whatcha Eating? Beaver-sitting

teegre

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 11:36 pm

My week day breakfast & lunch are pretty repetitive & banal; my dinners always rock.  

Breakfast:  
Raisin Bran Crunch!  

Lunch/snacks:  
Turkey pastrami sandwich w/ peperoncinis
Apple, blueberries, red pepper, grapes  

Dinner:  
From scratch, marinara sauce (I brown the onions & garlic, while I boil down the tomato juice & red wine; then mix it all together, to meld for an hour).
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 6:52 am

Breakfast: weekdays I have cereal or maybe oatmeal. Weekends I'll spend more time and make either pancakes, french toast, waffles, and sometimes biscuits and gravy. I'll also make fried potatoes and eggs.

lunch: for lunch i'll usually take a sandwich to work and maybe some fruit.

dinner: chili, tacos, spaghetti. I'll think of some more later though

Buddha Bus

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 8:14 am

NOT @stlrtruck's cooking, that's for damned sure! Whatcha Eating? 2217377625  Whatcha Eating? 2744185472

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:39 am

Whatcha Eating? 370203575v4_350x350_Back_Color-White

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:47 am

Cooking is a bit of a hobby of mine. Usually about once a week, I'll try my hand at something I've never made before. Recently, I've done more dessert baking. I've made a ton of cookies, brownies, etc. from scratch. I really don't understand why people still buy mixes. It's so easy, tastes way better, and is typically cheaper as well. The last baking I did was peanut-butter filled chocolate cookies. I brought some in to work so my wife and I wouldn't eat all of them and a co-worker kept asking me where I bought them. Motherfucker, I baked those cookies!

Some other "exotic" foods I've made:
Tamales (all day event, it's fun and worth it though)
French Macarons (the brightly colored cookie sandwiches, not the Jewish coconut cookies)
Ham, Leek, and Gouda Souffle
Pasta from scratch (gotta love picking up a pasta roller at Good Will for $10)
Pierogis from scratch (hooray pasta roller!)
Bagels from scratch
Smoked Whitefish salad
Fresh Mozzarella
Thanksgiving Turkey (made my first one last year, a huge 24 pounder)

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:58 am

Going to try some sauerkraut pierogies tonight I believe. They sound interesting. I've had pierogies before, but not with sauerkraut. Probably have burgers or something else with them.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 10:00 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Going to try some sauerkraut pierogies tonight I believe. They sound interesting. I've had pierogies before, but not with sauerkraut. Probably have burgers or something else with them.

When I made pierogies, I did half with sauerkraut and half with a potato and cheese mixture. The sauerkraut ones were amazing.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 10:19 am

JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

When I made pierogies, I did half with sauerkraut and half with a potato and cheese mixture.  The sauerkraut ones were amazing.

These are store-bought from Wegman's from Delicious Fresh Pierogi Inc. so I'm not sure how they'll be. We had some from that company before that were a little underwhelming as they weren't very flavorful, but we're hoping the sauerkraut ones are more satisfying. We've never actually made pierogies ourselves. Most;y just store-bought fresh or frozen.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:00 pm

I have been using this on burgers that I've tossed on the grill and I think it is delicious. It's not too overpowering and it makes the burgers taste so good that they don't need condiments (IMO). I did have some BBQ sauce on the side that I dipped the burgers in and that complimented it well.

Whatcha Eating? W_norleans_cajun_4ep

I may have to go make a few more now... Whatcha Eating? 3337014354

Master_Of_Puppets

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 9:06 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
I have been using this on burgers that I've tossed on the grill and I think it is delicious.  It's not too overpowering and it makes the burgers taste so good that they don't need condiments (IMO).  I did have some BBQ sauce on the side that I dipped the burgers in and that complimented it well.

Whatcha Eating? W_norleans_cajun_4ep

I may have to go make a few more now... Whatcha Eating? 3337014354
this is my go to seasoning for chicken and burgers

Whatcha Eating? Rotate_seasonings
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 4:54 am

Whatcha Eating? Beaver1

JonM229

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 8:55 am

I'm partial to pink snapper myself (wink!)

Whatcha Eating? Pink-snapper

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 8:58 am

When making waffles, separate your eggs, add the yolks to the recipe as states, then beat your egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the whites into the batter and cook as directed. You should end up with a waffle that has a nice, crispy outside and a light and fluffy inside.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 6:43 pm

JonM229 wrote:
When making waffles, separate your eggs, add the yolks to the recipe as states, then beat your egg whites until stiff peaks form.  Fold the whites into the batter and cook as directed.  You should end up with a waffle that has a nice, crispy outside and a light and fluffy inside.
Whatcha Eating? Ain%27t_nobody_got_time_for_dat
Whatcha Eating? Eggo-Homestyle-Waffles
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 2:43 pm

Primanti Bros is now available to order online from anywhere in the US via Goldbely.com.  The order contains:

-1 Loaf of Primanti’s Italian bread
-Your choice of Primanti’s fresh cut pastrami, capicola, roast beef, corned beef, genoa salami, turkey, or mortadella from Parma Sausage Co.
-Primanti’s cheese
-Primanti’s french fries
-Primanti’s coleslaw
-Tomato
-Red Devil hot sauce
-T-shirt

Whatcha Eating? Primanti-bros-sandwich-pack.87ffadf33e6c6c47816bab94d8760568

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 5:59 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Primanti Bros is now available to order online from anywhere in the US via Goldbely.com.  The order contains:

-1 Loaf of Primanti’s Italian bread
-Your choice of Primanti’s fresh cut pastrami, capicola, roast beef, corned beef, genoa salami, turkey, or mortadella from Parma Sausage Co.
-Primanti’s cheese
-Primanti’s french fries
-Primanti’s coleslaw
-Tomato
-Red Devil hot sauce
-T-shirt

Whatcha Eating? Primanti-bros-sandwich-pack.87ffadf33e6c6c47816bab94d8760568

Why are we hearing this from a Ravens fan?!? This is blasphemy! Whatcha Eating? 2913999526

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 7:58 pm

I ate this hotdog at a golf course and have successfully replicated it at home (it is not difficult):
You take your typical hotdog in the bun and instead of ketchup, mustard, yada yada the toppings are:
sweet pepper jelly, cream cheese, and fried onions.

Delicious.

Last edited by SteelersYak on Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 10:14 pm

I just happen to be making my own cream cheese. Why? Because I'm a better jew than you.

(Yes, it is a competition)

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 6:45 am

JonM229 wrote:
I just happen to be making my own cream cheese. Why? Because I'm a better jew than you.

I'm confused confused

What's the competition? confused

Being a better Jew? Or making a better cream cheese?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Whatcha Eating? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 8:19 am

stlrtruck wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

I'm confused confused

May the best Jew win

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 6:44 am

JonM229 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

I'm confused confused

May the best Jew win

Jew

fer69

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 4:09 pm

Galax Steeler wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

I'm confused confused

May the best Jew win

Jew

Shut up bitch!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whatcha Eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Eating?   Whatcha Eating? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whatcha Eating?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next