Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCan Antonio Brown Get Better? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Can Antonio Brown Get Better?

Go down 
+19
SoCalFan
DesertSteel
OX1947
vasteeler
MostHateD
lotas
HeinzMustard
SteelersCanada
Atlanta Dan
SteelCity4Life
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
FrancoLambert
El-Gonzo Jackson
tony hipchest
Hawaii 5-0
ImperialFan
Fire Arians
Wallace108
SteelCityUnderground
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

Can Antonio Brown Get Better? Empty
PostSubject: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 3:07 pm

For two seasons, Antonio Brown has been on fire. To expect the types of things Brown has done consistently, over that period of time, would place high expectations on AB. However, high expectations and insurmountable odds are are nothing new to this star wide receiver.

Expectations weren’t always high for Brown, but the odds of him becoming the best at his position, were stacked against him, at the beginning of his NFL career...

Read more at Steel City Underground

Side note: I'd like to thank everyone for their support! In a little over a year I've written over 100 Steelers articles, and met some great fans and made some equally passionate friends on this forum among the other social media outlets I'm on.

http://steelcityunderground.com
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 3:51 pm

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
Side note: I'd like to thank everyone for their support! In a little over a year I've written over 100 Steelers articles, and met some great fans and made some equally passionate friends on this forum among the other social media outlets I'm on.

SCU, we're happy to have you here as a member, and I appreciate you contributing your articles to SX to help generate discussions. Last season was fun, and I look forward to many more. Can Antonio Brown Get Better? 230572241 ... And now that I think about it, it was one of your articles that brought about the (Crash) McCardinal era here. Thanks?? Can Antonio Brown Get Better? 1664291743

I'll check out your latest article later. Can Antonio Brown Get Better? 3056903510

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 3:54 pm

Wow it's funny you mention Crash... someone sent out a tweet last week saying "you must follow these accounts for Steelers updates" and Crash and Illuminati were on it...

I looked up Crash and he has over 1500 Twitter followers, while I just eclipsed 1400 over the weekend. SMDH is the expression!

Anyway, I wonder how that Big Ben trade and Bruce Arians/Arizona conspiracy is working out for him? In the meantime, I told him our offense would be near the top in the league and we would win the division. Funny to see who was right/wrong out of that conversation!

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 4:31 pm

Wow it's funny you mention Crash... someone sent out a tweet last week saying "you must follow these accounts for Steelers updates" and Crash and Illuminati were on it...

I looked up Crash and he has over 1500 Twitter followers, while I just eclipsed 1400 over the weekend. SMDH is the expression!

Anyway, I wonder how that Big Ben trade and Bruce Arians/Arizona conspiracy is working out for him? In the meantime, I told him our offense would be near the top in the league and we would win the division. Funny to see who was right/wrong out of that conversation!

He says he's a freelance sports writer. He's a freelance idiot. He says he has connections. His connection is Mark Madden, who he stalks on Twitter. Nonetheless, he has a bit of a following. So did Charles Manson.

If you missed my new post in your old thread: http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t5329p270-stop-blaming-todd-haley#90349

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 4:51 pm

Mark Madden... ugh... that guy ruined wrestling and ruins my enjoyment of football

Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 7:32 pm

he's still young. he will continue to get better.

if he stays healthy he's going to be the next jerry rice, he has that kind of dedication to the game, which is awesome.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 11:05 am

Fire Arians wrote:

if he stays healthy he's going to be the next jerry rice, he has that kind of dedication to the game, which is awesome.

The first guy I think of is Rice when I think of Brown. I also think of Ward, but in due time, AB could eclipse all of Ward's numbers too.

ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:50 pm

I don't really see much room for improvement. What could he possibly do better?

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 6:36 pm

Antonio Brown focused on becoming greatest WR of all time

Jeremy Fowler, ESPN Senior NFL Writer

LATROBE, Pa. -- The NFL's best wide receiver in 2014 is unabashed in his desire to be the best wide receiver in any year.

Those around Antonio Brown see that plan in motion every day in Pittsburgh Steelers training camp. He torched every cornerback who lined up against him in one-on-ones Wednesday and caught four passes, one for a touchdown, in the team's two-minute drill period.

"He's trying to be the G.O.A.T.," offensive coordinator Todd Haley said. "And he won't settle for anything less."

Brown confirmed that. And after 33 straight games of at least five catches and at least 50 yards -- an NFL record by 14 games -- the standard is set.

"That's exactly my mindset," Brown told ESPN.com when asked about becoming the greatest of all time. "I want to be special. Things are different now. I'm not that sixth-round pick anymore."

In 2010, the Steelers drafted Brown out of Central Michigan with the 195th overall pick.

Brown admits he has a ways to go in chasing standard-bearers such as Jerry Rice. But he might thrust himself into the conversation eventually if he sustains his current pace. Brown's 239 catches for 3,197 yards and 21 touchdowns since 2013 represent the league's strongest body of work during that span. No other receiver got within 18 receptions of Brown's 129-catch total in 2014. And Brown, who is 5-foot-10, has added 5 pounds of muscle this offseason.

