Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates

Go down 
+25
SteelersYak
Galax Steeler
kan_t
HeinzMustard
SteelCityUnderground
DesertSteel
kirklandrules
ebsteelersSF
Buddha Bus
ETL
Vis
IowaSteeler927
El-Gonzo Jackson
Austinfrench76
effyou515
tony hipchest
BlackAndGold
SteelersCanada
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
ImperialFan
PhantomJB93
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Fire Arians
TJ22
Wallace108
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates Empty
PostSubject: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:09 pm

Sammie Coates had to wait his turn, but the former Auburn receiver found his new home Friday night.

The Pittsburgh Steelers selected Coates in the third round with the 87th overall pick of the NFL Draft. Coates was the 12th receiver to be selected. He entered the draft projected as a second- or third-round selection.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/05/sammie_coates_nfl_draft.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
TJ22
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:11 pm

I've been following things closely and I have no idea what they are doing. If you wanted a we take strong in the second and golson in the third.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:12 pm

WR pick was a surprise but can you imagine how explosive this offense would be if he pans out?
Back to top Go down
TJ22
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:14 pm

Should've doubled up on cb with golson in the 3rd. Could've had Rollins in the second. It's nice to have more pass catchers but not with the holes on d.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:14 pm

Fire Colbert! Fire the Rooneys!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:15 pm

TJ22 wrote:
I've been following things closely and I have no idea what they are doing. If you wanted a we take strong in the second and golson in the third.

I'm a little confused by the pick, but I would have had a heart attack if they'd taken a WR in round 2. CB was a more pressing need. If Golson was their guy, there's no guarantee he'd be there when they picked in the 3rd.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:36 pm

Obviously not a need but I'm not remotely upset either.

This is a true BPA pick.  Sammie Coates is a GREAT weapon at receiver.  Should have definitely been a 2nd round pick if not a 1st.  Every time I have watched Auburn the past several years, Sammie Coates does something BIG.  I always found myself thinking that whoever got him would be lucky and getting a great receiver.  I truly, truly believe he will supplant Markus Wheaton as the third receiver by year's end.  He is Mike Wallace with more size and better ability to adjust to a catch.  He will absolutely put this offense over the top and I have no doubt this will be in the conversation for the best WR corps in the years to come.  Just imagine all the plays last year where you got upset that DHB or Lance Moore were in the game and missing a catch.  No more.  AB and Bryant on the outside with Wheaton and Coates in the slot?  I'm drooling already.

Obviously we still need another CB, maybe another safety.  Maybe a TE too.  None of those positions had a prospect available who matched up with our draft position.  Absolutely would have been a reach for any of those positions at our pick.  I understand why people are upset and won't criticize those who are, but I don't share that opinion.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:38 pm

Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, Markus Wheaton, Leveon Bell, Heath Miller......... and Ben needs another target? No. Dumb pick. The Steelers hit it out of the park in round one with Dupree, I really think he has potential. We better hope Allen, Blake and J. Jones step it up this year and that Harrison still has something in the tank. What about safety? Why did we take a WR when we don't have a safety? Im sure there is a method to their madness but I just don't get it.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:44 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, Markus Wheaton, Leveon Bell, Heath Miller......... and Ben needs another target? No. Dumb pick. The Steelers hit it out of the park in round one with Dupree, I really think he has potential. We better hope Allen, Blake and J. Jones step it up this year and that Harrison still has something in the tank. What about safety? Why did we take a WR when we don't have a safety? Im sure there is a method to their madness but I just don't get it.

BPA pick, that's what it all boiled down to. It's been their strategy since I could remember but the championship trophies show that it's a winning one.

Miller could also leave the field on the 4-wide packages. Hope the opposition has enough fast corners since all those receivers have sub 4.5 speed. One's the best WR in the league, and 2 of them are big bodied WR's.

Last edited by Fire Arians on Fri May 01, 2015 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:45 pm

Alex Kozora @Alex_Kozora -

Remember that the Steelers ran 11 personnel over 64% of the time last year. One injury and DHB is the #4. Why WR is important to them.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:46 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Remember that the Steelers ran 11 personnel over 64% of the time last year. One injury and DHB is the #4. Why WR is important to them.

Very good point. DHB as the #4 = no bueno
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:49 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

That's a valid point. I love what our offense is becoming but I think an additional WR makes it even better and could make the difference in some games in the years to come. Plus I trust our track record with wide outs.
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:50 pm

Sources inside the Patriots* organization have leaked defensive meetings.

Here is actual footage of the Patriots* trying to figure out who covers Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, Sammie Coates, Markus Wheaton and Heath Miller.

Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates X8Ufi_zps62cda975
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:53 pm

SteelersCanada wrote:
Sources inside the Patriots** organization have leaked defensive meetings.

Here is actual footage of the Patriots** trying to figure out who covers Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, Sammie Coates, Markus Wheaton and Heath Miller.

Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:53 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Plus I trust our track record with wide outs.

especially in the 3rd round...

Sammie Coates has had TD receptions of 88, 68, 68, 67, 57, 56, 39, 38, 36, 34 and 33 yards over the past 2 seasons

— Chris Adamski (@C_AdamskiTrib) May 2, 2015

https://twitter.com/C_AdamskiTrib
Back to top Go down
TJ22
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:56 pm

I will find the article but it stated coated had a lot of drops. Is that an upgrade to dhb? Isn't that his Achilles heal?
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:58 pm

SteelersCanada wrote:
Sources inside the Patriots** organization have leaked defensive meetings.

Here is actual footage of the Patriots** trying to figure out who covers Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, Sammie Coates, Markus Wheaton and Heath Miller.

Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates 1797695198

At this stage i'd say nix miller from that position and add leveon bell
Back to top Go down
TJ22
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:58 pm

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/sammie-coates?id=2552470

A drop rate of 19.1%
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:59 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Sammie Coates has had TD receptions of 88, 68, 68, 67, 57, 56, 39, 38, 36, 34 and 33 yards over the past 2 seasons

Drools. I imagine he's pretty damn fast, Possible returner? It would be nice to get AB off of that even though he's quite good at it.
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:59 pm

TJ22 wrote:
I will find the article but it stated coated had a lot of drops. Is that an upgrade to dhb?  Isn't that his Achilles heal?

They said the same thing about Martavis Bryant. Too raw, too many drops.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

TJ22 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/sammie-coates?id=2552470

A drop rate of 19.1%

martavis bryant also had questionable hands but richard mann did a great job coaching him up. No reason to think he can't do the same thing with coates
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:00 am

Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick so it wouldnt surprise me of we find a talented safety or cornerback in the later rounds. I'm not really sure who is left. Does anyone have any idea if there is any other TE left we could take in a later round. I could see us going Safety-4th Corner-5th TE-6th and pin the tail on the donkey -7th

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:00 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Drools. I imagine he's pretty damn fast, Possible returner? It would be nice to get AB off of that even though he's quite good at it.

Dri Archer
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:01 am

Fire Arians wrote:
SteelersCanada wrote:
Sources inside the Patriots*** organization have leaked defensive meetings.

Here is actual footage of the Patriots*** trying to figure out who covers Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, Sammie Coates, Markus Wheaton and Heath Miller.

Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates 1797695198

At this stage i'd say nix miller from that position and add leveon bell

Yeah but his suspension for week 1 ): if he wasnt suspended all of them would be jumping out that window.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:03 am

In round 1 Ravens drafted a guy named Breshad Perriman who's basically the same exact WR as Coates(BP is Just faster)

I'd say we got the better value

Coates has star upside.

Last edited by BlackAndGold on Sat May 02, 2015 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next