Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWho Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense?

Go down 
+3
El-Gonzo Jackson
Buddha Bus
SteelCityUnderground
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? Empty
PostSubject: Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense?   Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 2:28 pm

It's been awhile, but I'm back!

Haven't had much to say lately... almost 2 months of beating a dead horse, but I did come up with a creative view on something. From my blog...

Those of you who interact with me on various forums, and social media, know I’m a big pro wrestling fan too. For those that aren’t, don’t close this article yet, you won’t get lost. I promise.

In the 80’s, there was a famed pro wrestling group called the “Four Horsemen.” This stable of 4 wrestlers were the best of the best, holding every title available in the promotions where they competed. This got me thinking about the current Steelers defense: in a 3-4, the 4 Horsemen should be the linebackers. But which linebackers will rise to prominence this season as the “main” 4 guys? Here is my potential list of candidates:

Read More at Steel City Underground

http://steelcityunderground.com
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense?   Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 5:56 pm

Lawrence Timmons, Ryan Shazier, Jarvis Jones, and James Harrison.

Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense?   Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 5:57 pm

:-)

Shazier and Jones have a lot to show yet. Trust me when I tell you, my heart is with Vince Williams, but Sean Spence outperformed them all last season. Either way, the future is bright!

El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense?   Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:14 am

I' gonna go old school Rick Martel and Tito Santana, plus the British Bulldogs if you are a wresting fan. The High flyers of Gagne and Brunzell get honorable mention.

As for the Steelers, I don't see any of them coming off the top rope or working in a figure four leglock in their game.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense?   Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 8:19 am

Rick Martel and 'El Matador' Tito Santana and the British Bulldogs...no way lol

The Hart Foundation (Bret 'Hitman' Hart and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart) and Demolition (here comes the Axe...here comes the Smasher, the Demolition, walking disaster....)

Those we're the 2 best tag teams of the late 80's early 90's.

Now of the more modern era...Edge & Christian, The Hardys and Dudleys; nothing beats those 3 teams during a 2 or 3 year run they had against one another.

Love the 'rasslin' reference though Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? 184121345
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense?   Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 10:17 am

I'll agree on the Hart Foundation and raise you some Road Warriors. Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? 2893009358

As for the modern era, I never stuck around with it as wrestling became too much sizzle and not enough steak for me. It was like listening to U2 albums like War and Joshua Tree and then being subjected to Zooropa. Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? 3211927700
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense?   Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 10:17 am

SteelersNorth wrote:
Rick Martel and 'El Matador' Tito Santana and the British Bulldogs...no way lol

The Hart Foundation (Bret 'Hitman' Hart and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart) and Demolition (here comes the Axe...here comes the Smasher, the Demolition, walking disaster....)

Those we're the 2 best tag teams of the late 80's early 90's.

Now of the more modern era...Edge & Christian, The Hardys and Dudleys; nothing beats those 3 teams during a 2 or 3 year run they had against one another.

Love the 'rasslin' reference though Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? 184121345

Hey now! Martel, Tito and the Bulldogs were very solid wrestlers! Well, maybe not Davey, but he was a a jacked up, roided up monster!

Harts and Demolition were great. Had the pleasure of meeting Bret and Ax (who was also the Masked Superstar and one of the "Machines") Class acts.

The more "modern" era is starting make me feel old. Those 3 all had some great matches. No wonder Edge can't wrestle anymore...

SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense?   Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 10:20 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I'll agree on the Hart Foundation and raise you some Road Warriors. Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? 2893009358

Good call on the Road Warriors. They were great everywhere they went.

But then again, how did we get away from the actual Four Horsemen? LOL

And to reiterate on the article, I have high hopes/expectations for Jones and Shazier, but their current production and time on the field don't compare with Moats and Spence. Hard to measure "potential."

Vince Williams is another beast, but is only used here or there on defense. He had almost as many ST reps as Spence, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out Spence was actually on the field as much as he was. That's crazy when you think about his journey.

tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense?   Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 10:45 am

LB's and secondary are the horses. Technically, you want the horsemen to be the triangle in the middle of the 3-4. (Hampton-Foote-Farrior) If im taking 4 you want the diamond of Hampton-Farrior-Timmons-Polamalu.

Replace Timmons with Smith and you have our 4 "horsemen" of the championship runs.

Next year it has to be Tuitt and Heyward along with Harrison and Timmons.

. .
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense?   Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 10:51 am

Yeah I was just going with the linebackers for the sake of how it fit the creative spin...

I do believe our bookends upfront, Heyward and Tuitt, are going to be huge this year. I also feel McCullers might make a push for more playing time. That guy is a handful!

I truly feel our defense is coming full circle just like the offense was. Barring injuries, this could be the year they make the next leap. I think the front office has put enough pieces in place to have several backup plans, in the case of the OLBs and secondary, between youth, free agents and veterans. Hopefully the youngsters pan out so we aren't really stuck when some of the veterans leave in the next year or so.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense?   Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:14 pm

Unless Jones and Shazier turn into Lex Luger and Barry Windham, I'm afraid we're stuck with the Four Horsemen of the Dean Malenko era. It's still the Four Horsemen because we've got The Puking Boy Lawrence Timmons (Flair) and The Enforcer James Harrison (Anderson). But Shazier (Melenko) and Jones (Benoit) haven't come into their own yet. Timmons (Flair) is a solid veteran leader of the group and a main eventer, so he'll find a way to at least keep them in the title picture (WOOOOOO!!). Harrison (Anderson) is at the end of his career, and while he's still The Enforcer, his tank is running out of gas and every match could be his last. Shazier (Malenko) and Jones (Benoit) both have tons of talent and a lot of promise, but right now they're just a couple of mid-carders who are nowhere near as great as past members and can't help make the Horsemen as dominant as they once were.

With that said, I go into every season expecting only one outcome ...

Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? Steelers_TRB-13-300x300

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense?   Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 9:57 am

Timmons, Heyward, Deebo, and Shazier ups his game to be the fourth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense?   Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Are The Four Horsemen On The Steelers Defense?
Page 1 of 1