Continuing his 5-and-50 streak for one more full season would put him at 49 straight games, approaching Joe DiMaggio-like numbers. Brown said he tries not to think about that streak but said having a "Hall of Fame quarterback" such as Ben Roethlisberger and a strong supporting cast helps extend it.

to read rest of article:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13384293/antonio-brown-pittsburgh-steelers-aims-greatest-all
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 6:59 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
I don't really see much room for improvement. What could he possibly do better?

What could he possibly do better? Do what he did last year for the next 10+ years Twisted Evil

I really think with his work ethic, he will continue to get better, and if he stays healthy, will be hall of fame bound.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Fire Arians wrote:

The first guy I think of is Rice when I think of Brown. I also think of Ward, but in due time, AB could eclipse all of Ward's numbers too.

Yep, though his style is a little different from Ward. He's not as physically imposing, but he can definitely burn people. And if he gets behind the defense, that's an easy 6. He has that breakaway speed that Ward never had. They both are similiar in the sense that they are extremely hard workers though. Ward was impressive because he really didn't have the speed to play WR in the NFL, but he got it done by working his ass off.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 2:13 am

Every time dez Bryant throws a fit/tantrum, Antonio gets better.

Douche dez might want to actually catch a ball in a championship game to get his team to a SB, before he starts worrying about Madden 16 rankings.

Dumbass

. .
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Wow it's funny you mention Crash...

He says he's a freelance sports writer. He's a freelance idiot. He says he has connections. His connection is Mark Madden, who he stalks on Twitter. Nonetheless, he has a bit of a following. So did Charles Manson.

Can Antonio Brown Get Better? 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 4:18 pm

SEEKING COMFORT: Wide receiver Antonio Brown was targeted eight times and caught three passes for 24 yards against the Cardinals.

That makes 11 catches for 111 yards in the last three games for Brown _ 26 fewer yards than fellow wide receiver Martavis Bryant had on his six catches against Arizona (6-137-2 TDs).

“He realizes he’s seen everything he’s going to see in professional football from an individual-accolades standpoint,” Tomlin said of Brown. “He’s got to get a ring. That’s what he and I have been talking about through some of this. It’s uncomfortable for him, no doubt. He’s got a great rapport with Ben Roethlisberger, Ben’s not playing. What do we have to do to win the game?

“When you’re hunting what (Brown) is hunting, his career will be defined by how many Lombardis he’s contributed to our stash.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Final-thoughts-Whatever-it-takes/7ddf370e-7b86-4686-a54f-7b9a217fcd57
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 4:51 pm

Landry targeted him at least 3 times, though the one was an attempted throwaway (or it was tipped, couldn't see - didn't watch on TV yet.)

Funny how the entire offense came alive out of nowhere when Jones came in. Heard AB, Wheaton and Heath's names, then we saw what Bryant did...

El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 6:55 pm

This past few weeks pretty much solves the question of "Do we need to draft a WR in the 1st round?".

Without a good QB and a good O line to keep the QB upright, the WR position is a waste. Talented and hard working guy like AB cant be impactful if the ball cant get to him.

The fact that Landry Jones was able to throw a back shoulder fade to AB is probably the biggest reason that Jones should get the start ahead of Vick. Vick doesn't have that kind of timing with Brown.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 7:58 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
This past few weeks pretty much solves the question of "Do we need to draft a WR in the 1st round?".

Without a good QB and a good O line to keep the QB upright, the WR position is a waste.  Talented and hard working guy like AB cant be impactful if the ball cant get to him.

The fact that Landry Jones was able to throw a back shoulder fade to AB is probably the biggest reason that Jones should get the start ahead of Vick.  Vick doesn't have that kind of timing with Brown.
no doubt. I noticed on a lot of his passes as soon as his back foot planted on the 3 or 5 step drops, the ball was out of his hands.

That hasn't happened yet with Vick, and new offense or not, 3 games is enough time to show at least SOME decisiveness.

. .
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 9:48 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Without a good QB and a good O line to keep the QB upright, the WR position is a waste.  Talented and hard working guy like AB cant be impactful if the ball cant get to him.

The fact that Landry Jones was able to throw a back shoulder fade to AB is probably the biggest reason that Jones should get the start ahead of Vick.  Vick doesn't have that kind of timing with Brown.
no doubt. I noticed on a lot of his passes as soon as his back foot planted on the 3 or 5 step drops, the ball was out of his hands.

That hasn't happened yet with Vick, and new offense or not, 3 games is enough time to show at least SOME decisiveness.

Vick NEVER has been good at reading defenses. some of the pundits said that when Ben went down and suggested Haley only have him run plays to half the field to simplify that for him. So put a guy with a slow delivery, poor at reading defenses and lacks decisiveness in an offense and we got Mike Vick needing to get out of the pocket.

