Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLet the HATE Flow through You   Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Let the HATE Flow through You

Go down 
+6
stlrtruck
Pappy
tony hipchest
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Buddha Bus
teegre
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
teegre

teegre

Let the HATE Flow through You   Empty
PostSubject: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:15 pm

Another week, another article from The Point of Pittsburgh.

Let the Hate Flow through You
by Tiger Rowan

For football junkies, there is no worse “low” than the week right after the draft. The juxtaposition between an entire week of media sensationalism and the newsless drought that follows is a shock to the system of football aficionados. Worse yet, I truly believe that this impending withdrawal is foreseen by the majority of Steelers fans, wherein the subconscious release of their underlying anger (caused by the realization that there will be no NFL news for two months) culminates during draft weekend.

Case in point: Steelers fans’ reactions to the Steelers selecting Senquez Golson (CB, Mississippi) in the second round. If you listened to (or read) some Steelers fans’ reactions, you would have thought that Golson had beaten a puppy...

Read more:
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/...w-through-you/

Enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:18 pm

Whoops!!!

http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/let-the-hate-flow-through-you/

Use this link.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:32 pm

Great read, teegre! You hit the nail on the head with Steelers fans. You just can't please a spoiled fanbase no matter what you do. Kevin Colbert may have an even harder job than the PotUS. Let the HATE Flow through You   1797695198

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:36 pm

Good read, thanks Teeg. And I agree about Golson. I understand the concerns about his height and they are fair but at the same time, I think a lot of people are selling him short (pun intended) because of his height. And we are a spoiled fanbase. I understand why but at the same time, I wish more would understand that we have one of the best run teams in sports.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:47 pm

@Buddha

FIRE EVERYONE!!!
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:48 pm

Fire the Rooneys! THey're cheap!
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:50 pm

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Indeed. Jason Varrett is almost identical, and he was (IMO) the best CB in last year's draft. I also think that people forget that BIG cornerbacks have a hard time with guys like AB, OBJ, Emmanual Sanders, Victir Cruz, Jeremy Maclin...

For quick, shifty WRs, you need quick, shifty CBs.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:53 pm

teegre wrote:
Whoops!!!  

http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/let-the-hate-flow-through-you/

Use this link.  

you posted the wrong link. thats the worst thing since drafting Seneca Goflton. Let the HATE Flow through You   1505004552

Let the HATE Flow through You   512807920-FIRE TEEGRE!!!!

. .
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:54 pm

teegre wrote:
@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu  

Indeed.  Jason Varrett is almost identical, and he was (IMO) the best CB in last year's draft.  I also think that people forget that BIG cornerbacks have a hard time with guys like AB, OBJ, Emmanual Sanders, Victir Cruz, Jeremy Maclin...  

For quick, shifty WRs, you need quick, shifty CBs.  
Varrett was actually someone I had my eye on last year though I did not pay attention to his rookie season in SD but I thought he was a good scheme fit for us. Really if Golson was two inches taller, he'd probably be a first round pick. I think the concerns on his height are fair but people really ar selling him short because of that. That play he made in the Bama game was incredible.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:56 pm

The Rooneys are so cheap, they could only afford 5'8" of a 6' tall.

Robert Kraft would have paid for the extra 4 inches.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:59 pm

The Rooneys are so cheap that they pay their linemen in Primanti Bros sandwiches.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:00 pm

@immaculate
Excellent post.

If Verrett had been taller, he would have gone top ten; if Golson had been talker, he would have gone at 22; and, if Skeelo had been a little bit taller, he'd be a baller... and have a good looking girl (he'd call her).
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:06 pm

It's always been like this though even when the league wasn't as pass friendly. The Elway to Marino documentary is more accurately Elway to Marino and then Darrell Green. The thing I love about Golson aside from the picks is that he plays tough. Yeah he's short and nothing will change that outside of a freakish growth spurt but the guy plays taller than he is.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:12 pm

teegre wrote:
@Buddha  

FIRE EVERYONE!!!  

Screw this. Threatening to fire people isn't working. Maybe threatening to set people on fire will scare the FO into pulling their heads out of their asses! Let the HATE Flow through You   Hair-fire

SIGN *DIKIMBE MUTOMBO FOR CB! Let the HATE Flow through You   124247948

*Not the lame troll alter-ego of BlaZeQuietly

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Fri May 08, 2015 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:14 pm

dick sherman is regarded as the best CB in the NFL mainly ibecause he is tall. However, he isnt the fastest CB and antonio brown would eat his lunch.

Ike taylor was one of the taller (and fastest) CB's in the nfl and has covered many of the leagues greats one on one (including the likes of AJ green).

he says the toughest he ever had to cover was steve "short as shit" smith.

steelers will gameplan, and they will be fine. theres a method to their madness even if the fans cant recognize it yet.

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:

how bout your breaux, @Dikembemotombo?

. .
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:17 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

how bout your breaux, @Dikembemotombo?

He bleauxs.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:18 pm

And is more than a little sleaux.

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:18 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
teegre wrote:
@Buddha  

FIRE EVERYONE!!!  

Screw this. Threatening to fire people isn't working. Maybe threatening to set people on fire will scare the FO into pulling their heads out of their asses! Let the HATE Flow through You   Hair-fire

Is that what that actually was on SF? Some guy with a sockpuppet. Man that was annoying. I mean first off aside from the blatant trolling, it wasn't even funny. What Pittsburgh fan calls Big Ben, Big Bob? I mean there's lots of fun with Pittsburgh/Western Pa vernacular. My grandfather moved from Johnstown to Northern Virginia when he was 25 or so and was saying Yinz to the last time I talked to him. But yes Mutumbo for CB! I don't care if he's over 40 years old and one of hte greatest shot blockers in NBA history, sign him! Maybe we'll get a hometown discount because Mutumbo has heard of Pittsburgh.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:22 pm

Fuck D'Tondre Mutumbo as CB.

It's all about Cam Thomas!!!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:24 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
teegre wrote:
@Buddha  

FIRE EVERYONE!!!  

Is that what that actually was on SF? Some guy with a sockpuppet. Man that was annoying. I mean first off aside from the blatant trolling, it wasn't even funny. What Pittsburgh fan calls Big Ben, Big Bob? I mean there's lots of fun with Pittsburgh/Western Pa vernacular. My grandfather moved from Johnstown to Northern Virginia when he was 25 or so and was saying Yinz to the last time I talked to him. But yes Mutumbo for CB! I don't care if he's over 40 years old and one of hte greatest shot blockers in NBA history, sign him! Maybe we'll get a hometown discount because Mutumbo has heard of Pittsburgh.

Yep. Apparently it was BlaZeQuietly with a new account all butthurt about being banned. I can't imagine how the guy ended up in prison with genius like that. Let the HATE Flow through You   2800024739

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:25 pm

Good idea, Buddha. Here is the three-step plan for "helping" the front office of the Pittsburgh Steelers:

1. Pour gasoline.
2. Wait for Sequence Goldberg to allow ONE catch...
3. Strike match.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:25 pm

teegre wrote:
Fuck D'Tondre Mutumbo as CB.  

It's all about Cam Thomas!!!  

Cam Thomas plays safety, you nipple head! Let the HATE Flow through You   1824088959

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:26 pm

I. Wish. That. I. Could. Quite.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:27 pm

Dude... McCULLERS is the safety.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   Empty

Back to top Go down

Let the HATE Flow through You
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next