Jones knows the offense and knows where the ball should go from his pre snap reads. Like you said, he gets to the "top of his drop" and throws the football. When he has to look at the 2nd and 3rd progression, he sometimes doesn't get his feet around and then misses throws, IMO. When he does, he is a good passer, but not an athlete. Vick is an athlete, but not a good passer.

I backed this kid last year and this year, knowing he needed time...but I am not blindly pumping the tires of the bandwagon like so many are now. He still needs better mechanics and I expect to see him make mistakes if he gets the start, but its part of the process.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 11:23 pm

I like how he immediately rebounded after initially throwing that interception on the two-point conversion. Is 20 yard pass down the middle of the field to martavis Bryant was a thing of beauty, leading the receiver and dropping it in between 2 defenders.

As for his post game press conference shirt and attire, all rednecks from New Mexico dress like that. I'm sure he was also wearing Wranglers from Walmart.

. .
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 12:17 am

Steelers notebook: Brown says passion prompted mini outburst

By Mark Kaboly
Monday, Oct. 19, 2015

Antonio Brown threw his hands in the air late in the third quarter against the Cardinals after a Landry Jones throw directed at him was off the mark.

Brown said Monday it wasn't selfishness or frustration that led to his mini outburst toward Jones. Instead, he said it was passion.

“I am just passionate about the game,” Brown said. “I don't think that was frustration. It is passion. Every guy in this locker should want to feel like they are the reason we win. I am just the guy who wants to be the reason.”

Brown's production has fallen off since the injury to Ben Roethlisberger. Brown was targeted 34 times and caught 29 passes for 436 yards in nine quarters with Roethlisberger. He had only 23 targets with 11 receptions and 111 yards over the past 13 without him.

Coach Mike Tomlin recently had a conversation with Brown letting him know that winning is more important that personal achievement.

“We all understand what's important,” Brown said. “As a competitor and my emotions getting involved, I just want to help the team win. It is bigger than my emotions. The team is bigger than that. It is all about winning and that's what is important.”

to read rest of article:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9289636-74/brown-heyward-game#ixzz3p4teasNo
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 11:46 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Brown said Monday it wasn't selfishness or frustration that led to his mini outburst toward Jones. Instead, he said it was passion.

I didn't make as big a deal of it as others did. To me, it looked like Landry had a d lineman's hand in his face as he threw the ball. I actually thought it might've been tipped too. I don't see any other reason why it would end up at AB's feet, other than "not wanting to turn the ball over" which is plausible too.

AB's reaction, to me, was "dammit, I could've had that..." and nothing more.

tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 12:07 pm

[quote="SteelCityUnderground"]
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

AB's reaction, to me, was "dammit, I could've had that..." and nothing more.
there was no way he couldve had that. it was behind him bouncing to his feet.

his reaction to me was "Dammit, what the hell was that garbage throw??? I was wide open with room to run!!!"

Landry was thrown in the fire ice cold. gotta support your teamates. Im sure brown didnt mean to show him up, but it looked just like he dressed him down.

no harm, no foul. steelers won, and brown and landry hooked up on that awesome back shoulder throw. brown will get his qb back soon and in the meantime help jones shine. a weeks worth of practice will definitely help.

. .
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 12:10 pm

All of Vick's passes are floaters....short or long Rolling Eyes ....there's no zip on the ball at all.

I'll take a QB (Landry) that the defense has to respect due to his arm strength.

And yes, AB can get better....as soon as Ben gets back.

Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:06 pm

I don't really like how Brown is making a big deal about not getting the ball a lot. Vick never through his way, which is dumb but still he needs to focus on the team and not be selfish. Everyone knows he one of the best WR in the game and everyone knows whenn Ben comes back Brown will be his favorite target. He really needs to tone it down you can see in his body language that he is up set about not getting the ball. I just hope he isnt making a big stink about it and becoming a cancer

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 2:42 pm

--- Antonio Brown’s streak of catching fewer than five passes for fewer than 50 yards reached three games. He caught three for 24 Sunday, 23 of them on one reception.

--- They may say it is Antonio being Antonio, but someone should speak to Brown about his demonstrative and negative emotions toward his quarterback when things do not go his way. It almost looked as though he was trying to show up Jones when that one pass on a crossing pattern was low and hit Brown in the foot.

--- With that, here is what Mike Tomlin had to say about Brown when asked after the game:

“He realizes he’s seen everything he’s going to see in professional football, from an individual accolades standpoint. He’s got to get a ring. That’s what he and I have been talking about through some of this. It’s uncomfortable for him, no doubt. He’s got a great rapport with Ben Roethlisberger, Ben’s not playing. What do we have to do to win the game? When you’re hunting what he’s hunting, his career will be defined by how many Lombardis he’s contributed to our stash.”

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/10/19/What-Other-Wasted-Draft-Pick-Can-Step-Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Antonio Brown Get Better?   Can Antonio Brown Get Better? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can Antonio Brown Get Better?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next